Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rowett leaves Birmingham

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Trillion Trophy Asia wtf said:
An immediate replacement will be sought

Surely they have someone already in the frame!? They wouldn't bin Rowett and the entire backroom staff without having someone lined up? These people are mental, how they think must be fascinating. Perhaps they think this season is irrelevant, despite the outside chance they could hit the play offs and it's all about next season - maybe in their pre-pubescent minds they have a vision of a season at the summit throughout, batting aside all opposition with ease?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They got hammered by Newcastle on Saturday though. Clearly the mental owners feel they should be beating teams like Newcastle.

From Twitter

Birmingham: Only Brighton (2) have lost fewer games in the Championship this season than Gary Rowett’s Birmingham (5) #bcfc

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
EITHER

A> They have a BIG NAME lined up, or a very good manager anyhow, a la Pochettino coming in for Adkins at Saints

or

B> They're idiots with no clue what they're doing.

Here's hoping it's B.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The three new directors are 50, 32 and 30 years old. I'd assumed they'd be children given this decision. They joined the board yesterday, sack the management team today... next stop 'Birmingham Wildcat Dragon Rovers FC'

However, the Daily Mail article linked to earlier states that they want a high profile 'name' managing the club, hence Zola. I think they should have gone for Justin Timberlake, he's much more famous.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Bugger, players will be out to impress whoever is coming in now!

I normally think the same thing but it looks like everyone is gutted about this, I can't imagine the players will be happy to have lost a manager they respect and like. See Cardiff and Leeds and their meltdowns with foreign owners. I think we have a fantastic chance compared to before this happened.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Statement says they want an immediate replacement so reckon someone's lined up who'll be in by tomorrow and in charge on Saturday.
Just gotta hope their players are still in shock and not in all out impress the new boss mode

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
EITHER

A> They have a BIG NAME lined up, or a very good manager anyhow, a la Pochettino coming in for Adkins at Saints

or

B> They're idiots with no clue what they're doing.

Here's hoping it's B.

Got TalkSport on and H&J are assuming A. However they've just had Paddy Power on and he said they were pricing up the book currently. The HUGE names leading the market included Adkins, Cotterill and Jackett.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Got TalkSport on and H&J are assuming A. However they've just had Paddy Power on and he said they were pricing up the book currently. The HUGE names leading the market included Adkins, Cotterill and Jackett.
Adkins! LOL.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Skybet:
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 14.31.59.png

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
A quality young manager who was working wonders.
We as a club are blessed to have such an owner as TB.
Ridiculous decision making by BCFC.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
PLEASE PLEASE GOD let it be Gerrard.

I mean I feel sorry for the Bluenoses and all, but by Christ that would be an abject disaster not to be missed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Could be an interesting atmosphere on Saturday. Let's hope the players basically go on strike and dont really turn up.

Lots of post hoc rationalisation will happen here no matter what the result. We all need to commit to whether this is good or bad for us right now. I think good.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Rock the boat a bit !

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here