Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dry eyed through 43 games this season, even on the pitch at the Wigan game, but today did it for me. The streets packed with kids in the colours, the fantastic buildup on the screens and coverage of our journey, the staggeringly good turnout........

What a day to remember.

Well said.

It really was brilliant. IMO those who didn't go missed out......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dry eyed through 43 games this season, even on the pitch at the Wigan game, but today did it for me. The streets packed with kids in the colours, the fantastic buildup on the screens and coverage of our journey, the staggeringly good turnout that was no doubt negatively affected by us finishing 2nd (makes me wonder what it might have been like with the title in our grasp).

What a day to remember.

The objective at the start of the season was always promotion, not to win the league, ok we should have but I don't think us failing to win the league affected the attendance in anyway at all as people had come to their senses by yesterday at the massive scale of our achievement. The attendance of over 60 000 far exceeded even the most optimistic of expectations. A day with wind and rain would have had a far worse effect. Luckily the football Gods were smiling down on us. What a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Indeed. Their mindset would have us remain small time forever, it's amazing to see the community come together and embrace the Albion, whether they have ever been to a game or not.

Completely wrong.
A small time mindset is when you are happy with a certain level. When you coast and underperform and just do enough to get by. Nothing more. When you don't see any benefit in trying to do better. When you lack confidence in yourself and the future. Not dissimilar to many on here predicting mid-table mediocrity this season, despite the evidence of 2015-16, Anyone with a modicum of footballing nous would have realised that we had a good solid base in place and would have another good season. I backed my judgement and backed the Albion to go up.
Just because myself and others are still smarting over not winning the title, it doesn't make us ' small-time ', just the opposite in fact. I want our club to achieve and win things. I still smart over 1983. I will carry it to my grave. It was so close and so was the title this season.
It was great to see the community out in force yesterday but it was a day out, a one-off. Its like any smallish club getting to Wembley and taking 35-40,000. The start of the next season, they are back to 5000 fans again. You hope that some of the excitement rubs off but normally it is forgotten very quickly. We are lucky in that we already have a substantial fanbase in place and are guaranteed 25,000 at our ground. Some other clubs are not so lucky. Forest Green took 3000 to Wembley yesterday and are talking about reaching the Championship!
The parade wasn't for me but it was for many others. It doesn't stop me having a winning mentality and wanting my club to get better and better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thanks for stressing that. Makes the timing an even worse decision!

Glad you all had a good time though.

Sorry [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] - didn't mean it to sound quite like that (having read it back to myself).

I agree a middle of the day affair, would have worked better for a pot of people.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We get SSN here on the ship & it was great to see the scenes back home. Looks like the Bah Humbug brigade missed a treat. So good to see so many kids in the colours.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] - didn't mean it to sound quite like that (having read it back to myself).

I agree a middle of the day affair, would have worked better for a pot of people.

No worries! It's just sour grapes from me having missed it - looked great on Youtube!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Completely wrong.

Depends on folks reasons for not going I guess. My comment was more at those who chose not to attend due to views on JCL's, or the organisation of the event, which ignores the benefit of a supportive community in the clubs growth, even if many don't go to games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[MENTION=21064]Easy10[/MENTION] suppose it was okay! :banana:

:thumbsup:

Just an EPIC afternoon. I confess to shedding a tear or two at one point, as I surveyed the scene and it finally, properly sunk in just how far this club has come. That wasn't just a parade, it was a full-blown party, and anyone who thinks it was unnecessary because we didn't win the League simply doesn't "get" this club.

Genuinely unforgettable, I'll remember yesterday forever.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Just an EPIC afternoon. I confess to shedding a tear or two at one point, as I surveyed the scene and it finally, properly sunk in just how far this club has come. That wasn't just a parade, it was a full-blown party, and anyone who thinks it was unnecessary because we didn't win the League simply doesn't "get" this club.

Yeah, very true. It wasn't altogether very Brighton though was it. There were more than enough toilets available, space in front of screens, plenty of drinking water available, no queues, great views, buses arrived pretty much on schedule. I mean come on, do the club not now 'get' this club!? What about a bit of shambles somewhere, it's like the club actually know how to organise stuff now. tut tut.

*as an aside, we couldn't have 8 or so of those urinal things discreetly outside the stadium somewhere next season please!!??

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

Totally agree with you. I took my wife and step daughter, who do not like football, but they loved the day. It does not matter if we did not win the championship, its about our wonderful football clubs struggle to get to where we are now. If you saw a photo a Palace mate sent me of 3 Palace players sitting outside a Pub, with black hooded chavs with a comments of 'Players and Fans together' and compare that to us yesterday. I will proudly say we have the best club in the country, but if some people chose not to come as we did not win the league, then your decision, but would respectfully suggest that you may consider changing the team you support, as you clearly do not get it. Great that the majority do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Nailed it, totally.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Wonder how much yesterday cost the club?

Worth every penny but must have cost a fortune.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Spot on, those moaning it would be sanitised or overly officious were largely way off beam. Plenty of space to drink , eat, celebrate and party with tens of thousands of like mindes individuals

The music was a bit like a wedding set but worked well for those there i thought. Luckily no hi ho silver lining was played 😀

It wasnt sanitised or sterile. It was professional

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A fabulous day and boy am I paying for it today!

Glorious sunshine and a joyous celebration. Blue and White everywhere you went yesterday, a simply wonderful occasion.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
My Nan passed away yesterday morning aged 95, I always planed to go with my boys and the Mrs but really didn't want to leading up to it all starting, we were all upset but pulled ourselves together and went, I cheered, cried and felt guilty for going. But thank you so much TB, the players the Albion and all the fans for what turned out to be a day I will never forget UTA and RIP Nan xx

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yeah, very true. It wasn't altogether very Brighton though was it. There were more than enough toilets available, space in front of screens, plenty of drinking water available, no queues, great views, buses arrived pretty much on schedule. I mean come on, do the club not now 'get' this club!? What about a bit of shambles somewhere, it's like the club actually know how to organise stuff now. tut tut.

*as an aside, we couldn't have 8 or so of those urinal things discreetly outside the stadium somewhere next season please!!??

You forgot to add, Barber Out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here