Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] ANOTHER Parking Advice Thread

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
On the bus to Brighton I noticed that the parking has changed I dont know when this happened but the signs are now showing 30 mins no return within 2 hours except for disabled. I am going to BH later today, as it is now and will check them out and report back.

If you mean that sign in the bay has changed, then it's likely to have been an issue/not compliant, before.

Also I forgot to say another classic reason for winning a PCN appeal v a Council is that the signs do not match the Traffic Order. You can only contravene a Traffic Order, not the signs or lines, so any mismatch kills it. For example if they paint DYL 2 metres longer than in the Order, then the last 2 metres are a nullity.

If the signs have just changed then the Traffic Order will certainly have changed beforehand...wonder when? My money is on the TO not matching the old sign, and the bay not being compliant. Would like to hear the outcome as long as the OP bears in mind the first appeal will be rejected, and cases are won later, with no discount (a mere bribe not to appeal further) in play. It will be all or nothing, with the odds in the motorist's favour at adjudication.

These are typical pepipoo forum loopholes that work - and there is nothing wrong with that. The expectation is Councils are right, but so often, they aren't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt get there today but it seems that all of the signs have changed fairly recently. I do not know when but parking is now permitted for a maximum 30 mins.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Makes much more sense, because that means disabled people can park for as long as they need (as per the Blue Badge Handbook) and also 30 mins allows for loading or short trips to a shop, encouraging small shop custom in the area.

So the PCN issued certainly has issues (likely to be won, as ever on pepipoo, they all are likely to be cancelled, honestly it's the norm when you know how)/. When the OP wins in the end, I'd be happy to hear what the adjudicator or Council (at 2nd stage) say it was won on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Checked it out today and found that the original yellow lines up the road have been blacked out for 2 large bays showing the signs 30 mins in any hour no return within 2 hours. At each end of the bays there are double yellow lines at one end and single at the other with signs no parking 8am -6pm. I hope that this helps somebody in the future.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My turn.Nipped in to the pharmacy at 175 Medical Centre in Preston Road. I was in there for 20 minutes, waiting for a space, parked up, had prescription dispensed, then left.
Today, one week later, parking charge notice received from Parking Eye for £100 or £60 for early payment. I don't have a receipt to prove I was there as I don't pay. Hopefully the pharmacy will provide proof of prescription dispensed, but if not, can I fight it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just reminded to post a heads up to [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION]. Mrs T followed advice given to others by the aforesaid, and a ludicrous demand for money for stopping for a minute outside a hotel in the docklands to check where the effing **** she was, has now evaporated and, after around 5 months, presumably is now in the ionosphere mingling with the Northern Lights :thumbsup::bowdown::banana:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My turn.Nipped in to the pharmacy at 175 Medical Centre in Preston Road. I was in there for 20 minutes, waiting for a space, parked up, had prescription dispensed, then left.
Today, one week later, parking charge notice received from Parking Eye for £100 or £60 for early payment. I don't have a receipt to prove I was there as I don't pay. Hopefully the pharmacy will provide proof of prescription dispensed, but if not, can I fight it?

If [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] isn't about to assist, have a look at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 - lots of stuff about Parking Eye on there.

I just won one at POPLA for my son against ECP

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] isn't about to assist, have a look at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 - lots of stuff about Parking Eye on there.

I just won one at POPLA for my son against ECP

Thanks for that. I'm going down the pharmacy tomorrow to see if they can help/give me proof of dispensing the script. Otherwise I'll take a look. Cheers

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
IndelibleFaintAnole-max-1mb.gif

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Thanks for that. I'm going down the pharmacy tomorrow to see if they can help/give me proof of dispensing the script. Otherwise I'll take a look. Cheers

I got my ticket there whilst going to the pharmacy but am a patient for the surgery the practice manager has pre written letters to give patients if you are a patient of the surgery I would contact her.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I got my ticket there whilst going to the pharmacy but am a patient for the surgery the practice manager has pre written letters to give patients if you are a patient of the surgery I would contact her.

Thanks. I'm not a patient there, it was just convenient. The pharmacy gave me a copy of the script and stamped and certified I was there. Hopefully it will do the trick.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
She has been awful to some people, Cheryl someone? I recall helping a disabled elderly couple and she laughed in their faces.

Nipped in to the pharmacy at 175 Medical Centre in Preston Road. I was in there for 20 minutes, waiting for a space, parked up, had prescription dispensed, then left.
You have 28 days to appeal online to PEye, so exhaust the complaint first.

PEye do cancel when a landowner tells them to and it;s always ''Plan A'' with that nasty greedy firm (whose modus operandi should be illegal).

If not, do an online appeal by day 28.

