Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manager of the Year - (well aside from Pep)

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I know zilch about Wolves however 15m in the Championship these days is that alot.What about the Prem teams that get relegated with squads worth millions and millions.They don't often go back up.I think the Wolves manager deserves alot of credit.

I think most decent managers would take that team up easily. They've been outbidding the likes of Liverpool for current starting Portuguese internationals. £15m on a single player is still a huge amount in the Championship, its easy to forget that with massive moneypot we're given now. They weren't relegated with any of these players either, all been sourced through their somewhat questionable links with 'super-agent' Jorge Mendes.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I think most decent managers would take that team up easily. They've been outbidding the likes of Liverpool for current starting Portuguese internationals. £15m on a single player is still a huge amount in the Championship, its easy to forget that with massive moneypot we're given now. They weren't relegated with any of these players either, all been sourced through their somewhat questionable links with 'super-agent' Jorge Mendes.

I thought you meant £15m total.

However as you know money doesn't guarantee success.As I said, relegated Prem sides have valuable players and bags of money but don't automatically go back up.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I thought you meant £15m total.

However as you know money doesn't guarantee success.As I said, relegated Prem sides have valuable players and bags of money but don't automatically go back up.

I think their midfield was assembled for around £50m itself. Then their striker is on loan from Atletico.

That's true- however those players have generally proven themselves not to be up to top flight football, Wolves are buying starting players off premium European powerhouses. They'll have a blank chequebook next year and should be a real force.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here