Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Labour party isn't the bed of roses you make it out to be maybe

Of course it isn't, running a country is fraught with difficulties. As an electorate, what you are asking yourself is who would make less of a balls up. It's all very well people posting articles from 2001, or 1976, but of course Labour were never a perfect government, neither have the Tories ever been. All we can ask is who would make less of a mess of things?

At the moment, I don't get why our tax revenue is one of the lowest in Europe at just 34% of our GDP when our services are crying out for investment. I don't buy this whole lower tax rates brings in more revenue, in the short term it can boast the economy, but nothing other than short term, and our extremely low tax rates in comparison to Europe still only brings in 34% of our GDP. So economics of low tax = more revenue just doesn't stack up. It is a falsehood that too many believe.

As the world gets smaller, multinational corporations get bigger and more powerful, governments have to stand strong over tax. If we go down a continued path of undercutting tax rates to make one country more attractive than another, then we condemn ourselves to perpetual bankruptcy because economies will always crash. We have to stop undercutting our corporate and higher tax rates, and maintain a comparable tax strategy to similar sized economies. Cutting CT to below 19% is obscene given the cuts and in comparison to other countries tax rates. It is time for a change of thinking because it is an unsustainable economic model at present.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope that clod all over social media at the moment is not off here.(The one with Corbin on one of it's appendages :lolol:)

Whoops.Was laughing so much,I forgot to add the pic:blush::lolol::lolol::lolol: bramble.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Of course it isn't, running a country is fraught with difficulties. As an electorate, what you are asking yourself is who would make less of a balls up. It's all very well people posting articles from 2001, or 1976, but of course Labour were never a perfect government, neither have the Tories ever been. All we can ask is who would make less of a mess of things?

At the moment, I don't get why our tax revenue is one of the lowest in Europe at just 34% of our GDP when our services are crying out for investment. I don't buy this whole lower tax rates brings in more revenue, in the short term it can boast the economy, but nothing other than short term, and our extremely low tax rates in comparison to Europe still only brings in 34% of our GDP. So economics of low tax = more revenue just doesn't stack up. It is a falsehood that too many believe.

As the world gets smaller, multinational corporations get bigger and more powerful, governments have to stand strong over tax. If we go down a continued path of undercutting tax rates to make one country more attractive than another, then we condemn ourselves to perpetual bankruptcy because economies will always crash. We have to stop undercutting our corporate and higher tax rates, and maintain a comparable tax strategy to similar sized economies. Cutting CT to below 19% is obscene given the cuts and in comparison to other countries tax rates. It is time for a change of thinking because it is an unsustainable economic model at present.

Currently we have a very generous Corporation tax rate in order to encourage companies to start business here and profit our workers and economy but the problem is that they get as much cash out of the country while keeping wages low and investing the minimum possible. Despite the much trumpeted employment figures tax incomes are dropping.. this can't go on, austerity does not work ! well, not for the many anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's right we can pay for people to sit on their backside while the rest of us pay for it.

Pathetic ! there are more people than ever before working, remember how the tories like to trumpet this success at PMQ's ? yet how come so many people are fed up with austerity ? and why should NHS staff see a real cut to their salaries over the last 8 years for working their arses off ? Why are so many employed people qualifying for benefits ? the government has to subsidise poor paying companies that are making millions.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm actually ashamed to live in a country with so many effing idiots.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Tories give in to the abortion amendment rather than risk a vote. Weak and feeble government for a few weeks till they get turfed out

As is being Tweeted by Nick Robinson and others - Find 7 Tories + Opposition = Government climb-down.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The AYES to the right 297 the NOES to the left 323, the NOES have it, the NOES have it.

Government majority of 26.

Labour amendment to Queen's Speech is defeated.

#confidence&supply

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The AYES to the right 101 the NOES to the left 322, the NOES have it, the NOES have it.

Government majority of 221.

Chuka Umunna's amendment G to Queen's Speech regarding BrExit is defeated.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] have the bookies paid out yet?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The AYES to the right 297 the NOES to the left 323, the NOES have it, the NOES have it.

Government majority of 26.

Labour amendment to Queen's Speech is defeated.

#confidence&supply

It's like cheering the skill of your own handiwork in hammering the nails into your own coffin.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
or just maybe, as I said, it is a welcome bit of open and compassionate government from an administration who is listening and flexible in responding to the will of parliament and the people?

Wow. You are Comical Ali and I claim my £5.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
or just maybe, as I said, it is a welcome bit of open and compassionate government from an administration who is listening and flexible in responding to the will of parliament and the people?

Yes, so compassionate they voted for their own pay rise of 10% in 2015, but vote for a continued public sector pay cap now. All in it together with a compassionate government. The pay cap impacting on ordinary nurses, teachers, police and fireman greeted with rousing cheers from the Tory benches. So out of touch it is untrue.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The AYES to the right 323, the NOES to the left 309. The AYES have it, the AYES have it.

A comfortable government majority of 14.

The Queen's Speech in all its unadulterated glory is passed. We have a government with a legislative program set out for the next two years, and all is well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, so compassionate they voted for their own pay rise of 10% in 2015, but vote for a continued public sector pay cap now. All in it together with a compassionate government. The pay cap impacting on ordinary nurses, teachers, police and fireman greeted with rousing cheers from the Tory benches. So out of touch it is untrue.

Obscene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here