Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion are much praised on owlstalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We met up with a Wednesday fan in a recent visit to Munich. Decent guy, who had no truck with the Albion.

Apparently the manager is very "Well In" with the owner. He is practically unsackable. Much to the chagrin of the fans.

I heard the manager's getting sacked if they don't get something against Wolves on Friday.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Where does the expression Founder Members come from, is it a Sky thing?

I mean, it's not like they all got together and decided it would be a good idea or anything, they were just there.

It's a bit like me saying I'm a founder member of December 12th 2017, because I happen to be alive.

No, it's because Sheff Utd were founder members. They held a meeting and signed a document, the Founder Members Agreement, setting out the way the PL would be run. It wasn't because they happened to be there, they had an active role in setting it up

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I mean, it's not like they all got together and decided it would be a good idea or anything, they were just there.

It's a bit like me saying I'm a founder member of December 12th 2017, because I happen to be alive.

You will be remembered.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We met up with a Wednesday fan in a recent visit to Munich. Decent guy, who had no truck with the Albion.

Apparently the manager is very "Well In" with the owner. He is practically unsackable. Much to the chagrin of the fans.

Yes, the Owls fans I know, wanted him sacked last season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No, it's because Sheff Utd were founder members. They held a meeting and signed a document, the Founder Members Agreement, setting out the way the PL would be run. It wasn't because they happened to be there, they had an active role in setting it up

I think the point being made is that these founder members were just the teams that were due to be in Division 1 anyway. There was nothing innovative in being a ‘founder member’ of this particular club. They were just there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think the point being made is that these founder members were just the teams that were due to be in Division 1 anyway. There was nothing innovative in being a ‘founder member’ of this particular club. They were just there.

What I would love to know is who Sheffield FC, oldest football club in the country, used to play against? :lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

But it's not the case 'they were just there'. They made a conscious decision to leave the FL and form the PL. It's not something that just happened; they could have voted against it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

They talk about Preston NE being founder members of the Football League

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here