Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It does make me laugh how you think I have another account :lol: Check with the mods but there is only one of us that has had multiple accounts and LIED about it. Really Nibble, you're quite pathetic.

Thanks TP, I’ll be sure to look into that. Just as soon as I’ve finished ironing my bin bags.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You only lost by 230 Theresa, the largest loss in parliamentary history - surely it's worth giving it another go ?

Just when you thought this complete clusterf*** couldn't get any more farcical :facepalm:

For May its desperate times, a deal is the only way the Tories can survive.

No Brexit and the Tories will implode, no deal and they are finished and in the wilderness.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That seems to have narrowed you down
The hard right -wing issue the dissident IRA are blaming for setting off this car bomb is either
A/ Something you dont really know at all
or
B/ Something you dont actually want to say

righto.
have to love a person with the courage of their convictions:ffsparr:

The right wing of the Tory party are forcing Brexit through unfortunately some people have seen this as an opportunity to plant a bomb. They might have planted it anyway but Brexit plus the collapse of May's majority and subsequent reliance on the DUP is enough for some people to take what they see as necessary action. I can't condone the act of violence nor can I condone the destruction of our parliamentary democracy by a bunch of right wing opportunists.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brexiters would suggest calling it 'clean exit' or 'WTO deal', as if that would help clarify things.

And [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], I wouldn't go as far as suggesting these people are thick per se, just ignorant. I wouldn't blame them though. If you asked a random selection of people on the street what various Brexit-related jargon means, most won't have a clue. Many people are at the stage where they don't pay attention to the political news anymore and just want the whole debacle over and done with. They no longer care. All of this is why a second referendum shouldn't happen...

...But then if there were a second referendum, I personally would change my vote. It's a complete mess, whatever happens :(

This is true, Brexit has dominated now for so long most have no idea what is going on.

There are still a lot of minds out there that could be easily lead into thinking no deal would somehow is OK. This why the lies from the Brexiteers continue, especially on complex matters such as WTO that few have a grasp of.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The right wing of the Tory party are forcing Brexit through unfortunately some people have seen this as an opportunity to plant a bomb. They might have planted it anyway but Brexit plus the collapse of May's majority and subsequent reliance on the DUP is enough for some people to take what they see as necessary action. I can't condone the act of violence nor can I condone the destruction of our parliamentary democracy by a bunch of right wing opportunists.

May said herself that we are more secure from terrorists if we stay in the EU.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is true, Brexit has dominated now for so long most have no idea what is going on.

There are still a lot of minds out there that could be easily lead into thinking no deal would somehow is OK. This why the lies from the Brexiteers continue, especially on complex matters such as WTO that few have a grasp of.

Quite. Leave voters have lost the argument . It’s a mess. A good indicator of when they have literally nothing left to argue with is they start calling me Nibble and launch into personal attacks on other posters. Westdene Seagull and Pastafarian get to that stage quickly and regularly :) lol ��

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The republic of Ireland didnt vote to leave so yes since both sides are involved in this it is their fault as much as anyone elses. This bomb is a warning to both sides.

Wow

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite. Leave voters have lost the argument . It’s a mess. A good indicator of when they have literally nothing left to argue with is they start calling me Nibble and launch into personal attacks on other posters. Westdene Seagull and Pastafarian get to that stage quickly and regularly :) lol ��

I, of course, wouldn't know :rolleyes::lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dash of milk, 1 small sugar please.
Milk_Cat_6.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For May its desperate times, a deal is the only way the Tories can survive.

No Brexit and the Tories will implode, no deal and they are finished and in the wilderness.

Not all the while that Corbyn is leader of the opposition.

And a new party, as mooted by Tony Blair, is doomed. Because it was mooted by Tony Blair.

Perhaps we need a brand new mooter. Someone generally popular and uncontroversial. Phillip Schofield? Too German?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
May not prepared to budge an inch on her red lines so how the hell can anyone negotiate with her ???
I can't understand her strategy, it appears to be bonkers. But then Corbyn also won't negotiate due to his red lines, so he's no better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm a remainer but above all I'm just sick of it all now. I just want it done so that we can get on with the campaign of getting us back in, or at least a campaign to regain access to the single market.

But this glib "happy days" is beyond the pale - it's just bone-headed. There is nothing "happy" about that particular day if it happens because it may mean disaster to many people - that is according to the overwhelming majority of people in the country, never mind the commons.

If we must leave, it should involve extending the period beyond March, handing over the reins to Brexiteers, and asking them to negotiate properly. I would say that "No deal" should not be off the table while negotiations are ongoing, but if that's the best that even Brexiteers can do, then we'd need a referendum to ratify it. I hate referendums, I really do, but that is such a potentially fundamental shift from the status quo, and we can be so sure that the majority of the electorate were unaware it might ever come to no-deal, that the population ought to be able to ratify it.

There is something noble, and yet strangely tragic about a man attempting to talk sensibly to the human equivalent of a broken speak-your-weight machine. :lolol:

On a serious note, having scrolled back up this thread, is there anyone I don't have on ignore who is presenting a bold and coherent explanation for why they feel optimistic about the Brexit arrangements? It seems that 80% of posters here are losing the will to live, while a small but very noisy minority are making fart noises with their arm pits and giggling about how lovely everything is. :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It seems that 80% of posters here are losing the will to live, while a small but very noisy minority are making fart noises with their arm pits and giggling about how lovely everything is. :shrug:
It's hardly surprising that some people are taking the piss after the insults they've received throughout this thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here