Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federer vs. Nadal Australian Open Tennis

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I never thought it would happen again. Roger is a true titan of sport. Bloody Hell. Emotional stuff.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Would love Federer to win but just can't see it. He was imperious in the third set but dropped off in the fourth and has surrendered momentum to Nadal. Will take a huge effort to reverse things now and with their history of Nadal having the upper hand I just don't think it will happen. Hope it does but...

Now THAT is how you call a final.

Prescient, GNLF. Prescient.

:whistle:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Five years after his last Grand Slam - a three and half hour game won in the fifth set by a thirty-five year old !

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Now send them both off to retire and leave it to the younger players they have both had great careers so time to retire.

A lovely, positive response as ever BG.

It's moments like this that make sport so uplifting. All power to their tennis elbows.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Now send them both off to retire and leave it to the younger players they have both had great careers so time to retire.
What utter rubbish.

That match showed that both are still capable of phenomenal stuff that any tennis fan would enjoy watching, both will retire when they're good and ready as it rightly should be.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Why?! They are two of the greatest players of all time. Why would you want them to stop? Why want to see less of them? If the younger players are good enough they'll replace them naturally not because the greats retired.

Absolutely. Nadal will fancy his chances in the French Open if he manages to keep his current form going. Federer could possibly play on for another year or two. Both look hungry for more.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not a big tennis fan but I think its nice they both made it to the final despite one of them having to lose. Roger Federer always looked so stylish on and off the court and Nadal always came across as a really nice guy so it's marvellous both made it to a final again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here