Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I always read your posts and agree with pretty much everything you write, yet I still have my doubts (about what will inevitably happen if, no, when more nations pull away from the EU). My concern is that the beasts of Europe will awaken. Germany in particular. Germany has felt for a long time happy to be loved (well, not all Germans, and not exactly loved, by recognised as part of the gang). I have been inclined to put up with a lot of EU shit for the sake of 'no wars' and a bit of live and let live (plus the easy travel and general sense of belonging to a bloc that can stick two fingers up to Uncle Sam). But . . . yes . . . a lot of shit. A lot of needless shit. Undemocratic shit. Pointlessly annoying shit. Mind you the way it has been spun by the Mail, Sun, Times and Express ever since Maggie changed her mind about jonny wog, has been reprehensible (with most of the thickies still thinking the EU wants us to have square eggs, straight bananas, everybody speaking German, and only the French allowed to fish in British Waters, etc). But I digress. The EU was annoying but it seems to have precluded war in Europe for a long time. That said . . . . sometimes I feel like I would have been one of those muppets cheering when Chamberlain waved his Piece of Paper . . . . Still there is a big difference between appeasing the bumbling annoying EU and appeasing Hitler. If our leaving the EU will simply leave the EU happy and intact and trading with happy us, I'd move along realising there is nothing to see here. But I am concerned the whole lot will collapse and carnage will resume. Mind you, with the Islamonazis running amok, as they are, no end in sight, would we even notice the difference?

Time will tell, as always. Cheers.

I think I agree with all of that including worrying about what will happen in Europe once the EU collapses in on itself. I don't think the beast that will be awakened will come from Western Europe though but from Russia. He (Putin) need only whip up Russian nationalism in the Baltic states or say, invent a spurious reason to send troops into Kalliningrad and we'd have a serious problem. Worrying times.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I always read your posts and agree with pretty much everything you write, yet I still have my doubts (about what will inevitably happen if, no, when more nations pull away from the EU). My concern is that the beasts of Europe will awaken. Germany in particular. Germany has felt for a long time happy to be loved (well, not all Germans, and not exactly loved, by recognised as part of the gang). I have been inclined to put up with a lot of EU shit for the sake of 'no wars' and a bit of live and let live (plus the easy travel and general sense of belonging to a bloc that can stick two fingers up to Uncle Sam). But . . . yes . . . a lot of shit. A lot of needless shit. Undemocratic shit. Pointlessly annoying shit. Mind you the way it has been spun by the Mail, Sun, Times and Express ever since Maggie changed her mind about jonny wog, has been reprehensible (with most of the thickies still thinking the EU wants us to have square eggs, straight bananas, everybody speaking German, and only the French allowed to fish in British Waters, etc). But I digress. The EU was annoying but it seems to have precluded war in Europe for a long time. That said . . . . sometimes I feel like I would have been one of those muppets cheering when Chamberlain waved his Piece of Paper . . . . Still there is a big difference between appeasing the bumbling annoying EU and appeasing Hitler. If our leaving the EU will simply leave the EU happy and intact and trading with happy us, I'd move along realising there is nothing to see here. But I am concerned the whole lot will collapse and carnage will resume. Mind you, with the Islamonazis running amok, as they are, no end in sight, would we even notice the difference?

I think the rest of the EU will stay intact. Countries such as Greece that requested the rules be changed, were firmly put in their place. The likes of Poland, Greece, Estonia, Finland cannot afford to leave now. Germany dominates due to its immense industry, economy, access to capital and demographics.

The far rights have failed to gain any true power. The only dangers are from Russia and ISIS, which are very real.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know lefties only like the history they think happened,but sometimes the truth interferes with their weirdness!
View attachment 85872

So nothing used in the attacks in Botswana were UK produced or supplied? The SA authorities didn't use Land Rovers or any UK equipment when dropping bombs? Fascinating. What did the Rhodesians use in Lesoma when they killed 15 BDF boys? I 'aint a leftie, incidentally I lived there.

Jan 30, 2008
I think the rest of the EU will stay intact. Countries such as Greece that requested the rules be changed, were firmly put in their place. The likes of Poland, Greece, Estonia, Finland cannot afford to leave now. Germany dominates due to its immense industry, economy, access to capital and demographics.

The far rights have failed to gain any true power. The only dangers are from Russia and ISIS, which are very real.

