Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who annoyed you most today

pluginbaby

Aug 15, 2014
It's not an assumption, I understand the laws of time dictate that the resulting play following the 'goal' would have been different.

What cannot be disputed is that justice was done via a majestically powerful header.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I would have to say the linesman, or the result would have been correct (y'know, 2-3).

So their actual equaliser which was the corner which came from the chance that should have counted as a goal would also have gone in despite the fact the corner never would have happened?

If Barton had been sent off as he should have been you would not have had that free kick from which the corner came from, so the result should have been 2-1

Jog on

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
It's not an assumption, I understand the laws of time dictate that the resulting play following the 'goal' would have been different.

What cannot be disputed is that justice was done via a majestically powerful header.

>justice

Yeah, justice in the form of a thug assaulting the best player on the pitch on more than one occasion and getting away with it. True justice.

Good luck in the premiership next season playing that sort of trash football though, mate. You'll do fine

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Or more like a desperate badly defended corner. Justice would have been done if that wan*stain Barton had got what
he deserved.

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
Burnley equaliser should not have stood as Keane blatantly shoved Goldson in the face just before he scored. Officials asleep again.

pluginbaby

Aug 15, 2014
Barton, who knows what he was thinking? He is a reformed man you know, he Tweets it and everything!

I will say, following the 'challenge' your midfielder went into his shell (Kayal, who had been fantastic) and we finally got some pressure on your back four after 75 preceding minutes of moribund shitness.

After the most blatant disallowed goal I have seen since Lampard against Germany I cannot accept that we didn't deserve a point (purely on that basis). You were of course far the better team for 3/4's of the game.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The best way to win a game when you are on top, is go for a third to put the game to bed.

Take all forwards off the pitch for the last 10 minutes, says we will try to hang on and you can try and score.

Despite this, every cross, corner seemed to be close to a goal every time.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Barton, who knows what he was thinking? He is a reformed man you know, he Tweets it and everything!

I will say, following the 'challenge' your midfielder went into his shell (Kayal, who had been fantastic) and we finally got some pressure on your back four after 75 preceding minutes of moribund shitness.

After the most blatant disallowed goal I have seen since Lampard against Germany I cannot accept that we didn't deserve a point (purely on that basis). You were of course far the better team for 3/4's of the game.

So Barton assaulting our player illegally, getting away scot free and giving you a huge advantage is fair, but a clear goal being disallowed, despite the fact it wouldn't have happened had the CORRECT thing happened and Barton been off the pitch, is totally unfair?

You did not deserve a point, yet you got one. Congrats, hope you enjoyed being made to look average

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Thought Joey Barton refereed the game well, always moaning in his assistant's (Pawson) ear.Deliberate stamp and elbow from where I was and also thought Goldson was impeded for their equaliser. Sidwell waste of space, should have bough Kaz on to give their defence something to think about and as for Wilson, ..........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ward and the 2nd player ,not sure who it was possibly Vokes, for stopping Stockdale coming off of his line and the officials for not seeing it as it happened on every set piece pumped into our box.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

What's your take on your 'top' man indisputably being an utter coward yet again & deliberately stamping on the player that had dominated him until then? Justice being done would've seen him off the pitch then & later, wouldn't it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I've no grumbles with Barton, he knew what he was doing, Pawson chose to ignore it.

Similarly with the result. We are poor at defending corners, you've got a bunch of six footers, it's up to us to not give you a series of soft corners, we failed in that.

Far more angry with local journo/hack Andy Naylor for being Barton's cheerleader on Twitter. If he wants to support Stoke yet be paid to watch the Albion is one thing. To claim that Barton had nowhere else to put his foot other than through Kayal's knee is shabby.

Naylor also smugly claiming that 'justice was done' with the equaliser. Smug CJTC'ness of the HIGHEST order.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have to say the linesman, or the result would have been correct (y'know, 2-3).

You seem to have nit seen the two Burnley players stopping Stockdale coming off his line ag every corner. A fact pointed out by Stockdale to the ref very early on. A team of cheats encouraged by a manager who as a player was a similar cheat.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Stamping on a man on the ground's not brawling - brawling's face to face. Barton's a coward, who didn't have the bottle to stand up to the guy who was dominating him

Exactly.
Barton is a child trapped in a grown man's body. He strikes me as a quite pathetic and delusional human being. The likes of Pawson weakly indulging him is arguably even more pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here