Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Pier Trust Chief Executive Makes Non-Wanky Staterment Shock Horror!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
(from today's Argus online)

'West Pier Trust chief executive Geoff Lockwood said Noble's opposition would only make the trust more determined to achieve the restoration it had planned for 30 years.

He said: "The vast majority of people are now even more determined to achieve the restoration."

In his latest report to the board, Mr Lockwood said a final restoration package would be produced by September and passed to the Heritage Lottery Fund.

During that time, the development contracts would be put out to tender.

He said: "There is no doubt whoever hired the criminal underworld to fire the pavilion and the concert hall has succeeded in denting our public support.

"The struggle to restore the West Pier has shifted from assessments of its economic viability into a battle with forces determined to undemine or frustrate democratic decisions by unacceptable methods. It has become a matter of public morality." '

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
just dont get Jarvis involved, they'd make the current structure look safe in comparsion:lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Do they really count as lies?

If somebody was selling me a second hand car, I would think they were lies.

They cannot "restore" the pier: it has fallen down and is just a shell. Is this a lie or "are there really weapons of mass destruction?"

All they can do is build a replica.

It would help if they had the plans of how the West Pier was built. But they haven't.

The original plans (which they haven't got either) would not be such a good idea, as the original design was unsafe.

Maybe some people are romantic, but I think it is a giant confidence trick.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I actually don't mind the West Pier as it is. It has become a bit of a tourist attraction seeing the wreck by the sea and has become a bit of an urban legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here