Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fan handed three year banning order after climbing boundary at Sincil Bank

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Matty's FBO for the Spurs incident was lifted some time ago. If you serve two thirds of an FBO without getting into any bother then you can apply to have it withdrawn, which is what he did. So he was not breaching by being in Lincoln.

I do hope everyone handing out the standard insults for a situation like this has NEVER encroached the pitch at a football game before. Otherwise they feel the same way about the Lincoln fans who did the same at the end of that game. Or perhaps the Man City game at Withdean. Or the Swindon Playoff game game. Or the last game at The Goldstone. Do I need to offer more examples?

As I suspected. Firmly back to being very harsh in my opinion.

Football would be a bit boring if everybody was extremely behaved, he only jumped on a bloody advertising banner after having a few for ****s sake:shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

When do all these Lincoln fans get banned for actually running on the pitch?

Brighton fan doesn't go on the pitch but gets banned...:shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
View attachment 82447

When do all these Lincoln fans get banned for actually running on the pitch?

Brighton fan doesn't go on the pitch but gets banned...:shrug:

Genuine question: does anyone know if there is a difference in law between encroaching on the playing surface after FT as opposed to during the game? Perhaps this is why he was treated differently? Pure guesswork here...

It does seem harsh to give a FBO if all he did was jump a barrier and run around behind the goal for a few seconds before hopping back over the barrier...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Genuine question: does anyone know if there is a difference in law between encroaching on the playing surface after FT as opposed to during the game? Perhaps this is why he was treated differently? Pure guesswork here...

It does seem harsh to give a FBO if all he did was jump a barrier and run around behind the goal for a few seconds before hopping back over the barrier...

Good question about during and after the match, I don't know the answer but was thinking the same thing.

Sutton V Arsenal the other night, a fan ran onto the pitch wearing only boxer shorts, trainers and what looked like a Giraffe hat, the game was stopped, no stewards challenged him and he ran back into the stand.
Not sure if he got arrested or even thrown out of the ground.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Matty's FBO for the Spurs incident was lifted some time ago. If you serve two thirds of an FBO without getting into any bother then you can apply to have it withdrawn, which is what he did. So he was not breaching by being in Lincoln.

I do hope everyone handing out the standard insults for a situation like this has NEVER encroached the pitch at a football game before. Otherwise they feel the same way about the Lincoln fans who did the same at the end of that game. Or perhaps the Man City game at Withdean. Or the Swindon Playoff game game. Or the last game at The Goldstone. Do I need to offer more examples?

I'm not familiar with the law but although he got his previous ban reduced wouldn't it be subject to not breaking the law regarding football grounds until the original ban had expired?

If not I trust he is going to appeal his latest FBO?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'm not familiar with the law but although he got his previous ban reduced wouldn't it be subject to not breaking the law regarding football grounds until the original ban had expired?

If not I trust he is going to appeal his latest FBO?

It doesn't work like that. Once it has been lifted that's it. With regards to the new one I haven't a clue - but I doubt it otherwise he would have done in court.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Can't believe the plebs on here,so your telling me,of we score last min goal at villa park to win the league 3000 bha fans won't be going on pitch
****ing deluded

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Don't know the bloke and you can't really get the full story about what happened.

However a few years ago a Leeds "fan" attacked me randomly from behind at Leeds station whilst I was minding my own business with a pretty nasty punch to the back of the head. He got a 3 year banning order and a much smaller fine. Hardly comparable.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Just seems to be easy pickings for the police here , ludicrous powers need looking at , this certainly nowhere warrants the ban he has received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can only echo what the majority here have said. Bloody ridiculous decision but not surprising. You know it, I know it, PC Darren Balkham bloody well knows it too. It's about time the police and courts got their head out of the 1980s where football fans are concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here