WHC X* Semi Final 2 - Jaguar Vs Honey Badger

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I need someone to really sell the Jaguar to me. I've not had the benefit of seeing David Attenborough big him up so I need convincing as to why I should vote for him. The big cats have never done well in this tournament...what makes the Jaguar different?

It's not different, if anything it's a Leopard-lite. It's competition in the wild is minimal compared to the African cats.

It looks COOL and has a COOL name, but it's not the world's COOLEST creature completion, it's the world's HARDEST. Otherwise it would be in with a real chance, and the badger would have been out in the group stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can we do World's CUDDLIEST Creature next year? Just so HB can win something.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Can we do World's CUDDLIEST Creature next year? Just so HB can win something.

I dunno, I think the Jaguar would give him a run for his money...

lewis-hamilton-617162.jpg

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Team badger spinning the same yarn every year. So desperate to win and will go to almost any length just to finish second again. The campaign manager needs a good old kick up its backside to ignite the imagination of the undecided voter.
Currently swayed to voted team Jag

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I see voting is neck & neck, after much thought I have personally decided to go for the tried & trusted Honey Badger.

I'm thinking the Jaguar is a Champion in Waiting but not this year...

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Team badger spinning the same yarn every year. So desperate to win and will go to almost any length just to finish second again. The campaign manager needs a good old kick up its backside to ignite the imagination of the undecided voter.
Currently swayed to voted team Jag

So what evidence, except three words quoted by David Attenborough himself, have we seen in favor of the Jag exactly? All you ever hear from whatever creature comes up against HB is how 'cuddly' it looks, a vendetta against it rather than valid reasons as to why to vote for its competitor.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Turning out to be the epic semi final we had all hoped for. Would the jaguar comfortably rip out the honey badger's throat? Would the honey badger be seen disappearing over the horizon munching on a jaguar scrotum?

You decide...

Yoda

English & European
I need someone to really sell the Jaguar to me. I've not had the benefit of seeing David Attenborough big him up so I need convincing as to why I should vote for him. The big cats have never done well in this tournament...what makes the Jaguar different?

Here's the David Attenborough clip for you:

As for what's different, the Jag goes way into and UNDER the water, the Crocs natural territory. to kill his prey. He doesn't attack them when on land where they are slow and clumbersome, but into his own layer, diving under the surface (where the croc would have better vision too due to the extra set of clear eyelids they have) to claim his meal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
jaguars bit through the skulls of crocodiles....!!!!

they are the Danny Dyer of the animal world

No wonder Cortez ran away from them when in South America

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Here's the David Attenborough clip for you:

As for what's different, the Jag goes way into and UNDER the water, the Crocs natural territory. to kill his prey. He doesn't attack them when on land where they are slow and clumbersome, but into his own layer, diving under the surface (where the croc would have better vision too due to the extra set of clear eyelids they have) to claim his meal.

Now this, this is more like it. Very impressive. We have a contest on our hands.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So the Jaguar actively attacks and kills Crocs in the Croc's natural habitat whereas the Trump Badger occasionally has to try to DEFEND itself from bigger animals (and often fails).

Getting picked on by the big boys and sometimes getting away vs walking into a hard c***s manor and killing him.

This is a hardness contest right?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
143227.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "Maya". Maya is totally domesticated and loves taking long walks with her owner, chasing her ball and being cuddled. She doesn't have a nasty bone in her body and is especially good around children. All in all a perfect family pet who will make a wonderful addition to your family.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Do we really have to bring out all the "girls picking up and cuddling Trump Teddies" pictures?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So the Jaguar actively attacks and kills Crocs in the Croc's natural habitat whereas the Trump Badger occasionally has to try to DEFEND itself from bigger animals (and often fails).

Getting picked on by the big boys and sometimes getting away vs walking into a hard c***s manor and killing him.

This is a hardness contest right?

Surprise, needs based attack from behind, from the Jaguar on the Caiman (weedy cousin of the Crocodile), versus strolling bold as brass through the middle of the lion pride because he can't be arsed to walk round them.
Honey Badger all day, every day, is harder than the Jaguar.

Yoda

English & European
I know it's an old classic, but below the Honey Badger takes on 6 (yes, that's 6) Lions. That's 6 Lion's, Lion's being the African relative to its South American brother, the Jaguar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvlalDNxccw

"4 sub-adults"? So the equivalent of a teenager that doesn't know what he's doing & all the Honey Badger does is give one of them a bite on the nose.

If the Lions wanted to, they could've killed it but they were "Playing with it", rather than attacking it.

The Tasmanian Devil is more harder and a nut job compared to the Honey Badger in this video.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here