Does the PCN have a paragraph on the back about 'day 29 the registered keeper will be liable/Protection of Freedoms Act'? Or is it missing?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
She has been awful to some people, Cheryl someone? I recall helping a disabled elderly couple and she laughed in their faces.
Dont know her name, I am used to working with customers on the phone myself I just asked for proof of my visit and she gave it to me she has a load of prepared letters. I was back there this week and even though i had a bike helmet and cleats they were making sure to ask if I had a car so I think they are maybe feeling the impact now as opposed to the first people caught up in it? Or maybe its the other surgery manager (there are two surgeries in that building).

PEye took their sweet time responding though. I sent my letter recorded so know they got it the next working day after I sent it.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011

PEye do cancel when a landowner tells them to and it;s always ''Plan A'' with that nasty greedy firm (whose modus operandi should be illegal).

Does the PCN have a paragraph on the back about 'day 29 the registered keeper will be liable/Protection of Freedoms Act'? Or is it missing?

I've got one from this peye scum, Hollingbury Asda, claiming i parked overnight when in fact i went in and out on 2 consecutive days, one photo shows the day i went in and the other the next day leaving, on my letter it has the paragraph you mention

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Thank you. I have submitted my appeal online with a copy of the script, stamped and certified by the pharmacy and confirmed for date and time by the manager. Fingers crossed they play fair!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Thank you. I have submitted my appeal online with a copy of the script, stamped and certified by the pharmacy and confirmed for date and time by the manager. Fingers crossed they play fair!

Should be cancelled, if not then it is winnable at POPLA.

I've got one from this peye scum, Hollingbury Asda, claiming i parked overnight when in fact i went in and out on 2 consecutive days, one photo shows the day i went in and the other the next day leaving, on my letter it has the paragraph you mention
Yours is different, it's a concept called a 'double dip' in parking-forum-speak, and is an inherent known flaw of ANPR that they default to 'first in', 'last out' images.

The NoToMob have an ongoing thread of examples of double dips, updated since 2015 with hundreds of examples:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5768.0

Even the BPA Trade Body spokesperson admitted that ANPR is flawed (or words to that effect), live on Watchdog the other month, and they have an article about it:

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/ANPR

''As with all new technology, there are issues associated with its use:

a) Repeat users of a car park inside a 24 hour period sometimes find that their first entry is paired with their last exit, resulting in an ‘overstay’. Operators are becoming aware of this and should now be checking all ANPR transactions to ensure that this does not occur.''

Do you have proof of being back home overnight, or maybe a Smart Phone that has Google location enabled to show in your appeal? Your appeal should not be a template, in your case, instead, prove or just say clearly where you were (the fact you didn't stay overnight at Asda!) and demand they check the images again.

With ParkingEye, where the PCN hs the 29 days/POFA para on the back, no need to worry about not saying who was driving, you may as well be the driver in the appeal and show any proof you can, or argue the toss where you were and I would finish by threatening to report them to the Information Commissioner for flawed ANPR use.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Top thread. Sometimes I love NSC. :bowdown:punk::thumbsup: Sometimes I look at the Brexit thread. :facepalm::wrong::wanker::shootself

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Yours is different, it's a concept called a 'double dip' in parking-forum-speak, and is an inherent known flaw of ANPR that they default to 'first in', 'last out' images.

The NoToMob have an ongoing thread of examples of double dips, updated since 2015 with hundreds of examples:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5768.0

Even the BPA Trade Body spokesperson admitted that ANPR is flawed (or words to that effect), live on Watchdog the other month, and they have an article about it:

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/ANPR

''As with all new technology, there are issues associated with its use:

a) Repeat users of a car park inside a 24 hour period sometimes find that their first entry is paired with their last exit, resulting in an ‘overstay’. Operators are becoming aware of this and should now be checking all ANPR transactions to ensure that this does not occur.''

Do you have proof of being back home overnight, or maybe a Smart Phone that has Google location enabled to show in your appeal? Your appeal should not be a template, in your case, instead, prove or just say clearly where you were (the fact you didn't stay overnight at Asda!) and demand they check the images again.

With ParkingEye, where the PCN hs the 29 days/POFA para on the back, no need to worry about not saying who was driving, you may as well be the driver in the appeal and show any proof you can, or argue the toss where you were and I would finish by threatening to report them to the Information Commissioner for flawed ANPR use.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that info, much appreciated,

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Standard scammer excuse from this scum industry.

theboybilly has also just reported to me that Highview also backed down in his case at Tesco. Easy peasy, one appeal, job done.

Highview are as easy as a feather to blow over, a good one to start with if anyone wants to test the system and spend all day in George Street having several full Englishes!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here