Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds trying to ruin TV deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume the Leeds fans do realise if Cellino gets his way Leeds will NEVER play another 3pm Saturday game.

Those 11am or 10pm kick offs are going to be quality.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Are the viewing figures for Leeds on Sky that much higher than everyone else? I doubt it.

These were the figures that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posted

Championship TV viewing figures.png

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry, by bigger contract I meant a bigger deal. The Prem (18 clubs) gets what? Some 3 billion or more? I don't know the intricates. The FL (72 clubs) gets 100 mill? That is a huge, huge difference.

Negotiate with whom though?

Neither Sky or BT Sport are particularly bothered about FL72 football. Viewing figures are in the region of 2-300,000, compared to up to 2 million for the Premier League.

Sky's own research shows that the biggest driver for subscriptions is Premier League rights from sports fans.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I assume the Leeds fans do realise if Cellino gets his way Leeds will NEVER play another 3pm Saturday game.

Those 11am or 10pm kick offs are going to be quality.

That was my thought in that chasing the money the highest bidder would get to show the game and if that means Asia or wherever watch out for ko times of 3am to maximise income.

Games played in front of an almost empty stadium become the norm due to silly start times and last minute moves of the game to fit tv schedules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here