Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Note the UK position. i.e. we backed this decision. Other EU countries have various restrictions on its use, the UK is free to also.

I do have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about Roundup.It has uses in gardens,but I don't think it should be used as widely as it is in agriculture.There are health concerns,particularly in places where weeds seem to build up an immunity to it and farmers just use ever larger amounts.(Please excuse the normality of this post).

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I do have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about Roundup.It has uses in gardens,but I don't think it should be used as widely as it is in agriculture.There are health concerns,particularly in places where weeds seem to build up an immunity to it and farmers just use ever larger amounts.(Please excuse the normality of this post).

Your previous post made it seem that you supported it's use.

Make your mind up

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Your previous post made it seem that you supported it's use.

Make your mind up

If you actually read something for a change,you would see that I dislike them for approving it's use.The commendable bit was naming a French street after Jo Cox

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
If you actually read something for a change,you would see that I dislike them for approving it's use.The commendable bit was naming a French street after Jo Cox

If you read something for a change you'll see that the UK supported it so how can the EU's position be something you dislike?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Temporarily only, I hope. I voted Tory in the last general election for the first and only time in my life, purely to protect the most important thing on the agenda: Brexit. I hope when the next general election comes round we'll be well and truly and safely out of it so I can vote Labour again, as usual (or spoil my ballot paper, as I have done occasionally in the past when they've really cocked it up (Michael Foot as leader, for example)).

Whatever the legal niceties, most of 34M voted (on both sides) in the belief that it was a binding and final vote. That in itself gives it a degree of validity. Politicians certainly cannot ignore that.

Some people voted remain because they thought it was the easiest option (and all those nice politicians had told them the sky would fall in if they didn't go along with that?) Yeh, I can believe that.......

Pity you (and millions of others) didn't recognise that before Thatcher had wreaked more havoc on British manufacturing industry than the Luftwaffe managed (and flogged off all the family silver, from British Telecoms, plus the Gas and Electricity providers, and council houses, all for peanuts).

Jeremy = Foot

Agree the referendum result cannot be ignored, was just kicking back on it being legally binding.

Thatcher took us from the abyss the last hard left Labour government left us in (rubbish in the streets, cap in hand to the IMF for loans) to something far better. I don’t like her but recognise she is what the country desperately needed. We will go through another transformation in the coming say 10 years if we leave, we will have to. Probably a Labour government next as a kick back for this Tory mess but they will mess up after one or two parliaments and then we will see another hard right government and all that that entails. It won’t be all lovely workers rights in a post Brexit world.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Jeremy = Foot. You have been touched by the hand of the Tories now.

Agree the referendum result cannot be ignored, was just kicking back on it being legally binding.

Thatcher took us from the abyss the last hard left Labour government left us in (rubbish in the streets, cap in hand to the IMF for loans) to something far better. I don’t like her but recognise she is what the country desperately needed. We will go through another transformation in the coming say 10 years if we leave, we will have to. Probably a Labour government next as a kick back for this Tory mess but they will mess up after one or two parliaments and then we will see another hard right government and all that that entails. It won’t be all lovely workers rights in a post Brexit world.

You mean when we leave not if we leave obviously, considering the referendum result cannot be ignored.
Innocent typo alert :thumbsup:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
DPn_eLAW0AAg_Lr.jpg-large.jpeg

Hmmm....69% of Brits happy to be living in the EU. Some mistake, Shirley?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you read something for a change you'll see that the UK supported it so how can the EU's position be something you dislike?

Perhaps the British Euro rep is someone that I loathe.Or maybe I don't blindly agree with every decision taken by our rulers.Do you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably a Labour government next as a kick back for this Tory mess but they will mess up after one or two parliaments and then we will see another hard right government and all that that entails. It won’t be all lovely workers rights in a post Brexit world.
Haven't you realised yet that all governments f*ck it up eventually? Well, all governments since the war anyway, apart maybe from Attlee. McMillan and Wilson both did OK for a bit, as did Blair before he monumentally cocked up over Iraq. Think back - Cameron thought he was doing so great he couldn't lose, didn't he? - leaving 17M of us rejoicing that he judged public opinion so badly!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Haven't you realised yet that all governments f*ck it up eventually? Well, all governments since the war anyway, apart maybe from Attlee. McMillan and Wilson both did OK for a bit, as did Blair before he monumentally cocked up over Iraq. Think back - Cameron thought he was doing so great he couldn't lose, didn't he? - leaving 17M of us rejoicing that he judged public opinion so badly!

And probably a few million of them now doing this :ffsparr:

Yes, I get it that every government has a time limit, it’s just some are far better are royalling sc**ing up than others

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2013/june/tradoc_151381.pdf

No. After all, it is pretty much in line with the EU's own factsheet on 'Transparency in EU trade negotiations'.

“A certain level of confidentiality is necessary to protect EU interests and to keep chances for a satisfactory outcome high. When entering into a game, no-one starts by revealing his entire strategy to his counterpart from the outset: this is also the case for the EU.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here