Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third test: England v India at Southampton, Jul 27-31

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Extraordinary innings from Ballance, the little Zimbabwean looks a class act. Bell starting to find some form too, a magnificent morning for us.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Another one for DRS, although it's 1-1 in this match with Bell's LBW, which potentially would have been a worse time to lose a wicket.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Although this England side are quite capable of ****ing things up from here, they do seem to be in a relatively healthy position.

Lack of DRS remains utterly ridiculous though, but umpires should be better too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Superb stuff from Ballance and Bell. Warm and sunny at the Ageas Bowl, bit of a surprise after leaving Mid Sussex in a raging thunderstorm/monsoon at 8am.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ian Bell passes Len Hutton on the all-time test run scorers list.... 6972 :clap2:

Now 11th, just 65 behind Andrew Strauss.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Great to see Bell back in top form.
2. Boy, the Indians are missing Ishant Sharma!
3. Not selecting Ashwin for this test is coming back to haunt them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
No idea why, as I've no great regard for Surrey, but for some reason, I always used to like watching Stewart bat. Those two hundreds in the Barbados Test match were brilliant. Must have been, what, early to mid 1990s?

Yes, that sounds right. I always remember him managing to bat for just over an hour on the "corrugated tin roof" pitch in Jamaica in the late 90's until the match was abandoned. He must have been hit by the ball at least 5 times and managed to score 9 not out. They were just talking about it on Sky. I always thought that when he started his England career he only got in the team because of his Dad, but he proved to be one of England's better players.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Root gone... for only 3 runs... nicks an attacking shot off Kumar to Dhoni.

Disappointing for him not to cash in on a good one.

378-4 (127.2 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Very good catch by Rahane at 2nd slip off a toe-ended pull from Moeen Ali... 420-5

Here come Jos Buttler on debut...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here