Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many more games has Hypia got, if the current 8 league run without a win continues?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Agree with this, I don't think he will get sacked unless it looks like there's a real possibility of getting relegated. Only then will paying him off be worth it, because of the income we'd lose from being in a lower league.
There is!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I don't understand this comment. Necessary for what?

Well maybe a wrong turn of phrase. I merely meant that asking "how many games Sami has left" is poontless given FFP Rules, the fact we don't have money to splash everywhere and the fact that he's a new manager with a new squad who both need to learn from each other. He and the squad need time, and unfortunately people think that 2 months is what is meant by time.

We have all the time in the world.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well maybe a wrong turn of phrase. I merely meant that asking "how many games Sami has left" is poontless given FFP Rules, the fact we don't have money to splash everywhere and the fact that he's a new manager with a new squad who both need to learn from each other. He and the squad need time, and unfortunately people think that 2 months is what is meant by time.

We have all the time in the world.
I really don't get this new squad thing, two months and the players still can't play or understand the system. Yes it's worked ok away from home however at home with the exception of the Cardiff game we have been woeful.

We don't have all the time in the world, at this rate we will be playing in front of gates of 20,000 and losing more money. I think the compensation paid out would be balanced out by improved results. Sorry but I really can't see improved results under Hypia. I really hope I am wrong as I'm not one for hire and fire but something has to change to improve results and keep the crowd.

Just off to wet the bed........

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I really don't get this new squad thing, two months and the players still can't play or understand the system. Yes it's worked ok away from home however at home with the exception of the Cardiff game we have been woeful.

We don't have all the time in the world, at this rate we will be playing in front of gates of 20,000 and losing more money. I think the compensation paid out would be balanced out by improved results. Sorry but I really can't see improved results under Hypia. I really hope I am wrong as I'm not one for hire and fire but something has to change to improve results and keep the crowd.

Just off to wet the bed........

FFP means that we cannot afford to dispense with a manager quite as swiftly as we might, but equally the financial consequences of a potential relegation fight means that we cannot allow the situation to drift for too long. At some point we will need to accrue the 50 points for survival and then hopefully see what we can achieve from there........so an interesting conundrum for Paul Barber to ponder over his cocoa. I wonder what his advice to Tony Bloom might be?

IMO it is good that we have another league game so soon. We should be looking for at least 4 points from the Huddersfield and Rotherham games. Certainly a minimum of 3.

I'm still optimistic that we can achieve some mid-table respectability, however that means taking some decent scalps.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
watford,cardiff & forest couldn't beat us

no one has dicked us,only lost by 2 goals once,at Ipswich

steady a midship

I wonder whether I'll be starting a thread tonight with reference to how long has the manager got, given that we are now 9 league games without a win. I seriously hope not - but the odds are I will.

I suspect the team will be lined up to do a defensive job & hope to score on the break. Perhaps a dull draw which will buy him a few days.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I reckon he's gone if we don't win tonight.
Possibly but that would be a bit silly because if they draw away that is a step back in the right direction and you might as well wait to see how they do at home to Rotherham. Having said that how often do you see a manager have a bad run then just as it looks he's about to turn it round he gets sacked which makes no sense, tactically or financially.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What was the longest run under poyet without a win ?

We went 9 league games without a win in our first season back in the championship under Poyet, but that was after 5 wins and a draw in our first 6 league games.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Slade was sacked in early Nov, if I remember correctly and we only JUST stayed up.
How long do you let it drift on before you leave a replacement with no chance of keeping us up?

After Saturdays "performance" I am concerned. Call me what you want but the warning signs were there when we couldnt beat Blackpool and we havent improved. Away draws wont keep us up, we need wins on the board. If we lose to Huddersfield and Rotherham he may well be gone. 11 games without a win going into Nov would not be good enough in my book. I hope he turns it round really I do but the system and lack of goals is a major concern.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that FFP will give him until the end of November to turn it around. Can we afford to sack him? On the other hand if we enter the drop zone can we afford not to ?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The cost of relegation vs the cost of sacking him? A no-brainer Shirley?!!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Slade was sacked in early Nov, if I remember correctly and we only JUST stayed up.
How long do you let it drift on before you leave a replacement with no chance of keeping us up?

After Saturdays "performance" I am concerned. Call me what you want but the warning signs were there when we couldnt beat Blackpool and we havent improved. Away draws wont keep us up, we need wins on the board. If we lose to Huddersfield and Rotherham he may well be gone. 11 games without a win going into Nov would not be good enough in my book. I hope he turns it round really I do but the system and lack of goals is a major concern.
I think they had a late rally which took them up to mid table in the end.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
FFP means that we cannot afford to dispense with a manager quite as swiftly as we might, but equally the financial consequences of a potential relegation fight means that we cannot allow the situation to drift for too long. At some point we will need to accrue the 50 points for survival and then hopefully see what we can achieve from there........so an interesting conundrum for Paul Barber to ponder over his cocoa. I wonder what his advice to Tony Bloom might be?

IMO it is good that we have another league game so soon. We should be looking for at least 4 points from the Huddersfield and Rotherham games. Certainly a minimum of 3.

I'm still optimistic that we can achieve some mid-table respectability, however that means taking some decent scalps.

Agree with this - minimum four points from next two games will see him safe, but even with a win tonight then defeat at home against Rotherham I think he'll be under real pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here