Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockhaert

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Anyone who has suffered a loss knows it can hit you hard. Hopefully he'll come good and work through it. Albion need AK as the retired greyhound was :shit: and looked totally disinterested.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knocky, whilst not reaching the levels we hoped, has been a big part of our season. He is tidy, defends well and is one of the very few players we have who can use the ball when pressured.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I know the Argus has a job to do but if it is true and they are reporting stuff like that, I don't see how that will help the lad or the Club if he has some minor issues. We all know he is an emotional lad and we have seen that when his Dad passed away but playing it out in public won't be helpful.

That said..........Where the hell is there to go on a freezing Friday night on the outskirts of Huddersfield. I can't see him leaving the hotel ???????? Can you ???????

Sorry, for clarity I should have said that it was on the Argus comments on the Knockaert story.

Like you say though, it does feel a bit weird that he would go off like that if true. And we have seen Hughton play a RB in midfield before so it’s completely believable that he was dropped for nothing more than tactics

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m sorry, I overestimated your cranial capacity. Obviously there’s a vacuum between your ears.

Putting your :catfight: to one side, do you think AK's played well this season?

Immense over the last two seasons at a marked lower level, the games just seem to be passing him by. It's hard to recall AK getting any joy directly leading to goals.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Can't see how the club could justify tagging players etc. Surely against his human rights/privacy laws etc.

Not if it’s in the contract. Players are assets of the club, surely it’s in their best interest to track and monitor them?

I know in some sports it’s the norm. It’s a really interesting area that I’m studying, this and doping.

‘The company that developed the capsule technology, HQ Inc., has seen them used by NASA for astronauts, the military for fighter pilots, and it's been used in traditional sports like football and baseball, and also opened it up to the racing community’

That’s American football, but won’t be long until it’s the norm.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Putting your :catfight: to one side, do you think AK's played well this season?

Immense over the last two seasons at a marked lower level, the games just seem to be passing him by. It's hard to recall AK getting any joy directly leading to goals.

You’re right he hasn’t replicated last season, but his talent is still there and he has been defending well. You can’t question his commitment. I just hope he gets his head together again. Still an amazingly talented player.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think he's played generally well with flashes of quality. Trouble is if he's missing then we look a weaker team. Let's not kid ourselves, we're not world beaters, which is why we need all our best players, one of which is Knockaert.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Knockaert doesn't fail to make the 18 for "tactical" reasons.

He may be struggling to adapt to life in the PL, possibly due to his bereavement, but he doesn't fail to make the 18 if he's fit and available to play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some on here thought AK (and Solly for that matter) would be halfway through their total of a double digit goal tally by now.
I don't blame the optimism, and certainly won't be trawling up some 'told you so' posts, but if that's the benchmark for success those posters must be feeling let down.

Personally I think AK, Solly and Jose have all be very good.
At times they've all certainly scared the b'jesus out of Champions League defenders.
We were never going to get the consistency, the team is too defense orientated and a finisher is pretty much non-existent.
So all of them have been close to flogging a dead horse.

I believe AK (as with the others) really doesn't have to do much more and that will be proven if the club decides to 'go for it' in January.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Knockaert doesn't fail to make the 18 for "tactical" reasons.

He may be struggling to adapt to life in the PL, possibly due to his bereavement, but he doesn't fail to make the 18 if he's fit and available to play.

Scholetto’s selection ahead of him was bizarre.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yes I have, you obviously haven’t. The Championship player of the year can certainly cut it at Premier League level.

Whilst I'm under the opinion that Neilbard is clearly a wind-up, I have to agree with him on this one.

So far AK has struggled massively with the step up, and on evidence so far is not quite a PL player. The stats back this up too; same amount of goals & assists as March in 200 minutes more, and less goals (although more assists) than Izzy. I'm not saying he can't make the step up, but it's very naive to say he's managed it yet.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Whilst I'm under the opinion that Neilbard is clearly a wind-up, I have to agree with him on this one.

So far AK has struggled massively with the step up, and on evidence so far is not quite a PL player. The stats back this up too; same amount of goals & assists as March in 200 minutes more, and less goals (although more assists) than Izzy. I'm not saying he can't make the step up, but it's very naive to say he's managed it yet.

Simple question. Would you rather he be in the team, or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here