Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2017/18 official thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

View attachment 91185

Yup i now want a car with a technologically advanced sunroof , and surround sound .

That campaign was somewhat flawed (a bicycle and the whole holiday/car hire image), but actually I was quite impressed that they acknowledged this. In the real world, this is exactly the sort of thing that market research would iron out. In fact, it wouldn't have been bad at all if they had then had time to add prices to the underground posters. On the other hand, the other "campaign" was arguably the worst stab at a task I've EVER seen on the Apprentice, somehow trumping the "item collection" episode on this very series where they had all day and only got 6 out of 9 items, including a failure to get some standard house bricks, available within 5 minutes of pretty much anywhere you happen to be in London.

The other one really did beggar belief. Was there really not a single person on that team who didn't know what a Norman Village was? Elizabeth expected a chocolate pot (sic :dunce: ) English village apparently. And then the complete and utter absence of any co-ordination between the underground and TV campaigns was equally unbelievable. I genuinely don't understand why Sugar didn't sack all 3 of them. You get the feeling he was quite pissed off that Elizabeth wasn't called in, but to be honest as incompetent and laughable as she was, she simply needed reigning in. None of it was her fault.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’ve just remembered another gem, advertising the merits of assisted parking by having a women put on her lipstick while reverse parking. Genius.
Yeah I heard that idea too :D It didn't make the advert did it? Presumably he didn't have a driving license?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was really expecting to see all 4 get fired, and I think Lord Al was considering it. It would have been high drama and would have been the first highlight of the series.

Joanna and Bushra need to be split up, I think they've both got some basic intellect but they clash horrifically and both have a significant chip on their shoulders which comes free with an inferiority complex. The horrible shouting woman must have one hell of a business plan, otherwise she'd have been flushed down the pan for sure. There are some very weak people on the show this year and it can't be long until he fires a whole team of people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was really expecting to see all 4 get fired, and I think Lord Al was considering it. It would have been high drama and would have been the first highlight of the series.

Joanna and Bushra need to be split up, I think they've both got some basic intellect but they clash horrifically and both have a significant chip on their shoulders which comes free with an inferiority complex. The horrible shouting woman must have one hell of a business plan, otherwise she'd have been flushed down the pan for sure. There are some very weak people on the show this year and it can't be long until he fires a whole team of people.

There are 11 candidates left, and only 5 tasks remaining, to cull 7 of them, leaving four finalists.

There will be two double-eliminations (or one triple-elimination) at some point.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It was amazing that they thought the Normans had cars. I think that Sarah is the only normal person . The other women just keep arguing .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've not cringed in front of the telly so much since David Brent was in his pomp.

In defence of James I think he's been one of the more able candidates this series but his team was a shower of sh1te and far inferior to the other team who have 3/4 very competent birds.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There are 11 candidates left, and only 5 tasks remaining, to cull 7 of them, leaving four finalists.

There will be two double-eliminations (or one triple-elimination) at some point.

He'll do what he wants. Maybe he'll put three through to the final task and have three people launch their business plan. I wouldn't be surprised if he completely mixes it up this season, either lob loads through to the interview stage and let more than usual get a hammering or have a week where he just culls a load of them. I was watching some of Trump's more infamous firings and he binned off a whole team of 4 having failed to make sales on a task - I was half expecting to see the same last night from Lord Al. All 4 couldn't have argued.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
He'll do what he wants. Maybe he'll put three through to the final task and have three people launch their business plan. I wouldn't be surprised if he completely mixes it up this season, either lob loads through to the interview stage and let more than usual get a hammering or have a week where he just culls a load of them. I was watching some of Trump's more infamous firings and he binned off a whole team of 4 having failed to make sales on a task - I was half expecting to see the same last night from Lord Al. All 4 couldn't have argued.

In all probability it will be the Production Team deciding who gets fired and when - Lord Sugar probably tells them at the start who he wants in the final based on CV's/Business Plans and they work out the best way to fire to make better telly (with some wiggle room if somebody is a complete cockwomble on one of the tasks!)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeah I heard that idea too :D It didn't make the advert did it? Presumably he didn't have a driving license?

I don’t think it made the advert but Lord Sugar certainly made reference to it later. Good job the car didn’t have cruise control as I’m sure one of them would have suggested showing how to use it while texting.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Another baffling firing in the sense that Saj was the least shittest one out of the 4.

James had literally no control and didn't do anything. I thought one of the worst tasks for a Project Manager so far.
Elizabeth is Elizabeth. Shouting all her shit ideas and was quite clearly to blame for a lot of the failure in that task.
Joanna came up with the shittest name and is a right miserable cow. Liked her at the start of the series, thought she had something about her but she is just whiny and drowning in misery.
Saj was fired due to not being creative. I think the previous reasonings for the other 3 are slightly more 'fire-worthy' than Saj.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Another baffling firing in the sense that Saj was the least shittest one out of the 4.

James had literally no control and didn't do anything. I thought one of the worst tasks for a Project Manager so far.
Elizabeth is Elizabeth. Shouting all her shit ideas and was quite clearly to blame for a lot of the failure in that task.
Joanna came up with the shittest name and is a right miserable cow. Liked her at the start of the series, thought she had something about her but she is just whiny and drowning in misery.
Saj was fired due to not being creative. I think the previous reasonings for the other 3 are slightly more 'fire-worthy' than Saj.

I think if he had really fu**ed up he would have been on a par with the other three monuments to clustf*ckery and may have survived. He just was not shite enough to stay in the program.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What tasks are left

->Sales task with one high ticket item?
->
->
-> Interview

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I thought she came up with a brilliant, simple idea of the woman coming out of the house dishevelled and disorganised, then suddenly her world becoming sleek and organised once she was behind the wheel of the car.

This would have been so easy to film - no fancy location required, a rapid edit of all the specced-up bits of the car clicking into action - indeed, that was a concept they could have rolled into a 10-second add for the internet or 30 second for TV. However, not one of her team picked up on it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In all probability it will be the Production Team deciding who gets fired and when - Lord Sugar probably tells them at the start who he wants in the final based on CV's/Business Plans

This. James is allegedly earning £200k a year as an IT Recruitment consultant. If he is taking that home, his firm are probably booking three or four times that off the back of his placements. His 'business plan' is probably no more revolutionary than 'Start my own IT Recruitment firm, with your financial backing'.

Siralan loves the no risk easy 'ideas' - just like the Aussie chap who won with his similar 'idea' a couple of years ago.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This series really has reached a new low.

Tonight's task, it would seem, is pitching to a client to win a contract to pick up dog shit! And they can't even do that properly. FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here