Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Downs: England's Mountains Green

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can we join this thread up with the O/T Southdowns, England's Mountains Green - BBC4 21:00 tonight.one?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One of the reasons I live where I live is because it now takes me 15 mins to be on the Downs.
It's one of the most beautiful places we have. I simply love the South Downs.
Thanks for the tip, looking forward to it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed this piece of programming, especially the part with the butterfly dude and also the water voles. Worth a watch on catch up if you missed it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Terrific programme. Really nice to see the Downs get some recognition for the beautiful landscape that it is. Great to see familiar places and discover some I have never visited either (I aim to rectify that soon enough).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Really enjoyed it too. Especially the piece on Cissbury Ring which is just up the road from me. That vicar is a well cool guy isn't he.

Slight over use of the drone camera though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Terrific programme. Really nice to see the Downs get some recognition for the beautiful landscape that it is. Great to see familiar places and discover some I have never visited either (I aim to rectify that soon enough).

For those of you living in Lesser Sussex and rarely venture over to see what you could of won in the lottery of life, I'd like to emphasis Kingley Vale.

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/visiting-woods/wood/27784/kingley-vale/

I know it featured heavily last night, and I know it looked fantastic, but I assure you the programme still didn't do the area justice.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is indeed one of the places I need to visit, it looked spectacular.
If this weather holds you need to make the effort some time in March.
Failing that a couple of weeks after the next (last) cold snap.

Camera, rug and picnic are essential although it's a bit of a trek from the car to the woods.

Make sure it's sunny as obviously after the woods, you'll want to hike up to The South Downs Way, for the view.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
One of the reasons I live where I live is because it now takes me 15 mins to be on the Downs.
It's one of the most beautiful places we have. I simply love the South Downs.
Thanks for the tip, looking forward to it.

Summer breezes, nice and warm, on the path from Lewes to Firle alongside fields of golden corn near ripened to be harvested. Birds a twittering, the odd sound of distant cattle......

what more can I say a truly wonderful experience and memory .

TNBA

TTF

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
looked forward to it but was actually dissappointed,seemed to show same pictures again and again and again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
looked forward to it but was actually dissappointed,seemed to show same pictures again and again and again.

There were moments of that for sure and it seemed a bit padded out by that which was odd. I actually think you could have had an episode on each of the key sites he visited.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

I quite enjoyed it, but you are nevertheless correct - three separate panning shots must have been used about seven or eight times each, giving the impression of a lot of repetition. Maybe they should have done three or four episodes (I know I'm being greedy), concentrating on different aspects (eg art and literature, flora and fauna, etc) because it felt like a lot of potential subjects were given too little time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
There were moments of that for sure and it seemed a bit padded out by that which was odd. I actually think you could have had an episode on each of the key sites he visited.

I quite enjoyed it, but you are nevertheless correct - three separate panning shots must have been used about seven or eight times each, giving the impression of a lot of repetition. Maybe they should have done three or four episodes (I know I'm being greedy), concentrating on different aspects (eg art and literature, flora and fauna, etc) because it felt like a lot of potential subjects were given too little time.

Great minds etc.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Time is money.

In the good old days Auntie Beeb would have granted all your wishes and more,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here