Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive fire in London - Grenfell Tower in Shepherds Bush

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I understand the frustration but I don't like the way some people are pointing the finger at the emergency services for killing people. The fire service and police could only do what they thought was safe at the time.

It has been building for years in this country. The press have been getting it too.

Forgotten millions who have developed their own reality about the Police, The Media even the Fire Services.

Simply forgotten with no voice.

But you have to sit back and swallow the reality of the situation. A Tower Block has been burnt down with hundreds inside. They've gone down to the council to protest.

Not sure what I would do.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It has been building for years in this country. The press have been getting it too.

Forgotten millions who have developed their own reality about the Police, The Media even the Fire Services.

Simply forgotten with no voice.

But you have to sit back and swallow the reality of the situation. A Tower Block has been burnt down with hundreds inside. They've gone down to the council to protest.

Not sure what I would do.

I would do exactly that, go to the council and angrily protest, especially if I have lost family. I can't think of anything else I could do. Sadly though, this will turn into violence, and I, personally, am lost on what the authorities expect. But leave the firefighters alone FFS!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Theresa May was at a local church near Grenfell Tower as the disturbance was taking place at the town hall. Crowd had gathered outside the church when word got round but police have extracted her safely - SKY

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would do exactly that, go to the council and angrily protest, especially if I have lost family. I can't think of anything else I could do. Sadly though, this will turn into violence, and I, personally, am lost on what the authorities expect. But leave the firefighters alone FFS!!

Yep - I'm not defending them at all.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Unfortunately many will be led to look back on this catastrophe for all the wrong reasons.

Too much will be made of the backlash, civil unrest, the £5m fund.

Anything at all to distract from the people who have lost their lives, the inquest and the causes. Our country is broken

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Unfortunately many will be led to look back on this catastrophe for all the wrong reasons.

Too much will be made of the backlash, civil unrest, the £5m fund.

Anything at all to distract from the people who have lost their lives, the inquest and the causes. Our country is broken

People have too much anger inside of them and this is the final straw for them

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't expect things to happen at the speed of twitter, but a bit too late.

The anger is directed at the state because their homes are the responsibility of the state.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not our homes if we don't own them afraid.

If this was a private landlord or a dodgy hotel with a killer boiler - would you be saying the same ?

What I am saying is, we are all responsible for our own lives and we should not depend on anyone else to nannyfy us. I have never owned my own house, do I depend on others to help me live? No. Simple. I make my own money, I make my own provisions, I don't rely on others to look after me. So the fact that people say the lives are the responsibility lies with others doesn't work with me. That is just my own personal situation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here