Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Croydon cat killer suspected of killing 450!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think you're all missing the point here. Commander Amanda Pearson has, at the flash of a pen, cleared up over 400 cases. That must make her Police Person of the year with the best clear-up rate in the country. I fear a Damehood coming on.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
One of our cats has taken on a red setter and a doberman and seen them both off. He could duff up a fox with one paw tied behind his back.
It's funny how a cat can turn from a big, soft sleeping and eating machine (that puts up with children picking him up and generally treating him like a toy) into an absolute UFC monster when faced with another cat or a dog.

We have the softest cat in the world, he'll certainly never trouble any birds, he just stares at them and waves the odd paw.

But if a cat or dog steps on what he sees as his territory, he goes into beast mode. I'm sure he'd do the same with a fox and it would **** off sharpish or get hurt.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I personally find it amazing how 1 person has been able to commit around 450 grizzly crimes and not one witness has stepped forward, now that is stealthy, should be in the SAS.

I have witnessed a cat facing down a fox in broad daylight, fox thought better of it and fled.

From various trips to the very wonderful British Wildlife Centre (fascinating place) I recall that foxes generally like to prey on things smaller than them or preferably already dead.

They do have a very handsome fox there which likes to pose in its enclosure for the public to admire and photograph. They had one there once that had been nursed back to health by another centre. It was released back into the wild but was found the following day waiting at their gate to be re-admitted, presumably having found the predator lifestyle over rated.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's funny how a cat can turn from a big, soft sleeping and eating machine (that puts up with children picking him up and generally treating him like a toy) into an absolute UFC monster when faced with another cat or a dog.

We have the softest cat in the world, he'll certainly never trouble any birds, he just stares at them and waves the odd paw.

But if a cat or dog steps on what he sees as his territory, he goes into beast mode. I'm sure he'd do the same with a fox and it would **** off sharpish or get hurt.

The report says that cats would’ve been scavenged rather than killed by foxes. Also, London’s foxes do not flinch, they are actually quite scary.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The death of beloved family pets certainly isn’t funny, but an infamous cat serial killer that avoided detection for years turning out to be roadkill & foxes ... that is hilarious. We truly live in the world of The Day Today right now.

ted maul.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love the way pople dismiss the fox story without actually reading it. It was reported among other things that a surgeon who previously declared 'surgical incisions' now says, 'er there are animal bite marks. Missed those. Oops'. And there is cctv of a cat carcass being dumped by a fox.

But, hey, the (real) truth is (still) out there, innit?

fox.jpeg

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I love the way pople dismiss the fox story without actually reading it. It was reported among other things that a surgeon who previously declared 'surgical incisions' now says, 'er there are animal bite marks. Missed those. Oops'. And there is cctv of a cat carcass being dumped by a fox.

View attachment 100717

Well until someone comes up with CCTV footage of a fox cleanly removing a cat's head and tail and neatly arranging them on the front doorstep of house, which is what happened in my friend's case, then I'll continue to believe that there's a sicko or group of sickos out there. Also, how come this is the only area in the country with this scale of cat mutilations? Are there no cats and foxes in North, West or East London? How about Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

So, absolutely no chance that a fox has happened upon a mutilated cat, because they aren't scavengers or anything. Foxes actually, generally keep out of a cats way as do many dogs for fear of their claws. A dead one however, is a sitting duck so to speak.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yeah its all a bit Jack the Ripper conspiracy cover up isnt it..........mark my words
Perhaps its a member of the Royal Family

View attachment 100719

Lovely picture of Tubby Humper! I still think it's Chinese restaurants,or KFC when they ran out of chicken!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Until I see a sworn statement by the fox I’m sticking with my Prince Harry theory.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I read the article online.... unbelievable poor article with author trying to sensationalise a non-story maybe to win some votes for fox hunting from cat lovers.

The 'culprit' has been found for the killing and decaptation of cats.
Picture of fox showing its teeth
pictures of cute cats
500 dead but only 5-10 examined and 5 of those were clearly badly reviewed by vet
Comment- nothing to do with humans even though in same article it mentions road kill so who was driving the car
As said a story which can only be described as to put foxes in a bad light ( i know they can do annoying things bu they are after all an animal)

The estimates put it at 10 million cats in UK (not 50 million) of which the estimate is 250k are killed on the roads each year and in most cases the drivers don't stop.
Foxes are becoming more integrated in society that's why they are increasing seen more in daylight and they all don't run away. the fact they are less scared does not mean they more aggressive.

Personal experience is that most animals will get on , I see cats and foxes outside my house and they tolerate each other. I have also seen cats chase foxes , NEVER the latter.

To balance this up I wouldn't be surprised if a fox killed a weak cat or a kitten but I would think the circumstances would be very rare.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Another vote that my cat would happily tear a fox apart if it had the temerity to enter its territory. There is no chance that these crimes were committed by foxes, someone is either getting away with it - or the police are playing the press and are actually hoping to catch out the culprit.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I reckon it's spin put out there by Jacob Rees Mogg to bring about public anger towards foxes so that he can get overwhelming support to bring Fox Hunting back when he becomes PM.

Tally-ho!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here