Nice Tories Past and Present

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No such thing?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I thought they had to pass the nasty test to be allowed in, that is why they are called the nasty party.
Nasty=Backbencher, very nasty= Front bench, total nasty ****= Leader.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I was going to start another poll ?

Remarkable, Start a positive thread and it gets filled up with Labour MPs you don't want next door.

Now again. Tory MPs you wouldn't mind living next door to. Try and think of at least one.

Would they live next door to me in my council flat or would I live next door to them in a smart London town house or trendy apartment?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Would they live next door to me in my council flat or would I live next door to them in a smart London town house or trendy apartment?

Don't forget the country retreat.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Don't forget the country retreat.

You mean I'd live in a crappy "cottage" with an outside bog, no central heating or internet, no phone signal and a bus once every two days if you're lucky?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The sort you wouldn't mind popping next door for if (for instance) their washing machine had flooded and they couldn't get a man round.

Anna Soubry
John Major

If I had a selfish racist Little Englander living next door I'd move.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Glad to see everyone taking this seriously. I assume it's because most people don't get to meet MPs in any context.

I met quite a few MPs back in the 80s/90s. David Amess was one who surprised me with both how pleasant and knowledgeable he was given that he was meant to be a poster boy for Thatcherism. Still showing those qualities, I think, in his recent response to Grenfell Tower.

John Major always struck me as the most decent and honourable of the PMs we have had in my lifetime, certainly far more so than Blair, Cameron or May.

As with professional footballers, the majority, regardless of political beliefs are decent, hard working people, but the media focus on the shortcomings of a few only serves to undermine pubic confidence in the political system.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
You mean I'd live in a crappy "cottage" with an outside bog, no central heating or internet, no phone signal and a bus once every two days if you're lucky?

Yeah but on the plus side your neighbour will have a moat you can admire and fall into when returning from the village pub lock in.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have had some contact with Mark Prisk, MP for Hertford, and he seems principled and grounded. Also John Major seems a decent bloke who had an impossible task with the shower he had to lead. Thanks to Alan Clark for writing the most entertaining and frank political autobiography I have read.

el punal

As the vast majority of us have never met an MP, let alone a Tory one, and the chances of us knowing them personally to ascertain as whether they're nice or not, makes this thread slightly irrelevant. Chuck into the mix their ability to fix your washing machine, never mind their total lack of skills in plumbing, means that that your invitation for them to pop round is totally f*****.

You would have more chance with the man in the moon, he's a bit cheesy but hey-ho.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Terence Higgins
Peter Bottomley

Both good constituency MP's who looked out for the people of Worthing regardless of who they voted at the ballot box. (PB still does)

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I have had some contact with Mark Prisk, MP for Hertford, and he seems principled and grounded. Also John Major seems a decent bloke who had an impossible task with the shower he had to lead. Thanks to Alan Clark for writing the most entertaining and frank political autobiography I have read.

On the strength of your comment I have just ordered the Alan Clark diaries

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
There's probably a lot more nice Tories than Labour. I wouldn't have said that even 3 years ago but know with Corbyn and his growing band of nasty hard left MP's that support his moronic ideas, the tide has unfortunately changed.

Been a labour supporter for 25 years, now I'm just ashamed the Labour Party has been hi jacked by the extreme left nasties.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here