Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You’re right in that respect. We’ve got a player right now that has a “twatty” haircut, acts like a petulant child if things aren’t going his way, constantly chats utter shit at the ref and was recently seen booting it along the A27, much to the disappointment of the local constabulary.

Yet we all love him, and we tolerate the games where he has done very little, in the knowledge that he just turns it on when he needs to. I suspect Grealish has the touch of the Knockys about him. But somehow I don’t think it’d work the same....

Knockaert’s work rate is miles ahead of Grealish’s.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Him or Stephens? We have to move on at some point.

Totally different players, playing a entirely different role.

Stephens - defensive midfielder, protecting the back 4, leading by example, providing height, power and a great tackler.

Grealish - ball playing AM, providing dribbles, goals, assists, but feigning injuries to win freekicks and to try and get opponents carded.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Anyone fancy him?

John Terry does

20180526_140258.jpg

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Talking to a Villa fan at work today and they reckon he'll go for around £30 million !! I nearly spat my tea out laughing!!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Totally different players, playing a entirely different role.

Stephens - defensive midfielder, protecting the back 4, leading by example, providing height, power and a great tackler.

Grealish - ball playing AM, providing dribbles, goals, assists, but feigning injuries to win freekicks and to try and get opponents carded.

He's good at getting players to kick him too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If I was going to raid Villa (and they desperately need to generate cash under FFP rules) I would be looking to sign Jonathan Kodjia as the perfect fit for our front line options and a player with a great team ethic.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Talking to a Villa fan at work today and they reckon he'll go for around £30 million !! I nearly spat my tea out laughing!!

£30m in today's market is probably about right. He has 40 odd prem games under his belt and another 60 or 70 championship games. He has seemed to sort out the issues (lets remember, he was a 20 year old lad when these things were going on).

The playoff game the other day showed what a talent he is. Fulhams Plan A was to simply do a job on Grealish and rightly so. There's a reason they were targeting him.

Championship clubs are now buying players into the division for 15m+. One of the best young talents leaving it for £30m is nothing unexpected.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
He reminds me a lot of Jack Wilshere - surging runs forward, always about to do something very very good, and then..........

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's just Joey Barton's regen isn't he?

Clearly very talented, completely lacking in temperament. Like Barton, the temperament issues will stop him from reaching the top level.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
, the temperament issues will stop him from reaching the top level.

Grealish has been sent off once in 5 years, I believe.

Now, before anyone jumps on this and says "You're comparing him to ZIDANE!?", No, I'm not.......but temperament doesn't always stop players reaching the top level.

Zidane got something like 14 career red cards and I believe over 10 of them were for violent conduct.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Now, before anyone jumps on this and says "You're comparing him to ZIDANE!?", No, I'm not.......but temperament doesn't always stop players reaching the top level.

Zidane got something like 14 career red cards and I believe over 10 of them were for violent conduct.

As far a temperament goes, I would say it's more the sulky looks and disinterested attitude when things aren't going his way. Having said that, I admire his football, he is talented and a lovely player to watch.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Completely agree, but I meant more towards his seemingly bad attitude rather than disciplinary record. He has a pretty bad record of getting caught being a bit worse for wear clubbing/celebrating after heavy defeats etc. and was brandished by his manager as 'unprofessional'.

I think perhaps more than anything, there was a moment on Saturday where he was looking like Villa's best (and only) bet to get back in the game and Fulham managed to deal with him, and he saw the red mist and probably should have been sent off. Now it's less about the colour of the card for me but more about him being able to keep his head and effect the game when things were going against his team. I hope he can move forward and become a good player that "grows up" but for me, currently, he looks like he'll either win you the game, or he'll be a massive part of throwing it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here