Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone planning to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 Comes out tomorrow

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Interesting article about the game in yesterday's Guardian here. Obviously riddled with identity politics and left-wing bias etc etc but fascinating about the insane level of detail.

Review here which says that if you were expecting GTA then you will be disappointed...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
HAHAHHA Mrs Fats has asked if I mind if she does some Aurveda workshop in Brighton on Saturday, and then go to Thorpe Park fright night on Sunday. Of course darling, I’m a kind, considerate husband. You do that stuff, not that I even understand the first one. I’ll hold the fort here. BROWNIE POINTS FOR FREE!

To be fair, I haven’t worked out what to do with my two toddlers whilst I rustle cattle and rob banks, but I’m sure I’ll think of something.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
HAHAHHA Mrs Fats has asked if I mind if she does some Aurveda workshop in Brighton on Saturday, and then go to Thorpe Park fright night on Sunday. Of course darling, I’m a kind, considerate husband. You do that stuff, not that I even understand the first one. I’ll hold the fort here. BROWNIE POINTS FOR FREE!

To be fair, I haven’t worked out what to do with my two toddlers whilst I rustle cattle and rob banks, but I’m sure I’ll think of something.

Hog tie

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yup. Probably won’t play till Monday though down to the monster download ☹️

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If buying as a download you can start it now! Apparently the day one patch is only 3.5gb so even if you buy in disc it won't take long.

Ok. Read its there largest for any consol game ever. Unfortunately I’m working all day every day over the weekend ☹️ So Monday it’ll be for me if I intend to sleep!

Looking forward to hunting bears again...been too long!��

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Ok. Read its there largest for any consol game ever. Unfortunately I’m working all day every day over the weekend ☹️ So Monday it’ll be for me if I intend to sleep!

Looking forward to hunting bears again...been too long!��

Yeah the game is nearly 90gb on Xbox one! Sorry to hear that, I'm not back at work until Tuesday :thumbsup: :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
You can do that today then?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes, preloading has been up for a few days now. A lot of games do that these days due to the size and therefore the time they take to download. Don't want midnight to come along then have to wait 9 hours for it to download do ya. Also handy for those who don't have superfast broadband!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes, preloading has been up for a few days now. A lot of games do that these days due to the size and therefore the time they take to download. Don't want midnight to come along then have to wait 9 hours for it to download do ya. Also handy for those who don't have superfast broadband!
Very true. Even if you have the hard disk the install will take a while

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It was on the 6 O'Clock news earlier - company based in Edinburgh. Although someone did make the point in the news item that they may not be able to import future talent to write more games after Brexit. Brits are clearly unable to be trained to create games it seems :rolleyes:

Young KZN will no doubt want it, so may give it a go. The first one was OK to begin with but quickly got rather samey I thought.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m nearing the end of AC Odyssey - as in doing all side quests too. Will give RDR2 a couple of weeks to get the inevitable launch bugs dealt with, and then launch in. Gotta day; I like AC and Horison ZD more than GTA V, so am hoping it’s not as similar to GTA, only with horses as some are saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here