Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hi darkwolf, I am a Tory voter who voted Remain.
I accept the result of the referendum and I think it is ludicrous and quite undemocratic to try and overturn the result.
I shall be voting Tory and given that the 'leaders' of the LibDems and Labour are, quite frankly, very poor, I reckon a substantial number of people who are not considered natural Tories will also vote for the Conservatives, regardless of Brexit.

What a refresh ing sensible post.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At the expense of the NHS, Police Force and Education etc etc etc!

A fairly predictable response.....but the answer is still yes.

Have you ever voted for a political party because you agree with all of their policies? I very much doubt it - we vote for the party which supports most of the policies we would like to see implemented, or those that are most important.

Once we are safely disentangled from the EU, I fully expect to go back to voting Labour (although I do hope they will have got their house in order by then!)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The challenges that face all those and more, have existed long before Brexit process started, and of course did long before the Conservatives came back into govt.... so I am unsure what your point is.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Education, education, education, I remember the Labour statement in their 13 years in power. Just got large companies to build and refurbish schools and then rent them back at extortionate rates over 30 years.
Left the country in massive debt after doing the same with hospitals. In other words borrow up to the max.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
f479f88d093c95b1fd74d323acd99a09.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It seems that post Brexit the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) is attempting to rebrand itself as the United Kingdom Islamophobic Party (UKIP). I guess that keeping the ‘I’ will save money on branding logos etc. now Mr Money bags has left.

I expect there are a few on here who will lap this stuff up, this surely can’t be a good thing though?

I think the United Kingdom Irrelevant Party is probably more apt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you can trot out tired old memes like this, fact is that 11million people voted Tory in the last election, and about 8-10m in the previous few. most of those millions of people are neither "rich", nor "dont care about other people", and don't recognise the left's caricature of Conservative voters. this is is why the current polling shows Labour so far behind, because more people are connecting with the message from May than the message from Corbyn.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Oh dear, Mr Banana, surely you can do better than this.
By the way, what is your definition of rich and which party are you going to vote for?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

It's even simpler, you can probably remove the 'Are you rich?', it all comes down to whether you care about the less fortunate. Got bollocked at work in my younger days for the statement that if you vote tory you're either selfish, or stupid, still stands true today though.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's even simpler, you can probably remove the 'Are you rich?', it all comes down to whether you care about the less fortunate. Got bollocked at work in my younger days for the statement that if you vote tory you're either selfish, or stupid, still stands true today though.

Jeeeeez, are you telling me you are no longer young, yet you still wrote that drivel ........

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When do manifestos usually get published?

Perhaps this is unfashionable but I'll probably decide based on party policies.....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Jeeeeez, are you telling me you are no longer young, yet you still wrote that drivel ........

It's true though isn't it, if you vote for the Tories out of self interest, I respect that. That's why we have shy tories though isn't it, because they are embarrassed about their self interested position. Then you have Tories who think that society as a whole is better off under them (I really don't they're are many of those), they're the stupid ones.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It seems that post Brexit the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) is attempting to rebrand itself as the United Kingdom Islamophobic Party (UKIP). I guess that keeping the ‘I’ will save money on branding logos etc. now Mr Money bags has left.

I expect there are a few on here who will lap this stuff up, this surely can’t be a good thing though?

It's something of an irony that when UKIP advocate a policy that is already in force in Bulgaria, Belgium and France, parts of Italy and Switzerland and also advocated by the current leader of Germany, that they would be subject to derision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14261921

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/01/france-burqa-ban-upheld-human-rights-court

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ugee-crisis-elections-term-vote-a7458536.html

For once I would have thought those who advocate European unity would congratulate UKIP for falling in with other European countries policies.

If it's good enough for them why is not suitable for the UK...........am I missing something?

A MUSLIM group in Oxford has backed controversial proposals from UKIP to ban full face veils in public.
Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford director Dr Taj Hargey stressed his organisation did not endorse the party's 'right-wing agenda' but supported the 'sensible proposal' to ban the burka and niqab.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here