Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Russia vs. Mo Salah

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
8 goals in 2 games so far for the hosts. I think its more to do with the opposition rather than anything suspicious though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
GO MO !..... probably too late though, amazing how well the Russians have done..... I expect something has been organised for them to progress to the last 16 ?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
8 goals in 2 games so far for the hosts. I think its more to do with the opposition rather than anything suspicious though.

Well there is the way they got drawn Saudi Arabia and Egypt in their group in the first place but that happens for hosts of every world cup.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amazing how such a fantastic season for Mo has ended as a total disappointment, for both club and country.

Real Madrid the best team on the planet for several years now, in 2018 alone swatted aside the French, Italian and German giants plus Liverpool.

Russia with home advantage crushed a poor Egyptian team. The Salah hype before the game was mad. He's just one player, no where near as good as Ronaldo, of 11.

He was with big underdogs each time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Real Madrid the best team on the planet for several years now, in 2018 alone swatted aside the French, Italian and German giants plus Liverpool.

Russia with home advantage crushed a poor Egyptian team. The Salah hype before the game was mad. He's just one player, no where near as good as Ronaldo, of 11.

He was with big underdogs each time.

Yes but I meant more to do with the injury and the total balls up by the goalie, without that and a fit Salah, Liverpool stood a chance,Real are very good but it just did not go for Liverpool.
Egypt are poor, but Russia were meant to be poor too,so the Salah hype was full on, one man team, yes, but he
obviously should not have even gone to Russia.
My point being that it can all go tits up very quickly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

This.

Predictably, Jonathan Pearce was ramping it up to the max prior to kickoff. "This game is ALL about Salah" - err no, its not, you overbearing excitable blob.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well played, Russia.

As the Soviet Union, they were a nation with a proud footballing history as the first winners of the Euro Championships and 3 time runners-up.

Despite being ranked 65th in the World and lowest ranked side of the 32 back in October 2017, they've really impressed with flair and clinical finishing.

Uruguay will be a much stronger test as will the likes of Spain or Portugal in the 2nd round, but they've been the stand-out performers so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here