Albania and Montenegro ,two more assets to the club:facepalm:
Regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I agree with all of that including worrying about what will happen in Europe once the EU collapses in on itself. I don't think the beast that will be awakened will come from Western Europe though but from Russia. He need only whip up Russian nationalism in the Baltic states or say, invent a spurious reason to send troops into Kalliningrad and we'd have a serious problem. Worrying times.

Yes indeed. One forgets about the Russians when focusing on EU matters.

Incidentally, I recall watching Spooks on DVD when it came out and thinking how far-fetched it all was, with suicide bombers and Russian gangsters, and cyber criminals taking over air traffic control etc. Then I watched it all again recently. Talk about life imitating art . . . .

. . . . spooky . . . . . (yes, I know, coat on, and taxi waiting. . . .) :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
At least we know we're more secure post-Brexit. #strongandstable

C-BZFJuXoAA_OdG.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Looks like you are really going to enjoy the coming austerity then ?

It will be great, people can learn how to live without sky every month, 15 coffees a day and stuffing their faces at every opportunity.
Who knows it MAY just help out the stretched NHS because of all the self infflicted dibetics lining up.
This country needs tough measures, who knows even rations.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It will be great, people can learn how to live without sky every month, 15 coffees a day and stuffing their faces at every opportunity.
Who knows it MAY just help out the stretched NHS because of all the self infflicted dibetics lining up.
This country needs tough measures, who knows even rations.

Why stop there? It would be sensible, would it not, to restrict the working class to one live game of football a season and only allow them in to pubs on alternate weeks.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Looks like you are really going to enjoy the coming austerity then ?

there is no austerity! they arent planning to pay down the deficit for another bloody 5 years now, which means spending will at least track inflation. they would have made 2020 target too on current projections.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And the country voted to leave .... So as the leader of the Party in power she is surely obligated to see brexit through negotiating the best possible deal for us all.

Absolutely. She knows it's **** but lets get on with it. I agree.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Perhaps if he were less shambolic, then the "open season" as you say, might be less open. He goes into a nursery to be filmed with kids, as all politicians like to do, then talks of a flagship policy, knowing full well that there is doubt amongst the electorate as to how all his goodie bags are to be paid for, and then hasn't a clue how much it costs. He does rather ask for it.

Perhaps, maybe it is just my reaction towards Labours little surge that has got me all jumpy .........

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I think the current danger to world peace, aside from ISIS is the developing situation in North Korea. While they continue to be 'supported' by China most countries are willing to continue discussions in the UN to seek a solution.

However with Trump completely out of his depth on foreign affairs, and wanting to show he is tough combined with Kim Jong-un wanting to obtain long range nuclear weapons we are left holding our breath that nothing will happen.

My concern is that both these leaders are unwilling to back down and compromise. To me they seem like two western poker players in a saloon where both have gone all in on rubbish hands and when one wins the hand and pulls the pot towards himself he is immediately accused of cheating and a gun fight ensues.

I

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I too would like a proper breakdown on who is using these food banks as well, because I don't believe everyone needs them. Like you point out in your post, if they cut out smoking that about's about £25-£50 per week that could be spent on food. That's a quite a bit of food if you shop sensibly.

As for things like Tax Credit cuts which the Tories have been hammered for, we need to look back at the amount of money that went out in fraudulent claims under the last Labour government, quite rightly it pissed people who where going out to work everyday and couldn't claim a single penny. If people can genuinely work, they should work.

The last food bank (Salvation Army) I walked past at, in Hastings Town Centre, well I don't quite know what to call it, but the majority of the people outside appeared to be elderly? What are they doing wrong? Having their heat off at the wrong time of day?

D

Deleted member 2719

Why stop there? It would be sensible, would it not, to restrict the working class to one live game of football a season and only allow them in to pubs on alternate weeks.

Ha Ha, you know what I mean, people generally have so many luxuries nowadays, some people get the balance wrong and overspend, then they blame the government. Surely we should all be playing the long game as a priority.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You've just described me Goldstone, you're so right, what the f**k.

Hope I'm wrong but all I can see is May, realising the effect that Brexit will have, cynically calling an election ensuring her 5 years in a job rather then suffering a massive reversal in two or three when the reality hits.

As I say I hope I'm wrong but at the very least this election result should bring about the end of this left wing uprising in the Labour Party and the realisation that this country will only ever vote against the Tory for a middle ground political party.
Depends what constituency in. I will vote labour not because I like corbyn but if kemptown goes labour it will help curtail Tory excess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here