onions_201kg-228x228.gif

:goal:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic game, really pleased for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Showed his football brain where Akpom didn't (harsh but fair) in closing down their keeper - played the angles and cut off 2 players by going in between them. Very impressive.

Where's [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] - surely time to finally hold those hands up & admit you were completely wrong and the rest of us were completely right..?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ok, so obviously I think all of this praise is ridiculous. His goal yesterday was excellent, and one hell of a surprise. Not to see him hiding outside the box, that's not overly unusual but he actually kicked it. Hard. Quality goal and then a quality cross for Murray's goal - my criticism of him is that he doesn't affect the game at all, but in those two moments he turned the game for us yesterday and deserves high praise for it. It's like with Skalak, he often isn't in the game at all but then we get a set piece and he directly impacts the game with a delivery. Overall, his performance was as it usually is, he's a runner on a football pitch. Ineffective up against any opponent at all, no real ideas on the ball and if he were to win the ball back he'd only lose it immediately anyway because his a game is to pass to Murray, the b is to pass to Knockaert or if neither of those things are possible, he'll try to win a free kick.

All the praise of his "defending from the front" is generous at best, he runs around without doing anything. Maybe 1 in 5 the opposition player will misplace a pass or shank it out of play, so fair play, his running around has had an impact. But the rest of the time it doesn't make a difference. Nobody has mentioned the numerous times a move broke down because he couldn't keep hold of it, and nobody has mentioned that when Baldock tries to intercept a pass he misses, but Knockaert at least twice made an interception which actually got us the ball back. His effort actually had results.

As usual, I really think people should post where they watched the game from. I sit in the East Stand Upper, so I can see the whole game. If you sit in a lower tier or behind a goal, you don't have the same view, so you won't hold the same opinion. I'm very clear in my opinion, which is based entirely on his performances. He also needs to pack in getting in the faces of opponents and then having a cry to the referee when they tell him to piss off, he comes across as a tedious little man who is carried by the team. Yesterday he won us the game, obviously I'd be more than happy if he did that every game but he won't - he did nothing at all against Aston Villa but that's conveniently ignored and he did nothing in the first half yesterday, also not mentioned. But he was a worthy man of the match for the excellent goal and brilliant cross, it's just a shame it's completely out of character.

Copyright [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] November 2016

Just for laughs, here's another belter from the same author:

Aaron Mooy and Elias Kachunga are very lucky to be included (in Ian Holloway's Championship top XI), Mooy has actually been on the bench a few times lately. Huddersfield are not going to finish in the top 6. I think they'll do well to be in the top 10 come the end of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Copyright [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] November 2016

Just for laughs, here's another belter from the same author:

'Runs around without doing anything'...................

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji849]

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
'Runs around without doing anything'...................

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji849]

I remember the haters slagged him off when he joined, but he played in mediocre teams under mediocre managers, and was beset with injuries.

I genuinely thought that he stood out as having great pace and directness, in a long period when our forwards had lacked both.

Glad it's worked out so well. Class telling.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Saw him a few times at City and was really excited when we signed him. Taken him 2.5 seasons, nearly half of which injured, but now I am seeing the player I saw at Ashton Gate, just a division and a half higher.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Was outstanding again today. When he first took his shot that hit the post I thought he had made a mare of it but the whip and bend while the keeper stood like a statue was true class and really unlucky not to go it off the post.

His goal when it came was superb and he showed marvellous technique to hit it when he did as the keeper was caught between coming out and sticking on his line. So pleased he is coming good for us as he had always tried so hard and played well but ultimately most strikers will be judged on goals. Keep it up Sam :albion2:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Had a blinder. Looked so much more relaxed and confident than of last season. Seems he's not scared to try things now. The effort which hit the bar was sublime. He couldn't have hit that any sweeter. The keeper was completely rooted. Even Jeff Minton would've been proud of that.

I actually thought he got slightly lucky with his goal. His first touch controlled the ball too dead instead of a touch ahead into his path, for example; Bergkamp against Argentina.
Where Baldock got a tiny bit lucky is how his first touch bounced into his chest and then came back down for him to hit it home confidently. But it was still a brilliant goal. Not many forwards in this division would've even got close to getting a touch on the ball Bruno played. Yet, Baldock also managed to hold off McShane, keep his balance, control a pass coming over his shoulder and then bang it in.

Not bad considering he's League 1 standard.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Saw him a few times at City and was really excited when we signed him. Taken him 2.5 seasons, nearly half of which injured, but now I am seeing the player I saw at Ashton Gate, just a division and a half higher.
I've been Team Baldock for a while now, but I wasn't 100% impressed when we signed him, however I would say he's the most improved player we've got. Maybe it took him a while to find his feet or maybe Hughton is just a brilliant coach (or maybe a bit of both), but boy do we miss him when he's not playing. That first touch last night for his goal when the ball was dipping over his shoulder was superb.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here