Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official Match Thread: England v Colombia

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Sorry, Belgium should have been out but for Japan’s naievety, as for a France, they have looked far from convincing up to the Argentina game.

France are very dangerous but they also vulnerable Colombia beat them 3:2 before the tourney ...mind they brought izzy on for that.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I thought in 90 mins it was a great team performance. We restricted them to very little, yet looked a threat ourselves. Defended well as a team and lots of clever movement when on the attack. Flow interrupted somewhat by the game Colombia made it. I think some people expect too much from individual players. It was a very good team performance - miles away from Iceland.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really? we havent had the tub thumping shit and who in their right mind thinks we can win this we still have to play the winner of the other half this is a learning experience for the comming generation

I guess I have made the error of reading tweets. But there have been several occasions when listening to Radio Five that people have been getting over the top. I agree with you, nobody in their right mind.....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I thought in 90 mins it was a great team performance. We restricted them to very little, yet looked a threat ourselves. Defended well as a team and lots of clever movement when on the attack. Flow interrupted somewhat by the game Colombia made it. I think some people expect too much from individual players. It was a very good team performance - miles away from Iceland.

The only thing that worried me was a bit of naivety we showed in the final few minutes of the 90 in not being able to close the game out.

But, as has been said elsewhere, who gives a flying **** right now, we're through.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Is everyone watching a different game to me?

No fluidity.
Poor passing.
Not many chances.
No creativity.
Lack of dribbling.

We have been lucky to get this far. Colombia were the equivalent of a poor championship team - should have brushed them aside with the players we have.

Something isn't cohesive or gelling.........it's something to do with the midfield / lack of decent wingers.

Hopefully it all clicks - but I think the players will be knackered and lose to Sweden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here