Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocky on talksport tomorrow

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unfortunately this is a common myth amongst other teams supporters and it seems broadcasters are now coming out with it.

It's like other myths, keep repeating it often enough and it becomes a 'fact'. I've seen quite a few references to us breaking FFP, because of the headline Brighton had £25M debt. Other people see the headline and don't bother with the detail, because it suits their prejudices.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Listening to that... noticed that the presenter said 'Brighton faded towards the back end of the season'... i wouldn't say win 5-0, 4-0 etc fading, it was Christmas that ruined it for us.

Only 22 points from the last 10 games. (Playing 3 teams within the top 6 as well). :moo:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Used to enjoy TalkSport but Durham (and Goldstein) are so blatant about winding folks up in order to get them to call in on the whatever rate phone line.

Is he all that?

In fairness I tend to listen to the Sporta Bar on the way home from work because it's on at 5pm at my time and they call you back so you don't pay those rates. Not sure on Durham and co. and the wind up merchant stuff but the phone line charges don't seem to be a big thing. I think idiots on the radio is just good entertainment (see Arsenal TV).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
In fairness I tend to listen to the Sporta Bar on the way home from work because it's on at 5pm at my time and they call you back so you don't pay those rates. Not sure on Durham and co. and the wind up merchant stuff but the phone line charges don't seem to be a big thing. I think idiots on the radio is just good entertainment (see Arsenal TV).

I would listen to it if Cundy wasn't on it...What a complete pillock he is... They all want callers.. Keep you on hold for ages too. They don't call people back, I know someone that called the sportsbar and was on hold for ages!

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I would listen to it if Cundy wasn't on it...What a complete pillock he is... They all want callers.. Keep you on hold for ages too. They don't call people back, I know someone that called the sportsbar and was on hold for ages!

Rumour has it, they are still on hold now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I found the exchange I got blocked for (I'd emailed it to a mate), turns out it wasn't for the Drogba thing, although maybe that didn't help.

Anyway, Durham had tweeted about the sending off of a Posh player being “the worst decision I’ve seen in 40 years of watching football, ref is a disgrace”. I thought nothing more of it other than being slightly curious to see the incident. I forgot about it, but then I saw someone tweet him this afternoon having actually seen the incident. Here's the following Twitter exchange…

@Harvs
@talkSPORTDrive Was expecting the sending off to be far more contentious after your tweet – looked a fair shout by the ref.

talkSPORTDrive
Harvs Look at our mans left leg, proof it’s not reckless/dangerous. It’s a foul and yellow, but never a red

Harvs – But the “worst decision you have seen in 40 years” ? See far worse in most games! Are Posh appealing it ?

EasyTen – He’s Daily Mail Harvs. There is NO middle ground. Everything is either HORRIFIC or FANTASTIC

TalkSport – Shhh silly, we’re talking football, you’re talking nonsense, now go elsewhere

EasyTen – A red that could have been a yellow is “the worst decision in 40 years” and I’M talking nonsense ?? Mmmkay

*blocked*

Given that Durham is a weapons-grade WUM, he seems to be a bit of a sensitive prick as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Listening to that... noticed that the presenter said 'Brighton faded towards the back end of the season'
:facepalm:

That's why I don't listen to that shit.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Fair, I've never called in so wouldn't know.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Only 22 points from the last 10 games. (Playing 3 teams within the top 6 as well). :moo:

It was 24 points from the last 10 games (7 wins and 3 draws) - averaging 2.4 points per game.

But - playing devil's advocate - as we drew our last two matches, averaging therefore only 1 point per game, you could argue that we did indeed fade towards the (very) back end of the season.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Micky Quinn has to be the most annoying to me.

Every week, his predictions are Liverpool will win every game, Man Utd will either lose or get a draw at home to Burnley, and of course Newcastle will win the championship, as Brighton will fade as they did last season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was 24 points from the last 10 games (7 wins and 3 draws) - averaging 2.4 points per game.
Indeed.

But - playing devil's advocate - as we drew our last two matches, averaging therefore only 1 point per game, you could argue that we did indeed fade towards the (very) back end of the season.
You really couldn't. Even if we went with the ridiculous idea that the back end of the season was just 2 games, then we still didn't fade - when something fades it reduces gradually. With your devils advocate example, our points went instantly from 3 per game to 1 per game.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Every week, his predictions are Liverpool will win every game, Man Utd will either lose or get a draw at home to Burnley, and of course Newcastle will win the championship, as Brighton will fade as they did last season.

You listened to Brazil this morning didn't you.
F*****g annoying scouse **** that Quinn is, so bias, and as thick as whales snot.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So what did knocks have to say?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[tweet]847379822149902336[/tweet]
c996f2dab7241f60e6a4f4c6276076ee.jpg
this is all I get when I click on those links

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011

Always up for a bit of fatty Quinn bashing. How this guy is still in a job I'll never know. Clueless, obvious and irritating. Jason Cundy is also about as entertaining as listening to paint dry. He comes on I turn off

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Durham said on Tuesday that Knockaert shouldn't be anywhere near the top three players in the championship.
Assuming he's going to kiss his arse now though

That isn't an accurate quote. His issue was with the people that select the Players of the season and more importantly the fact that it was three attacking players. Generally, attacking players are given more credit that more defensively minded players. In that, his criticism was correct.

Personally I think Knocky gives so much more than being an out and out flair player. He's a terrier who works damn hard and gets stuck in everywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here