Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Note to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].... Suggest a new field under usernames on NSC: "Team(s) supported".

Just so we know where we are, like.

(Actually, maybe "Kids support:" too?)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Saw this on facebook yesterday......

“Difficult day of football being a Chelsea fan and Brighton season ticket holder !!”

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Saw this on facebook yesterday......

“Difficult day of football being a Chelsea fan and Brighton season ticket holder !!”

It’s nice for them when the club shows their teams games on Sky before 3 pm kick offs. First time I heard cheers when Chelsea/ManU or whoever scored on tv I was a little surprised but on reflection that’s what makes Premiership soccerball so thrilling. It would be quite a nice gesture if the club were to lay on beers from West London, Liverpool or Manchester in the home ends for these kind of grand occasions. Free half and half scarves in the club shop would really make a statement as well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Utter tripe.

In due respect, i went in the old North and it was often very quiet. Perhaps you are older than me and remember the 70's glory days but i remember it in the mid 80's.

And notice I said louder. The old North always sung a fair bit but often there were only a few hundred joining in.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
one of the reasons I don't go anymore :thumbsup:
regards
DR

You don't go anymore?

Thought you might have mentioned it in your near 21,000 posts?

Is this the highest post count for a member that doesn't support the Albion and has never once discussed the game of football?

Just curious?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any Palace digging us out over this just show them the Cantona Kung fu kick... few Man Utd logos in the home end that night.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I suppose the saving grace is that it stopped our captain, Dunk, getting the shirt. His family live in Coldean, but are all Chelsea fans.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Seriously? At the end, so called Brighton fans jizzing themselves over Eden Hazard, makes me feel sick. The father of the kid who got his shirt should be banned for that

Perhaps he wanted it to wipe his arse hole with. :thumbsup:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
First time I saw it I was pretty disgusted - but after reading some stuff on this thread I thought I'd take another look at video.
I've been lucky in my lifetime to see some pretty amazing footballers (albeit some like Maradona, Lineker, Van Basten and Gullit when I was very young). If a genuinely world class footballer had given me his shirt, even as an adult I think I'd be pretty damn chuffed. And if they did it for my son, I'd be totally made up.

Yesterday was one of the finest performances I've seen on a pitch by any player live. In 30 years of watching the game.

I don't think it's worth attacking the dad/son. And I'd have applauded if I'd seen that in front of me too.

Still no

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

But irrespective of who his dad supports, why shouldn't his son support someone different? There is no law to say that if your Ada supports a team you should also support that one. He may be a kid that likes Chelsea as a lot of kids do and also likes brighton...but hazard is his playing hero...as when I grew up, Georgie best was my hero...I wasn't a manu fan, but that didn't matter ...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
But irrespective of who his dad supports, why shouldn't his son support someone different? There is no law to say that if your Ada supports a team you should also support that one. He may be a kid that likes Chelsea as a lot of kids do and also likes brighton...but hazard is his playing hero...as when I grew up, Georgie best was my hero...I wasn't a manu fan, but that didn't matter ...

I'm old school, I don't like it very much either, but before any further accusations are made I think that the perpetrators involved should be found and hauled up in front of the NSC discipline committee (any suggestions) to find out exactly what the situation was and who they support.
If they were all Brighton fans then they should all be sentenced to a week in the company of HB&B.
They won't do it again.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

He can support whomever he chooses but home fans go in the home end and away fans go in the away end. If you're an away fan in the home end then you should show some respect to the home fans around you and keep schtum. That lad's dad didn't.

These aren't new-fangled rules. They are very well-established and long-standing.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just seen this on Twitter, brilliant.

[tweet]955025827082760192[/tweet]

What would be great is if every proper Albion-supporting kid came to the next game with a sign like this. Any Albion player would do.
Redress the balance for the embarrassing tinpotness of yesterday

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here