Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many times does Solly March play well a season?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’ve never thought he’s premier league quality, despite my heart willing him on.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
He was shocking today - looked like he didn’t want the ball half the time and when he got it he lost possession. He was a passenger and is not worthy of a starting place i’m afraid - nothing but a squad player and that’s not an opinion based just on today’s performance.

Maybe that's correct that he didn't want the ball with confidence that has looked sh.ot for some time. Agree with all of this and don't understand why CH keeps picking him

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I remember last season a decent display at Arsenal !

Perhaps a case for a sports phsychologist ?

It doesn't help when fans abuse him. A player will never get better when fans are shouting and swearing at him from the terraces. Of course they know, Barnes said so when he left us.

Supporters support, even through the rough patches. If CH picks him, it's because he thinks he's capable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it too soon to call Solly this season's:-

cN2VYPZb_400x400.jpg

goat-mouth-open-teeth.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The club are cleverly playing the long game, before allowing him to join Jake Forster-Caskey somewhere.

I was very critical of Solly today but he does have the ability to turn around his performances. He has looked bereft of confidence and inspiration for some time and didn’t even shine against lowly opposition in pre-season. No way he should have been starting today and he needs to come out of the firing line. A few positive sub performances would do him the world of good.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It doesn't help when fans abuse him. A player will never get better when fans are shouting and swearing at him from the terraces. Of course they know, Barnes said so when he left us.

Supporters support, even through the rough patches. If CH picks him, it's because he thinks he's capable.

I confess, I did shout (non-personal) football stuff against Gavin Hoyte at Withdean, as did those around me. His play was a liability to the team. Apart from that, I haven't yelled against or booed an Albion player.

Moaned under my breath about awful CMS, but everyone else in WSU thought he was a footballing god.

Akpom and Obika got off lightly from the Amex crowd.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Solly March has received less a lot less criticism on here and other places in the past than perhaps his performances have deserved, probably because he's a young Sussex lad so people want him to do well. But, after a long period of not performing well, with or without abuse and/or criticism, the good will seems to have run out.

Judging from NSC, he seems to have gone from massively overrated to massively underrated. He is now this season's scapegoat and will receive a disproportionate amount of abuse and criticism.

Anyone who shouts abuse at our players in the stand is an idiot as it's obviously going to have a detrimental affect on a player - particularly wingers who are often confidence-based players. We don't need a sports psychologist to tell us that. They'll be lots of discussions in the stands about how he's performing, though.

For me he's especially frustrating as I think he's a lot better than what we saw last season. But he's 24 now so he needs to show a big improvement otherwise he'll continue to receive lots of justified and lots of unjustified criticism, and eventually will be allowed to leave by the club.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Solly March has received less a lot less criticism on here and other places in the past than perhaps his performances have deserved, probably because he's a young Sussex lad so people want him to do well. But, after a long period of not performing well, with or without abuse and/or criticism, the good will seems to have run out.

Judging from NSC, he seems to have gone from massively overrated to massively underrated. He is now this season's scapegoat and will receive a disproportionate amount of abuse and criticism.

Anyone who shouts abuse at our players in the stand is an idiot as it's obviously going to have a detrimental affect on a player - particularly wingers who are often confidence-based players. We don't need a sports psychologist to tell us that. They'll be lots of discussions in the stands about how he's performing, though.

For me he's especially frustrating as I think he's a lot better than what we saw last season. But he's 24 now so he needs to show a big improvement otherwise he'll continue to receive lots of justified and lots of unjustified criticism, and eventually will be allowed to leave by the club.

Who says he deserves it? Certainly not the club or the manager.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He isn’t a scapegoat and he wasn’t the only one to underperform today.

However he was awful today, has absolutely no confidence to take on a full back and bottled several 50/50s today. He really needs to have a considered look at whether he wants to make it at this level and work on his shortcomings.

I think the frustration with many with Solly is that clearly there is ability in there, I’m just not sure he believes it and wants it enough.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He isn’t a scapegoat and he wasn’t the only one to underperform today.

However he was awful today, has absolutely no confidence to take on a full back and bottled several 50/50s today. He really needs to have a considered look at whether he wants to make it at this level and work on his shortcomings.

I think the frustration with many with Solly is that clearly there is ability in there, I’m just not sure he believes it and wants it enough.

What a load of tosh. The manager and coach need to sort it out, if he really fails as much as you say he does.
If he isn't performing to your high standards then you need to apply for the job of manager to see if you can motivate him to do better.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Its quite uncomfortable hearing the groans and the shouts to get him off from the stands, the fact he's a local boy and very unassuming makes it even more painful. But that being said he's either out of his depth or shot for confidence at the moment- he didn't attempt any take-ons down the line despite numerous opportunities. I have my doubts about whether he's prem quality, but agree with others that he would probably benefit from coming on as a sub before discontent reaches fever-pitch. Hopefully he can turn it round.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Edit

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What a load of tosh. The manager and coach need to sort it out, if he really fails as much as you say he does.
If he isn't performing to your high standards then you need to apply for the job of manager to see if you can motivate him to do better.
Don't be ridiculous. He was dreadful today, not for the first time. There's no Scapegoating him. On recent performances he is dreadful and should not be in the starting line-up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
But that being said he's either out of his depth or shot for confidence at the moment.

He's both. I think he needs a loan. A decent season in the Championship will make or break his Albion career. Staying in the first team will, IMHO, ruin him.

I will say though, for a winger to not be able to beat a player or put in a cross is a worrying concern. Most can do one, the best do both, he does neither.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here