Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stitches

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Oh, dear. Sounds like you had a particularly bad day that day. I'm very sorry if I sounded at all flippant. BTW, you'll never get those tricky little knots undone with your bare hands, especially if you've numbed them with ice first!
You didnt sound flippant. If I'm honest I think I need a pro to do it, though it literally looked like a case of cutting a know and pulling them out slowly with some tweezers :) Yeah cant say it was my finest hour oh well he's up for attempted murder by the looks of it

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Do you have a General Practicioner? A local doctor or nurse could remove them without having to go to hospital?

I had a small growth removed from just above my eye, which had stitches. I went back to the hospital to have them removed only for a very grumpy nurse snap at me, 'Why didn't you go to your doctor, to have these removed?'
I just sat there meekly saying, 'I didn't know I had the option'.
Perhaps she'd had a bad day.

Yeah my GP is on holiday playing golf no doubt. It literally shuts down for the summer here. My wife was pregnant even the gynacolagyst spic took 6 weeks off when the baby was due its pretty much A and E or DIY

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You didnt sound flippant. If I'm honest I think I need a pro to do it, though it literally looked like a case of cutting a know and pulling them out slowly with some tweezers :) Yeah cant say it was my finest hour oh well he's up for attempted murder by the looks of it

Blimey, you poor sod. All the best for a full recovery.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Short video to be posted if you take them out yourself

AAAnd they are out. Though I didnt film it kinda wish I had :) If anyone ever wonders if you should take your own stitches our I'd go see a pro.

It wasnt that bad actually except for one of them as I had no scissors and had to - well it wasnt the most pleasant thing.......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yeah my GP is on holiday playing golf no doubt. It literally shuts down for the summer here. My wife was pregnant even the gynacolagyst spic took 6 weeks off when the baby was due its pretty much A and E or DIY

glad you are on and have said all that, it just shows how good our NHS is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here