Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed at myself and a little bit the club!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My Dad died and I had to leave before a game to get home , and the steward made a point of telling me no readmission before grudgingly opening the gate

Reminds me of those thick arse jobsworths at Gatwick 5 years ago questioning me why I'd booked my ticket to Atlanta so late. I said "is it illegal then". No was the reply. Still they pressed so I gave them the real reason. "My sister was still alive 2 days ago but she's not now. Happy with yourselves?"

Made a complaint whereby I told them to improve their training. Got a full apology.

As for the OP of this thread, you do sound a bit thick to go in to the stadium and out again without asking. Though how you done that I don't know.

D

Deleted User X18H

I'll tell you a funny story - at that Doncaster game my self and friend (alright person I went with) were about to make our way to our seats from the lounge, when a young lady lounge hostess told us, that if we left now we couldn't come back in.
She either assumed a) the event everyone was so excited about was taking place in, or could be viewed from the lounge, or b) the event we'd waited nearly 15 years for was no longer important to us.
Either way, I imagine she had only listened to a small part of the briefing/training she'd received.
I left it to an exasperated , more senior chap to explain the art of football spectating to her.
Being the 1901 one chap she had relayed this to, did actually stay in the lounge for the first half.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll tell you a funny story - at that Doncaster game my self and friend (alright person I went with) were about to make our way to our seats from the lounge, when a young lady lounge hostess told us, that if we left now we couldn't come back in.
She either assumed a) the event everyone was so excited about was taking place in, or could be viewed from the lounge, or b) the event we'd waited nearly 15 years for was no longer important to us.
Either way, I imagine she had only listened to a small part of the briefing/training she'd received.
I left it to an exasperated , more senior chap to explain the art of football spectating to her.
Being the 1901 one chap she had relayed this to, did actually stay in the lounge for the first half.

Absolutely amazed that they DID let you back in, tbh.

And without a clean punch to the face as well.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round.
This may help your case. Can you provide a screenshot of that text message which will at least confirm that part of the story is true, which would give your story at least a certain level of credibility. I'm sure you didn't delete the text because you would have obviously realised at the time that it may later be needed as evidence.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
By 'very simply' do you actually mean in an unnecessarily prolonged and convoluted fashion?

There shouldn't be any barriers to Justice if it saves an innocent man from being condemned especially given the gravity of the alleged offence.

D

Deleted User X18H

Screen shots , CCTV, security breaches ! Really? Vulnerability of others ? This could end in tears.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

So, are you going to tell us the funny story or not? ???

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
This may help your case. Can you provide a screenshot of that text message which will at least confirm that part of the story is true, which would give your story at least a certain level of credibility. I'm sure you didn't delete the text because you would have obviously realised at the time that it may later be needed as evidence.

As I'm relatively normal it didn't cross my mind that I would be vilefied for such a mundane story and ordinarily I would not feel the need to confirm or evidence my story. If people don't believe it fine I can live with that. However, I actually quite enjoyed the ride. So without wanting to come across as attention seeking and needy (yes I know what's coming). I will, heaven knows why figure out how to post a screen shot.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
IMG_0104.PNG

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I find the ''no re-admission'' policy quite archaic.

They had it at Millwall initially but relaxed it because people were smoking dope in the toilets during half time and it absolutely stank and with kids going into the toilets it really wasn't appropriate. I have no issue with anyone who wants to indulge in class AB or C drugs - That's their perogative but not around kids.

Millwall addressed this by creating a smoking area which is stewarded for people to go out and smoke and then come back in. I think there are a few other clubs who have done the same.

There are many clubs that I have been to where the clubs accommodate the smoking fans by having a fenced off area for a half time puff. In this regard, we are well behind the times. Without thinking about it too hard, Reading, MK Dons & Wolves are three that spring to mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think if it had been doctored he would have at least got rid of the kisses to his mate before posting. I think this opens up a whole new line of questioning.

Right , so we can pretty much confirm he doctored the text. Im not sure what the op is trying to achieve but he's one step ahead of us at every turn. I knew I should have stuck with my masters degree. He's just too damn clever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here