Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gianluca Lapadula.- AC Milan Striker

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The video I saw (different form above) made him look like Skalak with a trapping ability worse than Hemed and exclusively left footed like Knockaert/March and not that fast either. Unimpressed.

Perseus the Plumb is unimpressed; Gianluca gets a thumbs up from me then without having seen any footage.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You asked if we could really see this happening, I replied that I can, I didn't say we will. But please feel free...

What makes you think that we would spend that sort of money on one player?? We have always been incredibly frugal and I don't see that changing ( not saying it's a bad thing either)

How many other clubs that have made it to the Premier League had a transfer record of 4 million??

Plucky Bournemouth?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What makes you think that we would spend that sort of money on one player?? We have always been incredibly frugal and I don't see that changing ( not saying it's a bad thing either)

How many other clubs that have made it to the Premier League had a transfer record of 4 million??

Plucky Bournemouth?

As you said, bounce me, pointless but nevertheless.

Can't remember what we were willing to spend on Pritchard in the Championship, but it was no small amount by that leagues standard. Can I see us spending 17 mill on a forward in the Prem? If the right deal comes up, then yes I can. I answered your question the first time around. Feel no need to again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You asked if we could really see this happening, I replied that I can, I didn't say we will. But please feel free...

Same.

Not that will WILL, but we MIGHT.

It would have to be a player they felt was an investment, with good potential resale value though.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As you said, bounce me, pointless but nevertheless.

Can't remember what we were willing to spend on Pritchard in the Championship, but it was no small amount by that leagues standard. Can I see us spending 17 mill on a forward in the Prem? If the right deal comes up, then yes I can. I answered your question the first time around. Feel no need to again.

Just looking at Leicester paying Hull 17 mill for Harry Maguire and jonny Evans reportedly going for 10 mill , looks like we will have to pay that sort of money !

I wonder what Dunk and Duffy are worth ?. not to mention Knocky

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just looking at Leicester paying Hull 17 mill for Harry Maguire and jonny Evans reportedly going for 10 mill , looks like we will have to pay that sort of money !

I wonder what Dunk and Duffy are worth ?. not to mention Knocky

Players who are British / proven in the PL or Championship are nearly always overpriced. Sometimes massively (Jordan Rhodes, Ross McCormack etc etc).

We have a great track record of finding value elsewhere. The fact that TB is the king of finding value is unlikely to be an unrelated issue.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This sounds like the "Better Baldock" we need - to use SB's phrase.

Sing him up.

If, as his Wiki entry states, he can play on the wing, has a strong left foot, and an eye for goal, maybe he would be better suited still, to vie for the outside left berth, with Jamie Murphy and Jiri Skalak. I know which one l'd prefer.

Clue . . . he's Italian.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Just as an aside, here is a translation of the original article......

As learned exclusively by Tuttomercatoweb, the AC Milan striker Gianluca Lapadula was recently the subject of a survey by Charlton. The ambitious club has tested the ground for the Peruvian striker Italo, but remained seared the baseline assessment determined by the Rossoneri: about 20 million euro. In the coming hours we will also try the newly promoted Brighton.

???

very enlightening.......not !

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I know I have now edited !!

He was born in Spain - To Italian parents - Technically he is Italian.

I'm sure I remember him talking about it. He even mentioned his sister was born in Italy, making her 100% Italian.

Unless I imagined it all? ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I vaguely remember an article about this when he was with us, I'm sure he said he was born to Italian parents and as such considered himself to be Italian, despite his Spanish connections.

Beat me to it - Should of read the thread a bit further! :thumbsup:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
To "Love me like you do"

Luca La pa du
La la Luca La pa du-la
Luca La pa du
La la Luca La Pa du-la

Love Luca La pa du
Love love luca la pa du-laaaa

Gianluca is going to scooooorreeee

Ten out of ten. But try singing that after 10 pints of ale pre match!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
20 million? hope thats lira cos that only works out about a tenner(or £9m for the pedants of which there are plenty)
I'm still saying wait until we have a signing holding up the deck chair before trying to have their name put to a night of convenience with Mrs Beckham:)

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Nothing against him, he looks half decent, but think we could find better for £20M. How much was Gabbiadini?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
serie A is a very crap standard these days. AC Milan would probably finish around lower mid table in the Prem.

Six decent sides and not a lot else.

Bit like our new league then.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Gianluca Lapadula wants to stay but if that’s not possible, then at least remain in Italy, while Everton met Milan and with Niang’s agents yesterday.
Milan have already signed Andre Silva and are on the market for another striker (the meeting with Fiorentina for Nikola Kalinić has been postponed to next week).
Carlos Bacca is expected to leave but the future of Gianluca Lapadula remains unclear. As reported by Milannews.it and this morning’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, yesterday Milan learned on Brighton’s interest in Lapadula and the pink paper suggest that the newly-promoted EPL side have made ‘an important offer’ for him.

Lapadula has yet to hear from Brighton but in any case, it’s believed that the will of the 27-year-old ex-Pescara striker is to stay at Milan, and if the club decides otherwise then to at least remain in the Italian peninsula. GdS thinks it’s hard to imagine that Gianluca will go abroad.
Premier League interest exists also for M’Baye Niang, who played the second half of the last season in Watford. Yesterday Everton intermediates were at Casa Milan to discuss the player with ds Mirabelli. After the meeting, as reported by Calciomercato.com, they had a meeting with Niang’s agents.
The interest of Everton in Niang could perhaps help Milan in getting Gerard Deulofeu, who could still end up at Barcelona in La Blaugrana decide to exercise their buy-back clause for €12 million.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2017/0...to-stay-at-milan-everton-interested-in-niang/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here