Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you're in the Premier League when......

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Clapping the opposition players

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You sound a bit downbeat about the Prem [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]

What gives

Not at all. Only downbeat about our new breed of fans. This is why the Amex is like a morgue because our fans are to nice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not at all. Only downbeat about our new breed of fans. This is why the Amex is like a morgue because our fans are to nice.

Same band of brothers who were at Withdean wearing Albion-branded bin-liners over their heads are still present. We just lack a common meeting point like the South Stand or the Brewery Tap. Don't really care about the being outnumbered by 'our new breed of fans'. Old-skool fans only fought for the Albion's right to exist, not to what it would become. Easy enough to start supporting your local team on the up. Fair enough, and the club needs the numbers. Hopefully 'our new breed of fans' will stick around in the event of a downturn in the club's fortunes. Remains to be seen tho eh?

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I think everyone is going to get a bit of a shock when we are on Match of The Day.

I used to go to the Fulham games a lot when I lived in Hammersmith with work colleague and it was unreal how the game was edited. I remember one game Fulham hit the post 3 times and were very unlucky to loose 2-0 (can't remember opponent), yet none of those post shots even made the MOTD highlights. In their eyes its always the winning team that were better, its like they just see the score and the narrative is already set.

And from what I have seen the last couple of seasons nothing has changed much in terms of bias. If we play a top 6 side, we won't even get a mention. They'll talk about Arsenal/City/United/Liverpool for 5-10mins and then just quickly says something off hand about us like "And Brighton? They just weren't good enough really were they". If we do score a goal against a top side they'll put it down to dreadful defending. However, all of this is much better than playing/defending well for 90mins but getting a 5-mins rinsing on one lapse in concentration of a player who they'll basically laugh at whilst its replayed over and over.

N17

Jun 21, 2011

That's Premier League football. The majority of home support at all Prem grounds is pretty dire. Especially once a team is established in the division. That's why Leicester & now Huddersfield hand out those horrendous clappers.

When a team get promoted from the Championship their away support is usually excellent, particularly in the first season. Thereafter it steadily wanes & is less exuberant as the Prem novelty wears off.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Capture.JPG

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
You know you're in the Premier League when tourists try to take their pints to their seats.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You know when you are in the Premier League when every f..ucker you meet or have ever known says to say, "How do you think you'll do in the Premier League then"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here