Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would definately drop him if I were CH. Cost us a lot over the last few games. I would drop Hunemeier too. & I do like him, but I would drop Skalak also.

They are three players who don't breed confidence like our other players do, they make us shaky and I think their shakiness effects the confidence of the rest of the team. As an attacking player, why would you go forward if Norwood or Skalak get the ball? To have to run back again when they give away possession?

Not sure if we even have fit replacements for Norwood or Hunemeier, but I would still drop them.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I would definately drop him if I were CH. Cost us a lot over the last few games. I would drop Hunemeier too. & I do like him, but I would drop Skalak also.

They are three players who don't breed confidence like our other players do, they make us shaky and I think their shakiness effects the confidence of the rest of the team. As an attacking player, why would you go forward if Norwood or Skalak get the ball? To have to run back again when they give away possession?

Not sure if we even have fit replacements for Norwood or Hunemeier, but I would still drop them.
Dunk is back from suspension so that is an easy replacement.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Norwood will come good. He is a terrific passer of the ball and has pin point deliveries on set pieces. Had an off few weeks, but am positive will be good for us in the run in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shame he got hold of the ball of to pass out to Knockaert for the crucial third goal, isn't it

Though was at fault for their 3rd goal I heard.

His passing isn't the he issue, it's the defensive work which is poor, that's why he works better in a 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Reading mate of mine said he's great when you're on top but goes missing when you're struggling. Had exactly the same conversation with a couple ofAlbion fans post game. Basically he offers a good range of passes and an odd set piece but isn't exactly "one of the troops".

What I would say is playing him and Skalak in the same team is a massive mistake. Both offer set piece options but together you lose pace AND tackling. However, today with Stephens out and Kayal far from 100% we had no choice but to play Norwood, so playing Skalak was a massive error, luckily corrected at half time

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Norwood will come good. He is a terrific passer of the ball and has pin point deliveries on set pieces. Had an off few weeks, but am positive will be good for us in the run in.

As a centre midfielder it's no good if he can't tackle though is it?...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a centre midfielder it's no good if he can't tackle though is it?...

Not in a 4-4-2 when you're 2 down. The earlier point about needing 3CMs to play him is a good shout but he's decent in a 4-4-2 when we're dominating. Awful today but nowhere near as bad as Skalak

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
He needs a 3 man midfield. Would like us playing 4-5-1 away from home to be honest.

Errm you realise that's what we started with today?

Oliver Poorwood showing his lack of ability once again today. That free kick when he gave it straight to them pretty much sums it up.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Errm you realise that's what we started with today?

Playing Murphy behind Murray isn't the same as playing, say, Kayal, Sidwell and Norwood. Today we played 4-4-1-1 and Murphy was an attacking outlet not a third centre midfielder.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Not in a 4-4-2 when you're 2 down. The earlier point about needing 3CMs to play him is a good shout but he's decent in a 4-4-2 when we're dominating. Awful today but nowhere near as bad as Skalak

Agree 100% regarding formation and when we are on top but we can't afford to take those kind of luxuries.... Hughton will not change from his tried and tested formation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here