Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAO PC Darren Balkham

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
When we got to where the Q's for P & R ended those wanting to go the Coach Park steps were being pushed into the small path against the embankment. The path is separated from the main walkway around the stadium by a hand rail/crush rail. This is where the pinch point was as everyone was being pinched into no more than 2 abreast. After some time either Police or stewards realised that people were in distress and allowed the opening of the main walkway up the south stand entrance where the Police Horses and dogs were.

Exactly my experience too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can see your point but storming the gates is not difficult to police effectively and the OB had loads of warning about these idiots behaviour as flares/bangers were used at Spurs/Palace game. CPFC have to address this as it is their support of this minority bunch of tw*ts that gives them the green light. No one is blaming the Police for their behaviour but questions need to be asked about how they responded, or in this case, not responded, and i'm not talking about a trite statement after the fact, i'm talking about a dynamic response at the time of the incident/s. Instead we get, oh we'll have a look at the CCTV. Not good enough.

Can't disagree with that. Interesting that we are of one accord with many Palace fans that Steve Parrish's pandering to this group of thugs carries much of the responsibility for their irresponsible actions.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the stewarding of the train load of Palace that arrived just before kick off seemed inadequate. I was walking up towards the west at the same time and the Palace fans seemed to suddenly move up the ramp with stewards trying to keep up by racing up the steps. For a short time Palace fans were hurling abuse at anyone entering the West Lower and clearly could have taken it further if they wished. The young steward searching me at the time took a few paces forward to offer 1 man protection ( bless him, he probably couldn’t have done much on his own). I told him to ignore them and he continued his search. At least Albion fans were searched...

Jan 30, 2008
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the stewarding of the train load of Palace that arrived just before kick off seemed inadequate. I was walking up towards the west at the same time and the Palace fans seemed to suddenly move up the ramp with stewards trying to keep up by racing up the steps. For a short time Palace fans were hurling abuse at anyone entering the West Lower and clearly could have taken it further if they wished. The young steward searching me at the time took a few paces forward to offer 1 man protection ( bless him, he probably couldn’t have done much on his own). I told him to ignore them and he continued his search. At least Albion fans were searched...
they didn't because they really didn't fancy it
regards
DR

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
FFS!

This is a MURAL:
View attachment 91564

This is a MURIAL:
View attachment 91565

The picture behind Hilda is actually a Murial
429_i89oz3ckh5.jpg

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
He is a very nice bloke actually :)

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

that's as maybe, I like to think I was a 'nice bloke' when I was with Sussex Police, but with the intelligence available nowadays, there should not have been so much 'aggro' last night. Not all Albion supporters live in Brighton and I was astounded that I sat in the coach park for a full 30-40 minutes to get out.
I await with interest the visits of the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal supporters.......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is too simple for the games home and away. Also a lot cheaper for the tax payers than thousands of old bill drafted in from Surrey and Hampshire.

Don't the Albion pick up the full policing cost stemming from the event, whevever deployed?

Hence the economic decision of clubs opting for cheaper, weaker and powerless stewards.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
that's as maybe, I like to think I was a 'nice bloke' when I was with Sussex Police, but with the intelligence available nowadays, there should not have been so much 'aggro' last night. Not all Albion supporters live in Brighton and I was astounded that I sat in the coach park for a full 30-40 minutes to get out.
I await with interest the visits of the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal supporters.......

Liverpool and Arsenal have visited the Amex, with no aggro in Brighton or at the Amex.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hello Darren

Please help me with a couple of points tonight

1) We designate pubs in our own town to be Palace
2) We have a big murial of our captain that wasn't watched the night before?
3) Graffiti next to our stadium night before game.
4) Fireworks not detected entering the stadium
5) Brighton fans treated like we were second class citizens in our own town.

I can't wait for the response. Come on, man up and stop shirking it when the questions are asked.
Christ we must have the most boring wet blanket supporters ever....where's your pipe and slippers? :D
So many threads by the dull PC brigade it's unreal:lolol::lolol:

Maybe many of you need to be sucking your mummies nipple still:lolol:

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
The point about the searches being poor is well made. Last night one of the guys I go with had the usual pat down by the stewards but nobody looked inside the carrier bag he was holding having visited the store beforehand. Just because it's a Brighton-branded carrier doesn't mean, for me, it shouldn't have been searched.

The searching at the ground is pathetic. To search anyone properly you have to have the mindset they are hiding something. These guys do not have that. When I am searched they know I have stuff in my pockets but do not ask to see it. To be honest if you were a terrorist and wanted to plant a bomb I would use a bike bom and park it near the ground in the bike racks setting it of as fans leave. The reason why all the police did not go to the away end is simply they are trained to await instructions form the Match commander who has a full strategic over view of what is going on across the whole City and ground. It is simple to decide what should have been done without the knowledge or skills to do it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Balkham is a tosser who wants to be seen on Twitter more than actually policing anything.

He really really isn't. This game aside what problems have we had with any policing of our games at the AMEX? I can't think of a single one. I think he has been a breathe of fresh air.

Last night was exceptional and I really cant see what else the police cold have done. Other than, in hindsight, the "bubble" seems like the only answer.

He really really isn't. This game aside what problems have we had with any policing of our games at the AMEX? I can't think of a single one. I think he has been a breathe of fresh air.

Last night was exceptional and I really cant see what else the police cold have done. Other than, in hindsight, the "bubble" seems like the only answer.

He really is.

Don't give a flying fvck if you disagree but the man is a massive arsehat.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I’ve said it once & I will say it again.This game needs to take place during daylight hours.Preferably on a Sunday lunchtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. It makes absolutely no sense to have it on a Tuesday evening. Just makes the travel, the policing and the atmosphere a whole load worse.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But how though? Please explain.

I'd like to know the reason for the comment as well. I once spent the afternoon with him and he seemed a thoroughly decent and good man. The only fly in the ointment was that he supports Man U but he could be forgiven as he was originally from Manchester.

But how though? Please explain.

You've forgotten all about his role in the FBO orders dished out to Brighton fans for having the audacity to have the shit kicked out of them by Russian thugs in Marseille I take it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You've forgotten all about his role in the FBO orders dished out to Brighton fans for having the audacity to have the shit kicked out of them by Russian thugs in Marseille I take it.

I don't know of any of the details in this. I just know he is a thoroughly decent honest guy with a love of football. About as good as you can get in his role.

I don't know of any of the details in this. I just know he is a thoroughly decent honest guy with a love of football. About as good as you can get in his role.

And who are you judging him against pray tell?

Would be interested to hear how you've come to the conclusion he's as good as it gets bearing in mind to make that assertion you must have knowledge of others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here