Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It is a fact that the government issued a tender document this month for companies to bid on carrying out a review on safe-standing. It is also a fact that the FA has stated that it will back safe-standing in the top two divisions if this review finds that safe-standing poses no additional risks or crowd management issues.

To suggest that any decision is imminent is therefore patently untrue.

Out of interest, should safe standing be approved, what would the reaction of most fans be towards the club if they ‘forced’ season ticket holders from their seats in order to introduce a safe-standing area?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It is a fact that the government issued a tender document this month for companies to bid on carrying out a review on safe-standing. It is also a fact that the FA has stated that it will back safe-standing in the top two divisions if this review finds that safe-standing poses no additional risks or crowd management issues.

Out of interest, should safe standing be approved, what would the reaction of most fans be towards the club if they ‘forced’ season ticket holders from their seats in order to introduce a safe-standing area?

I imagine most clubs would take a sensible approach and add safe standing (if they choose to amd no guarantee every club would) to areas where in would have minimal impact.

So BHAFC could convert the back 10 rows, say, of the North Stand and have no fan forced to move.

Only a cjtc of an owner would actually put safe standing in an area where standing isn't currently, tacitly accepted and displace an entire block of STH to make way for a completely different group of supporters.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just had a quick look on BBS.
Some smart fella just skewered the whole thing.

What is the thought process that makes belief that people in C and D will sing more because HF are on their left rather than their right?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I imagine most clubs would take a sensible approach and add safe standing (if they choose to amd no guarantee every club would) to areas where in would have minimal impact.

So BHAFC could convert the back 10 rows, say, of the North Stand and have no fan forced to move.

Only a cjtc of an owner would actually put safe standing in an area where standing isn't currently, tacitly accepted and displace an entire block of STH to make way for a completely different group of supporters.

We are already permitted to stand in the back rows of the NS so it wouldn't really make much sense for the club to invest in converting the back rows to safe standing when we have been standing, quite safely, since the Amex opened!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is there a petition to sign yet in support of all the poor sods being turfed out of their seats in order to accommodate CPFC's spotty oiks? Surely can't be long in coming.

Am unsurprised that Disney caved in to them again. They got summat on him for sure.

:D

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Probably something broadly similar to the reaction we’ve seen at Palace.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We are already permitted to stand in the back rows of the NS so it wouldn't really make much sense for the club to invest in converting the back rows to safe standing when we have been standing, quite safely, since the Amex opened!

The club are turning a blind eye to us standing at the back of the North but persistent standing does breach the regulations as they stand.
If we were to legalise what already happens then converting the back of the North to safe standing would be the way to go.

Agree with the principle of 'why fix what isn't broken' though.

We've moved to the back of the North from this season specifically to stand. _and_son is now tall enough that its not an issue and it has certainly increased our enjoyment of the "matchday experience" (as PB would say).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I saw this pic of the new spurs stadium on Twitter, looks like the same seating system as ours.
All they've done is add the rail, so it's not like they have to rip all the seats out and install those metal things they have in Germany. Doubt it would cost much to do.

Tottenham-safe-standing-1024x473.jpg

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong Palace fans but I haven't seen many dissenters. I'm not logging on to the BBS to check there.

https://twitter.com/CPFC/status/1044985525826998272
I know you said you can't or won't go on the BBS but here is a sample post today showing how things (as many of us predicted ) are hotting up. Lots of devision with fans claiming they are being selfish on both sides

#3093 Report Post
Old Today, 03:15 PM
the only

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTON View Post
We're going to have the best atmosphere in the UK
This is very exciting.

A toxic atmosphere ? Palace fans punching 5hlt out of each other

Not me , of course. I won't be there

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you imagine their reaction from them if we had to orchestrate a dedicated "singing area" because we had no atmosphere without one?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Can you imagine their reaction from them if we had to orchestrate a dedicated "singing area" because we had no atmosphere without one?

I nominate sheebo to conduct it .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Here's another example of the deluded comments you see on bbs. It's quite a common theme in there, they actually believe this nonsense :lolol:

We will be leading the way in atmosphere by a mile and you just know it won't be long before other clubs will be stepping up to copy it

Take note Liverpool and the Kop fans or Sunderland and their famed Roar from their fans, The Palace 200 spotty face teenagers are about to show you how it is done:lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here