Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JD Wetherspoon.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You think THAT is posh?

The 'spoons in Exeter (University) has an ORANGERY.

A university with a Spoons in :) now that's a great idea.
I went to one in Portsmouth that was near the university and it was packed on a weekday early evening.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A university with a Spoons in :) now that's a great idea.
I went to one in Portsmouth that was near the university and it was packed on a weekday early evening.

As well as the aforementioned orangery, it has a much more aesthetically pleasing clientele than your average spoons...

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
What's it like inside?
I've walked past a few times but not been in, I like the V Shed on the waterfront.

only been there once, it was busy, I actually thought it was some sort of club, not a pub

Don't you mean M Shed? Bristol is a great place, going back in December

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
you do mean V Shed, never been there, been to the M Shed and I like the Gothie pub in the sort of Lanes area, great music and screens

Yes there are a few bars at the city centre end of the harbour, M Shed is the museum.
image.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of my favourite Spoons is the Crosse Keys in Gracechurch St. The building - another old banking hall - really is magnificent and many of the original features have been retained. Interestingly the site was a Coaching Inn before the bank was built, so I guess what goes around comes around.........

Being Spoons, it's very cheap for City of London too.

6088b6efb27b709676f2625bce8470e5.jpg
4010308834cf31ce81c731ebeebec70b.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
think the M Shed is more than just a museum. do you know the louisiana?

Not been to the Louisiana.

You are correct about M Shed, it has studios for hire and a function suite, just been reading about it.
I have been there but only to the museum, I thought it was really interesting.

I'm looking forward to another visit for our away match, staying down there for the weekend.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Quite amusing how many run Spoons down, i suppose some of it has to do with the owners political view, but he has brought some fine listed establishments which if the business goes down will stand him in good stead for selling.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wetherspoons - Poor staff, Poor food , Poor customers

Sad places, I'd rather have a pint less and go somewhere nice with some atmosphere. Their food is just brought in slop, you'd be better to have your ready meal before you leave the house

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wetherspoons - Poor staff, Poor food , Poor customers

The domestic violence helpline poster by the door of the George Street 'spoon was a little off putting.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Not been to the Louisiana.

You are correct about M Shed, it has studios for hire and a function suite, just been reading about it.
I have been there but only to the museum, I thought it was really interesting.

I'm looking forward to another visit for our away match, staying down there for the weekend.

My friends are going, but not staying. Last time I went to The Orchard Inn, near Nova Scotia, really good beer and friendly locals
Wish I was going, but it clashes with something else unfortunately

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Wetherspoon's in Tunbridge Wells,The Opera House, is one of the most aesthetically appealing pubs you could find. The clientele is far from Yuppie though, to put it politely.
You are putting it very politely. The clientele in that grief hole are like extras from The Walking Dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here