Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm sure they will have a go .. ably abetted by the motley crew of proven liars, backstabbers, expenses thieves and insult-warriors who still can't accept the referendum result.

As you know, I was referring to the motley crew of proven liars, backstabbers, expenses thieves and insult-warriors attempting to run the country at the moment. Not to worry, you seem happy with them.

May's little clique blunders on, the world laughs, their disciples fawn.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As you know, I was referring to the motley crew of proven liars, backstabbers, expenses thieves and insult-warriors attempting to run the country at the moment. Not to worry, you seem happy with them.

May's little clique blunders on, the world laughs, their disciples fawn.

Corbyn and his crew would be just as bad

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Corbyn and his crew would be just as bad

In America, tens of millions of people are counting off the days before Trump goes. And he will be gone, probably in about three and a half years. If Corbyn won an election, centrists like me would be hoping his reign would not be long. And the nature of some of his policies means it probably wouldn't be. On the other hand, the effects on Britain of the clique currently ruling us will be existential, and last a generation or more.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looks like Davis caved on the first point.

Surely not, this must be a mistake.

Davis along with May and the others of this strong and stable Government have told us time and time again, that only they can get the best possible deal for the country, and that they will not be dictated to, and that future trade deals must be agreed in tandem with any financial cost involved in leaving, although many have within the Government have said we can leave without paying a penny.

For their credibility they would have maintained this hard line and not caved in on day one.

Well all those Brexit voters and in particular all Conservative and UKIP voters must be popping the champagne corks with the great start the UK team has made on day one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i dont get it. i gather you'd both be remainers and pro EU, shirley you'd be please the agenda will follow EU preference?

I personally think day 1 has gone well. The EU, quite rightly, puts people first and insisted that the future of its citizens be amongst the first items resolved.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I personally think day 1 has gone well. The EU, quite rightly, puts people first and insisted that the future of its citizens be amongst the first items resolved.

Davis: "Can we have X?"
EU: "No."
Davis: "Ok."

Expect this to be a running theme of these negotiations.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
....and UK insists it's own citizens have reciprocal rights, but this seems to be a step too far..... some citizens have more rights than others it seems.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Lies and manipulation on both sides and just like every other election .. isn't democracy wonderful.
No... it's clear... the remainers are all educated, well informed citizens of the world...... the rest don't count.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No... it's clear... the remainers are all educated, well informed citizens of the world...... the rest don't count.

In her pursuit of a hard Brexit, May was saying Remainers don't count! What an idiotic stance - sticking two fingers up at half the electorate just before an election.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
5000 more crappy, low-paid, zero hours jobs with no security...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40324352

Car maker Jaguar Land Rover is to hire 5,000 staff to enhance its expertise in autonomous and electric technology.
The firm said it would hire 1,000 electronic and software engineers and 4,000 workers across other sectors, including manufacturing.
Most of the jobs will be based in the UK, with recruitment taking place over the coming year.
The carmaker, which is owned by India's Tata Motors, employs more than 40,000 people globally,
The company will build its first electric vehicle, the I-PACE, in Austria.
However, it has indicated it would like to make such models in the UK if conditions such as support from government are met.
Jaguar Land Rover has indicated half of all new models will be available in an electric version by the end of the decade, necessitating new skills among its staff.

Let's hope they get that government support the whole thing hinges on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very good day. The EU have confirmed their weakness - their need for our money.

If this is the case then good news for you as I'm sure Davis can use it as leverage. This and the Prosecco and German car sales. And when he throws in the threat of setting up a free trade agreement with Albania I'm sure the EU will cave in :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In her pursuit of a hard Brexit, May was saying Remainers don't count! What an idiotic stance - sticking two fingers up at half the electorate just before an election.

The way the 48% are just ignored is one of the most bizarre things of our time

Just hope there it doesn't up end up in a remain brain drain, its no secret which group provides more of the tax take.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The way the 48% are just ignored is one of the most bizarre things of our time

Just hope there it doesn't up end up in a remain brain drain, its no secret which group provides more of the tax take.

Quite.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The EU are controlling the timetable. We've already lost 3 months out of 24 thanks to the Tories. You wonder how much time there will be left for greatest deal trade deal of all time

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
i dont get it. i gather you'd both be remainers and pro EU, shirley you'd be please the agenda will follow EU preference?

It's difficult to guage how one should feel about these talks as I don't want them happening at all. I'm stuck between wanting our shoddy, powerless negotiating team to pull one out of the bag, and for the talks to fail completely and we revoke article 50 after everyone has come to their senses.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed. And she has to go.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Precisely. As one of the 4.2 million people who have had a gun pointed at our heads for the past year by this bunch of morons in Westminster, I'm pleased that my/our future rights are actually going to be discussed, finally.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here