Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a kid at my daughter's school, a big brute of a lad - who has moved schools a number of times before. He has a penchant for chasing after girls and pulling them about / putting his hands round their neck etc and trying to provoke some of the boys into fights.

The school has 2 problems with this lad:

1. Despite drawing up a parent / school Action Plan the single parent mother doesn't keep up her side of the bargain (20 stone munter who routinely drops the lad off late after the bell's gone).
2. There aren't enough adults to watch all of the problem kids at break-time.

And this is a nice middle class primary school with only 30 kids per year!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do, money and clothes. So, how much would you like to bet with me?

Is it bad that I'm now picturing some unfortunate Syrian refugee, stood in the ragged clothes he fled in, but with some hipster Alexander McQueen sneakers, and a mulberry manbag?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it bad that I'm now picturing some unfortunate Syrian refugee, stood in the ragged clothes he fled in, but with some hipster Alexander McQueen sneakers, and a mulberry manbag?

:lolol:

This isn’t too far from the truth.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Wearing a t-shirt saying:-

'I went to England
and all got
was this pair of...

...Gucci Driving Gloves'.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This crowd funded 125K - whilst well meaning - doesn't sit that well with me. The unintended consequences are that it will encourage filming of bullying, the creation of fake bully videos to garner sympathy, endless Just giving pages for minor bullying crimes (Think Roland in Grange Hill) and more social media witch hunts where we don't have the full facts.

I don't know what the answer is - and I'm not by any means condoning the actions - but I'm of the opinion that long term this doesn't end well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This crowd funded 125K - whilst well meaning - doesn't sit that well with me. The unintended consequences are that it will encourage filming of bullying, the creation of fake bully videos to garner sympathy, endless Just giving pages for minor bullying crimes (Think Roland in Grange Hill) and more social media witch hunts where we don't have the full facts.

I don't know what the answer is - and I'm not by any means condoning the actions - but I'm of the opinion that long term this doesn't end well.

What I am more curious at is who filmed it. A happy bystander? An appalled pupil? Whatever, they didn't do a great deal to help the Syrian.

This then leads to the next question, how and why was this put out there? As outrage or bragging?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really....

The classic “kids of today bollox”
Feck me the fecking Romans complained about kids today....

So in the late 80s when I got chased and beaten with a baseball bat, that was not a patch on this, far worse has and will happen.....

Bullies be bullies, they have and will always exist, living in denial that this goes on and has gone on a daily basis to people regardless of their race or religion is just stupid....

It’s a daily occurrence, don’t make it right, as I said bullies be bullies, humans are inherently selfish and look for weakness in others, it’s how we control that and move on in evolution, but shocked come on.....

I did acknowledge bullying has and always will occur. My point, as you agreed, was this is a step up in violence ie breaking someone’s arm; then attacking them again and waterboarding whilst others cheered him on / filmed...that’s not exactly ‘fight fight fight’ in the traditional sense but extreme cowardice and yes, shocking. It wouldn’t have happened in my day because the bully would have been caned severely and expelled, most likely into a Borstal with Ray Winstone to teach him who’s the daddy. Still, sure this family is quivering in hiding - wonder if it’s a 4 or 5 star hotel and has a gym plus pool or not?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpeg

Tommy Robinson said so, it must be true.........:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There's a kid at my daughter's school, a big brute of a lad - who has moved schools a number of times before. He has a penchant for chasing after girls and pulling them about / putting his hands round their neck etc and trying to provoke some of the boys into fights.

The school has 2 problems with this lad:

1. Despite drawing up a parent / school Action Plan the single parent mother doesn't keep up her side of the bargain (20 stone munter who routinely drops the lad off late after the bell's gone).
2. There aren't enough adults to watch all of the problem kids at break-time.

And this is a nice middle class primary school with only 30 kids per year!

I understand your annoyance.

Other side of coin, at HGSB in the 70s, we had a lad brought in who had been expelled from various schools. He was put in my class for something or other. He stank. He was dirty. He kicked off. He scrawled in chalk 'Ned Land is a ****' on the deputy head's door. We laughed at him. He was gone in a week.

What I didn't know, and what I found out from an old classmate I am now in touch with, recently, was the poor little ****er was neglected and beaten at home.

You have to target the parents.

Another mate of mine, right on, lefty, gay, has been fostering for 20 years. Disturbed kids from broken homes with parents selling drugs, in jail, never worked. My mate surprised me when he said this. There are about 70 to 100 thousand families in the UK where nobody will ever work, where they do nothing but max up the welfare, pop out kids, drift around in ill-judged 'relationships'.....and the best thing to do would be to sterilize them and their kids to nip the cycle in the bud.

I nearly fell over.

No idea what the solution is to those habituated to living outside society. Throwing money at it doesn't work. Maybe we should follow the strategy outined here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04clpd7h0b0

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Govenment has done a perfect job at turning people against each other.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Seriously? You must be gullible if that is the only source doing the rounds......:lolol::lolol:
If there was a news story,police or school statement I may be convinced.

Yaxley-Lennon, the convicted criminal has a cult following, who believe he can do no wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Govenment has done a perfect job at turning people against each other.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Responsible for Stephen Lawrence? Bullies have always been around and racism (away from the shattering classes of Brighton and Hove) has never gone away. The racist anger in northern towns and in eastern England predates this government, borne out by the rise in support for UKIP and the far right over the last 15 years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here