Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian airline crash

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Dont be a prick. No one wants a ****ing war.

Yes, I know nobody wants a war. People just talk from behind a keyboard like they do. That was my point.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I asked you the question, you think sanctions are not enough but have stopped short of force so help me....what are you suggesting the world should do?

Divert passenger air corridors for now,let's just say Ukraine is historically a Eastern state county,more akin to Russia than anything Europe has to offer,i suspect it's a slight fear for Russia,feeling that Ukraine is perhaps becoming too westernised and right on it's doorstep...

Nothing can or will be done,other than to utter words..

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Divert passenger air corridors for now,let's just say Ukraine is historically a Eastern state county,more akin to Russia than anything Europe has to offer,i suspect it's a slight fear for Russia,feeling that Ukraine is perhaps becoming too westernised and right on it's doorstep...

Nothing can or will be done,other than to utter words..

Planes should never have been anywhere near where SAM's are being used, the US had diverted all carriers months ago but others still used the short cut, wrong decision.
I think sanctions are working, they are hurting Russia and Putin but [MENTION=17584]Hyperion[/MENTION] seems to suggest they are not enough but fails to explain what he does think will be enough

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Do you not understand?

It does not have to be those two choices alone.

It's about politics. Show Putin we are not putting up with his bullying and hopefully he backs down.

If he don't, then **** him. Russia does not run the show around here.

If you want to be a bloody coward, then go for it.

I think you are too sucked in to the silly old WW3 paranoia

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Do you not understand?

It does not have to be those two choices alone.

It's about politics. Show Putin we are not putting up with his bullying and hopefully he backs down.

If he don't, then **** him. Russia does not run the show around here.

If you want to be a bloody coward, then go for it.

I think you are too sucked in to the silly old WW3 paranoia

Sooooo, what are you suggesting we do when he does not back down, in your world what does **** him actually mean?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Christ you are just not getting it.

Yes. If he does not back down. Then yes. Call HIS bluff. He can't afford a war of that scale.

What is YOUR suggestion then clever bollox?

Let him steamroller democracy and let his forces rip into Europe?

I would rather die with pride than let that c**t have his way

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Christ you are just not getting it.

Yes. If he does not back down. Then yes. Call HIS bluff. He can't afford a war of that scale.

What is YOUR suggestion then clever bollox?

Let him steamroller democracy and let his forces rip into Europe?

I would rather die with pride than let that c**t have his way

So you are suggesting force, a war he cannot afford to have? You are threatening a warmonger (your word) with a war? Is that right?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Sooooo, what are you suggesting we do when he does not back down, in your world what does **** him actually mean?

I am digging my heals in now.

You have no idea.

YOU give ME your solution then. Little keyboard boy.

First hand dealings versus You Tube slacker.

Come on, give it to me.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I am digging my heals in now.

You have no idea.

YOU give ME your solution then. Little keyboard boy.

First hand dealings versus You Tube slacker.

Come on, give it to me.

Calm down, a war with Russia is impossible, this is a terrible accident we need to find out who did it and hopefully bring them to justice but up until now any recent conflicts Russia have had have been with their own former republics, you really think it's time to restart a cold war or a hot war because of that?
298 people are dead and you want to pay tribute to them by starting a war that could kill who knows how many?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Rhetoric.

You don't understand the difference between war monger and defence of freedom.

So at that, I shall let you believe whatever you want.

Hitler relied on fear and sheer force by numbers.

In the end, Europe, and the Americans decided enough was enough.

Putin is in that mould.

Feel free to be a conscientious objector to war. People like you and all the other liberal wet wipes were hated by people in WW2.

It's people like you that are a bigger danger to peace than me.

We spent years being Mr nice guy of Europe and now we are being invaded by the EU policies and look where that has got us.

We are in the mire and nobody wants to admit it.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Rhetoric.

You don't understand the difference between war monger and defence of freedom.

So at that, I shall let you believe whatever you want.

Hitler relied on fear and sheer force by numbers.

In the end, Europe, and the Americans decided enough was enough.

Putin is in that mould.

Feel free to be a conscientious objector to war. People like you and all the other liberal wet wipes were hated by people in WW2.

It's people like you that are a bigger danger to peace than me.

We spent years being Mr nice guy of Europe and now we are being invaded by the EU policies and look where that has got us.

We are in the mire and nobody wants to admit it.

Please check out my other posts, I am not a conscientious objector, far from it. But I am not going to start talking about war the day after a terrible ACCIDENT, where the investigators have not even reached the scene yet.
The way to deal with Putin is the same way we dealt with Stalin and those after him, by using a balanced and measured approach.
If you had been Kennedy in 1962 and had been told that Russian weapons were in Cuba and hours away from being ready for use how would you have proceeded to get them removed?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Please check out my other posts, I am not a conscientious objector, far from it. But I am not going to start talking about war the day after a terrible ACCIDENT, where the investigators have not even reached the scene yet.
The way to deal with Putin is the same way we dealt with Stalin and those after him, by using a balanced and measured approach.
If you had been Kennedy in 1962 and had been told that Russian weapons were in Cuba and hours away from being ready for use how would you have proceeded to get them removed?

Christ you have been using google too much.

Accident? Wtf are you talking about. It was not an accident was it?

A civilian plane being shot down in agreed internationally clear air space is not an accident is it?

I do not think you know what the hell you are talking about.

Go away. Gather some real facts and come back with a real argument.

Your replies are embarrassing

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Christ you have been using google too much.

A civilian plane being shot down in agreed internationally clear air space is not an accident is it?

I do not think you know what the hell you are talking about.

Go away. Gather some real facts and come back with a real argument.

Your replies are embarrassing

It is an accident in the sense the missile was not meant to hit it, you think they aimed at the passenger jet?
Are you seriously telling me you do not know what the Cuban Missile Crisis is?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Newsnight had a very good appraisal of this. I wasn't aware that three other planes had been shot down there in the past week and that Aeroflot have been routing their flights around rather than over eastern Ukraine for the last few days.

Whoever did t the Russians have clearly been given heads up that flights, even above 32,000 ft, are to be avoided. I imagine that it will be a commercial flight free zone from now on.

Poor buggers. Poor poor buggers.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It is an accident in the sense the missile was not meant to hit it, you think they aimed at the passenger jet?
Are you seriously telling me you do not know what the Cuban Missile Crisis is?

Oh do f*ck off.

They shot a commercial airline out of the sky. That was an accident?

Cuban missile crisis. What are you bloody talking about?

Go away you silly little child.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It almost certainly was. Not the sort of accident you or I could have. Not a 'fell over' accident, but one that can happen when you're a trigger happy Russian (or Ukrainian) that's been given access to serious anti-air equipment.

It looks like the Russians thought it was a Ukrainian transport plane, and so they shot it down. They didn't accidentally fire the missile, but they did accidentally target the wrong plane.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
It almost certainly was. Not the sort of accident you or I could have. Not a 'fell over' accident, but one that can happen when you're a trigger happy Russian (or Ukrainian) that's been given access to serious anti-air equipment.

It looks like the Russians thought it was a Ukrainian transport plane, and so they shot it down. They didn't accidentally fire the missile, but they did accidentally target the wrong plane.

I am really not getting anywhere here am I?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here