Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86 Points will be enough

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Notts and Birmingham are both so far off the boil there's icebergs in the kettle ... but they both have a relegation battle to negotiate.
I actually thought Birmingham were not that bad on Tuesday - compared to sides like Derby and Reading, they attacked with a bit of intent and if the Gardner FK had been a couple of inches lower, then it might have been a very different game. Their defence is a bit disorganised and they lacked end product and were reduced to taking pot shots but I don't think they will be an easy three for Hudds at all if they still are in danger.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It's all fascinating and stress inducing innit!? And the players say we should be loving it! LOL! It's alright for them - they can physically do something about it!

It really is each game at a time, but I'm trying to keep it simple as I can..

We have 6 games to play:
4 wins out of 6 will guarantee it absolutely
3 wins will guarantee it if Hudds lose just 1 (ONE) game
2 wins will guarantee it if Hudds lose 2 games, and Reading lose 1

I'd like to think we will win at least 2 of our last 6, so I'm not drifting any further away form the above options at the moment.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Be cautious, by all means, but let us not forget that we are one point behind the leaders, with six to play, and effectively ten points ahead of third.

It is much more likely that we will finish above Newcastle than below Huddersfield.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
My take on it is, Newcastle are probably an easier target for Huddersfield to aim for due to their run in which on paper is far harder than ours i.e. Three play off hopefuls out of their next four fixtures and three teams neither threatened by relegation or promotion.
Whereas our remaining games include two relegation threatened and four with little to play for.
Huddersfield have three playoff chasing teams out of four of their next four fixtures also, one relegation threatened side and three with little to play for.
I think the results between Newcastle and Huddersfield against their respective playoff opponents will give us the chance to move ahead of both these sides and hopefully on to clinch the top spot.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Not sure Derby are still 'out of form'. Good new man in charge, did a job on Fulham, and scoring too.

Derby haven't lost their last three matches, and their only defeat in 6 matches was to us. Rowett has got them playing well.

Yeah, I was looking at last 10 matches with that (and across that 10, Derby's form is poor even with the last 3). Last three, though, they look to be coming out of the slump.

Notts and Birmingham though ... both with just 6 points from their last 10. As well as they may or may not be playing, they're simply not getting points on the board. But (as I noted) they'll both be desperate for points, because I reckon one of those two will join Rotheram and Wigan in the bottom 3.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My take on it is, Newcastle are probably an easier target for Huddersfield to aim for due to their run in which on paper is far harder than ours i.e. Three play off hopefuls out of their next four fixtures and three teams neither threatened by relegation or promotion.
Whereas our remaining games include two relegation threatened and four with little to play for.
Huddersfield have three playoff chasing teams out of four of their next four fixtures also, one relegation threatened side and three with little to play for.
I think the results between Newcastle and Huddersfield against their respective playoff opponents will give us the chance to move ahead of both these sides and hopefully on to clinch the top spot.

Rafa is nothing if he is not lucky. With the luck he has got (especially with referees) I expect the Toon to win all their games and there is nothing we can do about it. Short of sending Get Well cards to Will Buckley and hope Bridcutt scores his one a season goal at St. James Park, Toonland.

With the form Huddersfield are playing I expect them to win all our games as well. Danny Ward seems our best hope there.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yeah, I was looking at last 10 matches with that (and across that 10, Derby's form is poor even with the last 3). Last three, though, they look to be coming out of the slump.

That's because they now have Rowett as manager.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
With the form Huddersfield are playing I expect them to win all our games as well. Danny Ward seems our best hope there.

on the basis of form well er, Huddersfield have 7 games left and In their last 7 games they secured 10 points (playing a similar basket of teams to their next 7) - so if their form continues as per then we need just 1 more point. (putting aside Reading and Newcastle of course)

PS: If you stretch form over 10 games or 15 games even it looks a bit better for them but this is form, not the entire season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Forget what other teams have to do and concentrate on us, I'd rather be where we are than the teams below us and to be honest if we don't go up from here we don't deserve too.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Haven't people seen Wagner's comments to the Huddersfield win against Norwich. He is talking about it being a big step towards the playoffs and what an achievement that would be for the club. No mention of automatic promotion.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We haven't won at Loftus Road since 1957.

Sounds like now is as good as time as any then,will it be a Sheffield or Preston type result we wonder.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Haven't people seen Wagner's comments to the Huddersfield win against Norwich. He is talking about it being a big step towards the playoffs and what an achievement that would be for the club. No mention of automatic promotion.

Wagner is just keeping the pressure off his team and playing the underdog. He's not stupid

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Trying to fly under the radar,maybe,problem is for them,we have a radar lock and we have a firing solution-4 wins.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think 86 will be enough as Huddersfield have 7 games left so you would expect them to win more than 4 of those. and exceed 86 points having 74 already

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I had QPR and Norwich down as defeats and had Blackburn as a draw....so it's mostly about the two home games and a point or two away.
Still think 85 will do it :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here