Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone / stikers

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think we'll struggle to score goals again this season from the recognised strikers, hoping the rest of the team's contribution is much greater than last.

Murray is still our best striker by some distance and we all know he can't play week in/out or even 90mins. Locadia doesn't strike me as reliable, Hemed tries hard but...Finally, I just have this feeling that Andone won't cut it. As for all the exciting promise of development signings, well, as we've seen, some aren't even geographically close to playing in the first term let alone bench warmers.

Nothing like a bit of optimism and excitement on the eve of the new season eh! Christ

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Indeed he is and travelled with the squad to Watford, albeit this photo makes it look like he’s almost a stowaway....

b252ca87cac0b57e84437d87462c6983.jpg

Either that or he photo shopped himself in after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that Hemed in the background? So he is in the 25?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nothing like a bit of optimism and excitement on the eve of the new season eh! Christ
Didums, did someone say something nasty about your lickle club?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Moron. What do you think Andone's supposed to do, not to mention Jahanbacksh? :ffsparr:

Stupid C unt. You’re the one unable to join the dots McRetard. No offence like.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
portlock is going to be disappointed with his contribution to this thread.

Theres some petals on this thread aren’t there? Question whether our recognised strikers will score buckets of goals and usual flowers leaping to defend in their typical how very dare you style. I believe we’ll get more from other players in midfield and defence this season, than say a dozen coming from one striker such as from Andone or Locardia. Still convinced wise old fox Murray will finish our top striker. Been there done that. The other two are rookies in the PL with everything to prove still. That’s if they ever get out the treatment room of course. It’s very tough to score goals when you’re not playing,another reason why I’m not convinced either will score many and hence why I still believe our striker force is arguably our weakest position. But of course, some see that opinion as too much to bare. It must be criticism of the club. And therefore condemned. To those I say this...Kiss my hairy white arse :thumbsup::p

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nope, you're the one who has completely missed the point. But never mind, you're obviously a bit hard of thinking.

Look, I don’t have the time nor the crayons to explain things to you. Just f uck off. Go on, off you f uck

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Theres some petals on this thread aren’t there? Question whether our recognised strikers will score buckets of goals and usual flowers leaping to defend in their typical how very dare you style. I believe we’ll get more from other players in midfield and defence this season, than say a dozen coming from one striker such as from Andone or Locardia. Still convinced wise old fox Murray will finish our top striker. Been there done that. The other two are rookies in the PL with everything to prove still. That’s if they ever get out the treatment room of course. It’s very tough to score goals when you’re not playing,another reason why I’m not convinced either will score many and hence why I still believe our striker force is arguably our weakest position. But of course, some see that opinion as too much to bare. It must be criticism of the club. And therefore condemned. To those I say this...Kiss my hairy white arse :thumbsup::p

Doubt we’ll have anyone, or perhaps one, in double figures myself, but certainly not Murray who’ll find this season, I think, a step too far (got a little bit lucky last season). We will, however get a decent contribution from several players (possibly 5-10 from Andone, Locadia, Knocky, Ali J and Jose) plus a few from Stephens, Bissouma and Popper and who knows, maybe even a positive contribution from defence.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Doubt we’ll have anyone, or perhaps one, in double figures myself, but certainly not Murray who’ll find this season, I think, a step too far (got a little bit lucky last season). We will, however get a decent contribution from several players (possibly 5-10 from Andone, Locadia, Knocky, Ali J and Jose) plus a few from Stephens, Bissouma and Popper and who knows, maybe even a positive contribution from defence.
Regarding Murray, there was nothing lucky about his goals last season. He is class. But you may be right that she will finally catch up with him. I wouldn't write him off though as his game doesn't rely on speed but that knack of right place right time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Regarding Murray, there was nothing lucky about his goals last season. He is class. But you may be right that she will finally catch up with him. I wouldn't write him off though as his game doesn't rely on speed but that knack of right place right time.

Debatable........couple of goals he’ll be very lucky to repeat (Swansea away, Palace, West Ham x 2 - free header and a pen down the middle) but fair play to him for knocking in what he did. Looking at the recruitment, I think we’re going to be more focused on pace, so he might be on the bench. Good option when we’re ahead and looking to hold it up though - not many better at it

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Debatable........couple of goals he’ll be very lucky to repeat (Swansea away, Palace, West Ham x 2 - free header and a pen down the middle)
To be fair he has repeated that sort of stuff, year after year, and has made an entire career out of doing so. I'd still back him to score those complete flukes, as he has done so often. As you say, a good option. Keeping him around means we always have a natural goalscorer in the team, which is a priceless commodity in the PL these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here