Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New deals for three; five released

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry to disagree but Casper is a liability at this level.

The Forest game in 2013 summed him up. Brilliant shot stopping in the game, only to let me through his legs in injury time.

I can only presume he is decent to have around the place, does not mind having the ball pinged at him in training and is cheap.

Which is why he's going to be third choice. He's obviously loyal to us which is admirable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bobby I'd accepted so it doesn't hurt so much. I'm just so happy he made a lovely contribution to this season.

GG still has a good move in him so almost pleased for him to get out now and get another season as a first choice centre back somewhere.

Calderon HURTS. Honestly, I think I ACTUALLY loved him.

'Think'?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Casper is decent at Championship level. He kept 11 clean sheets in our first season at Falmer. He's obviously happy to be third choice for not a lot of money.

Nah. That was five years ago, he has barely played a game over the last few years and he turns 37 next season.

However, he is clearly well-liked, a club man and, presumably cheap which makes him an ideal last resort. Happy to trust Hughton et al on this one.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Calde not calde! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji32] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji32] [emoji32] [emoji32] [emoji32] [emoji32] [emoji32] [emoji32] [emoji32] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Genuinely really upset about Calde. Also didn't think I would be sad about Greer but am

More so than Bobby as I think he will retire and decided that a few months ago.

I am 28 for goodness sake, yet am now sat all upset about never seeing Inigo again. Has he been here long enough for a testimonial?

Exactly the same here, down to the age and everything.

Despite a fear that you're in my brain, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this suffering.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I'm glad that the club is moving on quickly and no sentimentality involved in the decisions, if we are to go up then ruthless decisions have to be made and looks like Hughton knows exactly what he wants to build on

That was a worryingly sensible post for you....

How they get shot of the last of Burke's cock ups is another question.

Do you think Burton might want O'Grady?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can only presume he is decent to have around the place, does not mind having the ball pinged at him in training and is cheap.

All of these things, he's now basically the training ground / emergency 3rd goalie and probably coach for non senior keepers.

Walton will be out on loan.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We've moved on from the Dick Tight times when he gave jobs on the clubs payroll to every old player, it maybe be ruthless but once a player's time is up they should be moved on not kept on for sentimental reasons or the club doesn't move on

Thank f*ck for that.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Will miss Calderon's presence, either on the pitch or on the sidelines. Hope he and the others, particularly Greer (good enough for most Championship teams first 11 IMO), get good positions elsewhere.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I almost view that signing as a coaching one, might have to play of the rest of the keepers consume a dodgy lasagne on the Friday night.

Nah. That was five years ago, he has barely played a game over the last few years and he turns 37 next season.

However, he is clearly well-liked, a club man and, presumably cheap which makes him an ideal last resort. Happy to trust Hughton et al on this one.

I'm sure this is about the strength of it. Casper is very well settled here, a great professional, and will have modest wage demands. There is are a lot of keepers through the club that can benefit from having him about, and [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] s line earlier about 'doesn't mind balls pinged at him in training' is also true - you can't have a proper training match, nor most fast paced drills, without a bare minimum of two fit keepers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought GG might get one more year. No other real surprises. Calde will always be loved and welcome any time at the club. As Orlandi said in his video message Calde likes "running and football" so I'm sure will get a place at a local-ish team. I genuinely hope he doesn't end up at the #twats mind you.

If you love them, let them go

Same here. That leaves us with 17 + the five loaned out and Holla. (if I can count)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Must admit to being surprised, and a little disappointed by the decision to let Greer go. He came in for the play off games and showed he is still a more than capable Championship defender.

Having said that, it's a two way thing - he may want more football than we can give him.

I hope it also means we are intent on keeping Dunk and Goldson.

As for Calde - let him go and play for a couple more years, then he can come back and hopefully we'd give him a job of some sorts, if he wanted it.

Thanks to all of them.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Haven't read the whole thread but guessing we've kept Ankergren because he's on relatively low wages, good on the training pitch and in the dressing room and doesn't mind being 3rd/4th choice keeper. Think the club got it spot on to release Greer and Calde, superb servants for the club but there is no room for sentimentality and both of them can still play football at a decent level if they wish.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Inigo Calderon.

He once scored with his face.

He's now brought tears to this place.

_82456670_inigocalderongetty.jpg

Eskerrik asko Calde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here