Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I remember reading a few years back that soon after 9/11, many Sikh men in the USA have been victims of abuse, attacks and some have been killed simply because they wore turbans. Their Silk religion strongly focuses on good deeds and treating all people equally. We all feel anger towards the attackers and what they represent, but there are others that should be mindful of how their strong hatred and anger towards muslims may affect those around them in their daily life, i.e; hating/disliking someone that looks a bit muslim etc. This is what divides communities, towns and countries etc and it's what these scum attackers want.

I don't recall any attacks on Sikhs in the UK. I fully expect Americans to be ignorant of the meaning of a turban but most Brits, even the most pig ignorant can tell the difference between a Sikh and a sheik.

If they want me to feel deeply suspicious of Muslims in general...they had me at hello.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So you couldn't manage to find one then? Oh dear, how distressing for you.

Did you miss my quote because it makes you feel better? I can't believe you would misinterpret anyone, let's face it, you are trying hard to be the voice of the pack.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes, I wouldn't disagree with any of that. The problem is where parts of towns and cities (like in Lancashire and Yorkshire, and Birmingham in a big way) have actually become Islamic territory - and no, now that it has happened like that, I don't know how to deal with the problem.

Yep. I don't know my neighbours back ground but he works hard. He may not even take Islam seriously but his wife wears a scarf. I've known Muslims to not tell their wives and children that they are apostates but just go along with the culture. One of his daughters is about 11 or 12 and doesn't wear a scarf but his younger one wears a practice one for school. I feel sorry for them carrying the burden of Islam though. They have a lot of choices and decisions ahead of them and growing up in Hove they can see the real world unlike the Islamic areas of the UK where you would get sucked in.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So have the police got all the suspects?

Sky News still have no clue, nothing from the emergency services (hearing that now). They won't confirm a damned thing except 20 in hospital, including traumatic and stabbed, I am typing this as he says it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'll connect with you one last time because you are deluded. The French resistance targeted uniformed Germans that were occupying their country in a world war. The IRA targeted English civilians in England, that was not their country. You sound a bit strange and I shall not give you any more of a platform.

French resistance killed a lot of non-German civilians, go back to history class.

You sound historically lacking.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did you miss my quote because it makes you feel better? I can't believe you would misinterpret anyone, let's face it, you are trying hard to be the voice of the pack.

Geez! Someone who thinks I'm trying to make myself feel better by not agreeing with him. Oh well.....takes all sorts.........unfortunately. :facepalm:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Sky News still have no clue, nothing from the emergency services (hearing that now). They won't confirm a damned thing except 20 in hospital, including traumatic and stabbed, I am typing this as he says it.

Thank you.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Borough is too close to where I used to go, and a lot of BHA supporters too. The oyster bar literally next door to the Market Porter was targeted, Wrights, great place to eat.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agree with that.

Yep we need to make it clear that we are not going to tickle their bollocks anymore. Every other religion gets on with each other. The more I think about other religions and what they offer to the world in culture and tradition it makes the world a colourful place, but Islam has nothing to offer. It's a totalitarian political movement dressed up as a religion.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yep we need to make it clear that we are not going to tickle their bollocks anymore. Every other religion gets on with each other. The more I think about other religions and what they offer to the world in culture and tradition it make the world a colourful place, but Islam has nothing to offer. It's a totalitarian political movement dressed up as a religion.

Do they though? Christians tend to dislike Muslims, actually all other religions tend to not get on with muslims, however Hindus and Sikhs don't tend to like each other and commies tend to dislike the lot of them, makes me feel a bit commie in that respect :wink:

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Do they though? Christians tend to dislike Muslims, actually all other religions tend to not get on with muslims, however Hindus and Sikhs don't tend to like each other and commies tend to dislike the lot of them, makes me feel a bit commie in that respect :wink:

I'm glad that I believe in science and not god, thank you mum and dad for not subjecting me to any form of religion.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Currently in a hotel room with two of my best mates after watching Depeche Mode.

Feeling grateful we have somewhere to stay. We walked for miles as everything shut down. We only knew things were happening as social media & our phones went off with people concerned.

We'd been drinking in Borough Market/London Bridge this afternoon.

I live in Crowborough & it's the end of line. Somewhere I always feel pretty 'safe' & carefree when I'm up in town.

Thinking of everyone affected by this. Innocent people on a Saturday.

I'll be honest I just want to go home to my sleepy ****ing town where nothing happens,

PEACE.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Quite frankly, after half an hour round here I would pay £1000s to get me the **** out of here!

The people that did this are sick, sick, sick *******s.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm glad that I believe in science and not god, thank you mum and dad for not subjecting me to any form of religion.

Totally with you on that one, being atheist works for me. I won't be getting virgins in the after life, in fact I won't have an after life, I shall go to my scientific God and sleep for eternity. I need one! Why does religion make profit out of death? I'll never understand it. And they are, after all the reason behind most wars. So many people have died in the name of this religion stuff that totally goes over my head.

Anyway news is starting to leak and I think this thread should be finished or renamed. I have no problem with people arguing or answering my stance on this whole shite. I think the powers that be - and that doesn't necessarily mean Govt - have a way of keeping order in their land, and I am still not sure why this has happened twice in a week just before an election.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quite frankly, after half an hour round here I would pay £1000s to get me the **** out of here!

The people that did this are sick, sick, sick *******s.

Sadly all us Western countries seem to do is condemn them and shoot them after the event, if they haven't blown themselves up. It usually comes out that the cops knew them after it has happened, but as a civilised society, what do we do? Such a difficult question to answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here