Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why do you keep trying to change the subject? WTF does this have to do with BREXIT?

(You obviously don't realise but people of all political persuasions voted for and against )

Changing the subject to what the party that has an influence on the parliamentary process re Brexit (also apparently the government in waiting) latest Brexit policy is? If you could draw up a list of what you deem relevant, what subjects can be discussed and when ..

(You obviously didn't notice my specific reference to Labour 'Brexiteer' voters)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Irish Minister of State for European Affairs is appearing on Irish TV at 1630, be interesting what she says on all this.

[tweet]939880597820002304[/tweet]

[tweet]939880734625591296[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Dublin and Davis aren't singing from the same hymnsheet.

We will as a government, a sovereign government in Ireland, be holding the United Kingdom to account, as will the European Union.

My question to anybody within the British Government would be, why would there be an agreement, a set of principled agreements, in order to get to phase two, if they weren’t going to be held up? That just sounds bizarre to me.

This, as far as we’re concerned, is a binding agreement, an agreement in principle.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wor...-binding-deal-on-post-brexit-border-1.3322001

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brexit in the end is nothing more than us paying a load of money to the EU in return for a lot worse a deal than we have now and worse than what Cameron negotiated

I'm afraid the boneheads who want to " Take back Control " are more than willing to pay any price.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone would think the EU don't trust the Tories

Where des Labour sit in all of this? Corbyn didn’t campaign for Remain and is known to be an Eu sceptic. As far as I can see they are sitting on their hands and hoping no one notices so they don’t get tied to anything

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Where des Labour sit in all of this? Corbyn didn’t campaign for Remain and is known to be an Eu sceptic. As far as I can see they are sitting on their hands and hoping no one notices so they don’t get tied to anything

Except he did. Got a majority of Labour voters voting remain 63% (about the same as the SNP) against the Tories 42% (a figure that according to the polls dropped considerably during the campaign) and says he would still vote remain whenever the question is asked. Unless you think the Labour Party should have had the sole responsibility of bringing home a Remain victory I'd look firmly at the Tories. They called the referendum, they voted out.

As far as sitting on their hands, what would you suggest? They don't think its a good idea, the best they can offer is "least bad" ideas.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

of course its a binding agreement. if nothing else is agreed, Ireland and Northand Ireland will be fully aligned. its just no one knows exactly what that means, because no one know yet what will be agreed or not. its a grade A+ fudge from the EU, agreed to by everyone because they can sell it to their constituents as suiting their cause.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Except he did. Got a majority of Labour voters voting remain 63% (about the same as the SNP) against the Tories 42% (a figure that according to the polls dropped considerably during the campaign) and says he would still vote remain whenever the question is asked. Unless you think the Labour Party should have had the sole responsibility of bringing home a Remain victory I'd look firmly at the Tories. They called the referendum, they voted out.

As far as sitting on their hands, what would you suggest? They don't think its a good idea, the best they can offer is "least bad" ideas.

But the expectation was much more at the time. The Assumption was 70%+ and am sure you can remember the issue was a habit talking point at the time. Anything halfway close to the Liberal 70% and it would have been fine.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
of course its a binding agreement. if nothing else is agreed, Ireland and Northand Ireland will be fully aligned. its just no one knows exactly what that means, because no one know yet what will be agreed or not. its a grade A+ fudge from the EU, agreed to by everyone because they can sell it to their constituents as suiting their cause.

It's very clear - No border, follow EU regulations. What bit are you struggling with?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Perhaps you should tell David Davis it is and that as Northern Ireland will be fully aligned to The UK too, everyone will still be fully aligned.

I see Ian Paisley Junior of The DUP is now claiming Dublin have been 'done over' by this agreement - https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/ian-paisley-boasts-weve-done-varadkar-brexit-deal/

Such nice people The DUP.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's very clear - No border, follow EU regulations. What bit are you struggling with?

it is very clear. and if the UK is not in the single market and customs union it will remain clear. Ireland and NI will have no border and NI will act as its following internal market and customs union regulations.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here