Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone here think Trump is a safe bet for Pres?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So much Garbage in this thread.

If you think that Clinton,( who is heavily backed by Soros) will pull a Merkal with an open borders stunt while disarming people isn't a toxic enough brew to pour on people usually described as dumb, frightened angry and well armed load of crazies Then triggering a civil conflict and that somehow a Trump Presidency, who has vowed to limit Muslim immigration is way worse then most of you are out of your minds.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Will destabilise the world beyond our worst imaginings. Not that that'll stop Amerikan Idiots voting him in.

He won't, he'll be reigned in by congress and it'll end up a term of cronyism and feathering the nest of him and the rest of the super rich.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
So much Garbage in this thread.

If you think that Clinton,( who is heavily backed by Soros) will pull a Merkal with an open borders stunt while disarming people isn't a toxic enough brew to pour on people usually described as dumb, frightened angry and well armed load of crazies Then triggering a civil conflict and that somehow a Trump Presidency, who has vowed to limit Muslim immigration is way worse then most of you are out of your minds.

Talk about a toxic brew. The combination of your almost indecipherable English with your bigotry, ignorance and conspiratorial bent makes you seem like an archetypal tin-foil hat wearer. Maybe you should move to some isolated compound in Nevada?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talk about a toxic brew. The combination of your almost indecipherable English with your bigotry, ignorance and conspiratorial bent makes you seem like an archetypal tin-foil hat wearer. Maybe you should move to some isolated compound in Nevada?
After everything that has been said by The Donald over the last 12 months, you can't seriously expect reasoned debate from someone who has written #41, without including a :wink:, can you?

D

Deleted member 22389

If anyone gets right on my nerves it's that Clinton woman. Touch of the Blairs if you ask me, who has pocketed million in speaking fees, yet tries to make out she understands the people. What I think people want in the US like the UK is some proper jobs, a sense that their country is not being sold down the river, some accountability, not too much to ask for. All these people do is promise false hope, so staged I don't know how anyone can buy in to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Trump is dangerous and unstable but after Brexit I take nothing for granted, it could happen. The Chinese must look at all this and think they've got this government thing sorted. :nono:

Of course it could happen.
As outsiders, we do not hear and feel the mood of the people at grass roots level in the USA. If you went out onto the streets of Britain pre-Brexit, you would have felt this undercurrent of disenchantment and unhappiness. People wanted change and a simple yes/no vote gave them that opportunity to influence. The people of Britain sent out a message to the Establishment that the status quo can be undermined. They didn't like their democracy being given away. They didn't like the idea of a European superstate. They didn't like Britain having less and less influence in Europe. They didn't like British business being denied the opportunity to recruit from around the world. They didn't like the restrictive practices of the European Union. They didn't like the way the EU rode roughshod over certain countries, destroying the Greeks and damaging others. They didn't like half a million extra people a year coming into this country, knowing our infrastructure can't cope. They didn't like seeing housing developments on every bit of green belt just outside urban/semi-urban areas. They didn't like the way our dream of multi-culturalism has resulted in large areas of non-integration throughout the country. They weighed all this up against access to the single market, tariff free trading and economic freedom of movement. They knew they would create some economic uncertainty and encourage recessive factors but despite all this, they still decided change was necessary.
If the Americans feel that things need changing and Clinton is the Establishment figure ,then they will vote for Trump.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If the Americans feel that things need changing and Clinton is the Establishment figure ,then they will vote for Trump.

then they will discover nothing changes and realise that Trump is Establishment too. he's a billionaire property/hotel developer, he aint going to do anything to help the grass roots in Brighton, Alabama, he doesnt even know what their problems really are just latched on to some idea around shutting down trade and being isolationist with the rest of the world.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

If youcant point out the bigotryI will have to assume you are a liar and an idiot then..

This type of Brexit style media propoganda hasbeen going on for a while now.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/10/left-planned-stage-violence-embarrass-trump/.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...-dumps-cnn-secret-service-trump-warning-clam/

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
then they will discover nothing changes and realise that Trump is Establishment too. he's a billionaire property/hotel developer, he aint going to do anything to help the grass roots in Brighton, Alabama, he doesnt even know what their problems really are just latched on to some idea around shutting down trade and being isolationist with the rest of the world.

I am mystified as to how people can see him as anti-establishment. He was gifted the money and contacts to develop property in New York and at no point was required to take on the risks or show the vision and innovation that characterises the greatest entrepreneurs, and yet presents himself as one. His cosseted life means that he has been able to remain in a perpetual childhood and never had the need to develop the social skills that most of us need. What is described as his daring anti-establishment approach is simply the petulance of a spoiled child and his lack of self control and self-awareness is what makes him dangerous not his supposed radicalism because it is hard to discern any coherent set of policies' more a random mix of soundbites and scapegoats.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Of course it could happen.
As outsiders, we do not hear and feel the mood of the people at grass roots level in the USA. If you went out onto the streets of Britain pre-Brexit, you would have felt this undercurrent of disenchantment and unhappiness. People wanted change and a simple yes/no vote gave them that opportunity to influence. The people of Britain sent out a message to the Establishment that the status quo can be undermined. They didn't like their democracy being given away. They didn't like the idea of a European superstate. They didn't like Britain having less and less influence in Europe. They didn't like British business being denied the opportunity to recruit from around the world. They didn't like the restrictive practices of the European Union. They didn't like the way the EU rode roughshod over certain countries, destroying the Greeks and damaging others. They didn't like half a million extra people a year coming into this country, knowing our infrastructure can't cope. They didn't like seeing housing developments on every bit of green belt just outside urban/semi-urban areas. They didn't like the way our dream of multi-culturalism has resulted in large areas of non-integration throughout the country. They weighed all this up against access to the single market, tariff free trading and economic freedom of movement. They knew they would create some economic uncertainty and encourage recessive factors but despite all this, they still decided change was necessary.

Yes it was a cry for help from a large economic underclass with nothing to lose, shame so many (the youth) have to suffer for it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"We spend billions of dollars on nuclear weapons. What's the point in spending so much if we're not going to use them".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"We spend billions of dollars on nuclear weapons. What's the point in spending so much if we're not going to use them".
We'll need every nuke once Trump's russian paymasters get him to pull the US out of NATO :nono:

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I am mystified as to how people can see him as anti-establishment. He was gifted the money and contacts to develop property in New York and at no point was required to take on the risks or show the vision and innovation that characterises the greatest entrepreneurs, and yet presents himself as one. His cosseted life means that he has been able to remain in a perpetual childhood and never had the need to develop the social skills that most of us need. What is described as his daring anti-establishment approach is simply the petulance of a spoiled child and his lack of self control and self-awareness is what makes him dangerous not his supposed radicalism because it is hard to discern any coherent set of policies' more a random mix of soundbites and scapegoats.

Well-worded... he is a just a big privileged bully...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

I think the point in the article is that people should focus on Trump himself rather than maligning his supporters and I think that the comments in this thread have largely focussed on him. I don't doubt the genuine issues that have motivated people's votes in the referendum and may influence a vote for Trump but it is my view that a Leave vote and one for Trump is no solution to them; many have and will think differently.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Currently Trailfinders can't organise any off planet emigration.... I put my name down on the waiting list just in case the yanks do vote him in... forward planning see.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
forget about trump - is the world full of clean skin leaders at the moment - don't think so - one more idiot won't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here