Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tonight,s EU vote and the margin of defeat ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey that was much closer than predicted. Now she's inviting Corbyn to constructive meetings.

FFS

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ccccccc

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The libs want the same preconditions as Corbyn. No deal Brexit ruled out a priori. I'd buy that....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A trade off would be no no deal and no second ref.

Isn't that the same as 'deal'??? In other words the one thing parliament has already rejected?

Scissors, paper, stone...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was it? I would think that she is quite happy with the voting figures.

You're right....I read some nonense somewhere and failed to identify it as such :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No it wasn’t. Went about exactly as predicted. Should have started discussion with other parties about 2 years ago.

You are right. Similar to her commons majority. I was mislead by flights of fancy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just seen your other post. Who on earth thought there would be 100 odd labour/snp voting with the government?!

Some weirdo apparently.

My excuse was I considered that tories might vote her down in order to force a general election that she would win.

No, that's also ****ing madness, too :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How could anybody predict a winning margin of 150 when her majority is so slender and reliant on the DUP etc.

Yeah, yeah, I answered yoy already. Apologies but I don't do slow motion.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Some weirdo apparently.

My excuse was I considered that tories might vote her down in order to force a general election that she would win.

No, that's also ****ing madness, too :lolol:

In fairness to you the point was made on Sky News by Adam Boulton, tongue in cheek, that had Labour actually voted for or abstained from the Withdrawal Agreement last night, they may have stood a better chance tonight.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And this is the legacy of the conservatives under May and Cameron. If there was any justice, we wouldn't see that crap party again for decades. They have taken a shit on centuries-old parliamentary process by gambling the country's future to resolve an internal squabble, and they didn't even have the decency to organise it properly. Both campaigns based on tissues of lies, no thought on what happened if leave won, no "super" majority requirement, meaning a result that falls well within a margin of error, at least one MP who only supported one side in an attempt to engineer a leadership challenge, and a negotiation from a feeble Prime Minister resulting in an absolutely terrible, un-backable deal.

What an utterly disgraceful, shambolic government.
Very easy to blame the Tories.

But the fact is David Cameron won an election promosing a free vote on whether to leave the EU. He won

The Tories AND Labour fought the next election, both promising to leave the EU.

498 -111 MP's voted to trigger Article 50 to leave the EU on 29th March.

A new law was passed to leave the EU on 29th March.

I think it's very easy to blame just the Tories, but they are not the only ones commited to leave. Yes, I agree she has handled it badly, and the Tories should never have voted a Remain favouring PM. She will likely go down as the worst PM this nation has seen, and following on so soon after Gordon Brown, that's some ****ing achievement!

29th March cannot come around fast enough, so we can just get on with it. We'll be fine!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Very easy to blame the Tories.

But the fact is David Cameron won an election promosing a free vote on whether to leave the EU. He won

The Tories AND Labour fought the next election, both promising to leave the EU.

498 -111 MP's voted to trigger Article 50 to leave the EU on 29th March.

A new law was passed to leave the EU on 29th March.

I think it's very easy to blame just the Tories, but they are not the only ones commited to leave. Yes, I agree she has handled it badly, and the Tories should never have voted a Remain favouring PM. She will likely go down as the worst PM this nation has seen, and following on so soon after Gordon Brown, that's some ****ing achievement!

29th March cannot come around fast enough, so we can just get on with it. We'll be fine!

Er, the Tories have been tearing themselves apart over Europe ever since we joined the EEC. Brexit is directly linked to the Tory paranoia with UKIP and Farage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here